Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old June 8th, 2007, 02:31 PM   #1
AC.wAkeBoArDin.06
VT Lover

AC.wAkeBoArDin.06's Forum Picture

Default After 18 Years

Well, after 18 years of living my life... i finally decided to take an ADD test at my hospital... and I am diagnosed with it. So as of now I am on a trial period of Adderall XR. The doctor gave me 30 Adderall 10mg XR and my instructions are to take 1 pill a day for 5 days, 2 pills a day for 5 days, then 3 pills a day for 5 days. This is so I can figure out which mg is right for me (10mg, 20mg, 30mg). Somehow I knew it my whole life, but I didn't come around to getting help for it. I tried to suck it up and deal with it, but I finally came around to getting it checked out... and... well I apparently have it =P

The Years Have Been Short, But The Days Go Slowly By.
~The Shins
AC.wAkeBoArDin.06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2007, 03:11 PM   #2
Glasgow
Banned

Default Re: After 18 Years

Lol oh well, its only ADD. Not even as close to being as bad as bi polar or other mental illnesses. But im glad you got help finally
Glasgow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2007, 05:21 PM   #3
MoveAlong
Legendary Member

well that's ok then =]
Tho I got diagnosed and those pills screwed me up. I don't ever recommend any type of pills. So good luck, but I've just learned to concentrate on my own. Plus I don't think I have it enough to worry about it anyway.
MoveAlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2007, 05:45 PM   #4
Maverick
Retired Administrator

Maverick's Forum Picture

If you made it through high school and a bit of college without it, then why start to take pills now?
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2007, 05:08 PM   #5
AC.wAkeBoArDin.06
VT Lover

AC.wAkeBoArDin.06's Forum Picture

haha because it was a big struggle =P I bullshitted my way through anything I could back in primary school... because sometimes I couldn't focus... now im paying around $20,000 a year to go to college ($35,000 total but I got a lot of grants and scholarships) and I dont want that money to go to waste because of a problem I have. I struggled so hard 1st year to pull off a 3.3 GPA and a lot of it was bullshitting my way through haha... but I actually wanna learn...

The Years Have Been Short, But The Days Go Slowly By.
~The Shins
AC.wAkeBoArDin.06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2007, 11:28 PM   #6
Maverick
Retired Administrator

Maverick's Forum Picture

Ah okay that makes sense and understandable. I hope the pills work out. Being in college you'll be pretty popular with an Adderall prescription; not saying that you'll give it out.
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2007, 11:36 PM   #7
MoveAlong
Legendary Member

Same here, I don't want to seem like an ass and like I don't care I hope it works for you.
MoveAlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2007, 10:46 PM   #8
atebo93

just be careful. adderall is pretty harsh on some people. i was given it in 6th grade, and got really depressed in 7th (doc said cuz of adderall and stress, cuz i'm apparently uber stressed out 7th grader, lol), but that was after i had gotten used to it, and was given the max dose...

not saying to not take it, but just saying, my parents took me off of that, and also decided against concerta cuz our neighbor got really bad physical tics and some sleeping disorders from it. so, i'm going to high school unmedicated, lollerz.

anyway, yeah, just keep track of what's going on and make shure that nothing bad happens, and if it does, go talk to your doc and see if they can do somethinga bout it.
atebo93 is offline   Reply With Quote