Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old February 1st, 2012, 12:43 AM   #1
davedent

Default How OCD am I?

So I am not diagnosed with OCD, but I am planning on getting screened soon, because I think that I have it, but wanted another opinion. Here are just a few examples:

I have this thing with my fingers where if one of my fingers, let's say my thumb accidentally touches an eraser, then i will have to touch the eraser with all of my other fingers. After that, I'd would have to start with my pointer finger and touch the eraser with all of my fingers in order, and then do it again starting with my middle finger and so on.

Also, when I listen to the radio, I have to have the volume at either 5, 7, 10, 12, 15, 17, 18, 20, 21, 22 (only sometimes though), 25, 27, 28, 30, 32. I can't listen or drive until it is at one of those places.

When listening to my ipod, there are only certain spots I put the volume thing at.

I have to have even amounts of food in my mouth. For Instance, one sweetart in the left side of my mouth and one in the right. If I have an odd number, then I make it even by breaking one up into 2 pieces.

These are just some examples and was wondering if this sounds like anyone diagnosed with OCD.
Thanks
Old February 5th, 2012, 12:11 PM   #2
NightmareSora

Default Re: How OCD am I?

Im not the one to diagnose you but to me it clearly sounds like you have ocd, i have ocd and i can relate to what you say. I have to have the volume at 5, 8, 10, 12, 15, 18, 20, 25. The eraser-thing i can also relate to.
Maybe you can try asking yourself: Do i have any "Rituals" i have to do? How much time do i use at day at doing them? Am i sometimes Late because of it? How do i feel when i dont do whatever i "need" to do? Is there a certainly thing that i feel would happen if i dont do it? Do i do everything i can to not get in a situation where i have to, for example touch the eraser with all my fingers?
That could maybe give you an idea of how bad it is, if you have it.

Hope i could help.
Old February 5th, 2012, 07:11 PM   #3
davedent

Thank you so much Nightmare!
I have been wondering for awhile whether I should get screened for OCD or if it was just in my head. There are some nights where I can't even do my homework because it is so bad..I asked my mom to make an appointment for me for Wednesday. Wish me luck!
Old February 5th, 2012, 10:46 PM   #4
canadaski
Member++

I think you've got OCD. Keep in mind that OCD is a symptom of anxiety disorder. This means it can arise as a result of anxiety over anything.

Don't be so quick to take a drug from the doctor. Ask about cognitive behaviour therapy. It's supposed to work really well, I'm looking at it with my counselor.
Old February 6th, 2012, 06:57 PM   #5
NightmareSora

Im glad i could help you
Old March 13th, 2012, 11:13 PM   #6
snow661
Junior Member+

Name: Nate

what

its just like meh

Last edited by Deleted User; March 14th, 2012 at 06:47 PM. Reason: double post merged
Old January 8th, 2014, 10:41 PM   #7
DarknessUnicorn
Junior Member+

DarknessUnicorn's Forum Picture

Name: Kyra

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedent View Post
I have this thing with my fingers where if one of my fingers, let's say my thumb accidentally touches an eraser, then i will have to touch the eraser with all of my other fingers.
I do the same thing. If one of my hands gets even the slightest bit of water on it, that same hand has to be submerged as well as the other hand. Also, I can't hold on to a cup with one hand, it needs to be both.

Kyra -- 13 -- Canada -- Straight

Check out some of my photography... If you dare c;
http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/al...p?albumid=6899

Cats are magical creatures. Everybody should have one. :3
Old January 20th, 2014, 09:30 PM   #8
baseballfan
Junior Member+

Try and search for an online test to see if you may have ocd. Seems likely but no one here will know for sure.
Old January 20th, 2014, 10:07 PM   #9
Elysium
Global Moderator

Elysium's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessUnicorn View Post
I do the same thing. If one of my hands gets even the slightest bit of water on it, that same hand has to be submerged as well as the other hand. Also, I can't hold on to a cup with one hand, it needs to be both.
Please don't post in threads that have been inactive for two months or more.

Global Moderator
My Diary
“Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.”
- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse Five

PM me FAQ
[email protected]
“The Goderator”
~Mike was here~
*Ali*
val
~Steven~
Closed Thread