Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room [3]

Old January 12th, 2012, 08:00 PM   #1
BFG9001

Default I honestly don't see the point in life anymore.

I've been thinking. I don't understand the point to living anymore. I keep getting these suicidal urges and I want to fulfill them. No one will ever remember me in any way, and even if they did, it doesn't matter. I don't see the reason why I should grow attached to things just to lose them one by one later on. I don't get why we are here or why we have to die. Nothing is important in any way. We are all insipid, boring creatures in a world that doesn't matter to anything at all and we're just wasting our time, but there's nothing else to do. Nothing. We are all alone in the end.

Does anyone else feel this way?

I am a mediocre guy with a mediocre penis.
BFG9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2012, 08:09 PM   #2
StoppingTime
Retired Administrator

StoppingTime's Forum Picture

Name: Steven
Default Re: I honestly don't see the point in life anymore.

I don't feel like this, but I just came by to give you a little insight.

It's true, nobody really can understand "why we're here". Maybe we shouldn't. Whether you are religious or not, there may be some things we aren't meant to know. That doesn't mean we are wrong though.
But we do matter, although it isn't always easy for us to see.

The cliche, "everyone can make a difference", is much more than an overused phrase. This is going to sound stupid, and I can't blame you for thinking that, but it could be true.
We have a chance to do whatever we want with our life, and I don't think it should be looked upon as a joke.

It is aways hard to see that "light at the end of a tunnel" when your life gets crazy, but you can always have a chance to turn it around, ten if it isn't as easy as we may like.

We may not understand why exactly we're here, but trust me, you could, and will make a difference to people.

Everyone says, "Nobody will remember me when I die, so why live?" This just isn't true.
If you make good use of your life, you can erase this thought completely.
If you go now (Warning: cliched, don't commit suicide quote ahead, proceed with caution ) you never know what you could have done.
But if you think about it, it's true.

No matter how messed up things get, there's always that chance for you to turn yourself around, and make the best of things.
It'll be hard, I can guarantee it, but that's life. Going through rough times to get to the better ones.

Well, I guess that ends my rant.

Good luck with everything, and never feel ashamed to contact just about anyone here (myself included), with anything on your mind.

~Steven/StoppingTime.

Mikey was here

Elysium was here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlerchan
WILL HOUSING CRISIS CAUSED BY COMMIE HOMOSEXUALIST-ABORTIONIST MARXIST IMMIGRANTS AND WELFARE CHEATS FROM RACIST ANTI-BRITISH EU CAUSE TB RATE FROM VACCINES TO RISE?!
StoppingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2012, 08:12 PM   #3
BFG9001

I guess so. I'm just over-thinking, I guess.

I am a mediocre guy with a mediocre penis.
Old January 12th, 2012, 08:16 PM   #4
StoppingTime
Retired Administrator

StoppingTime's Forum Picture

Name: Steven

It's normal though. We all go through those times when we ask ourselves, "Why do I really need to be here? Will anyone remember me for what I did?"

And yes, it can be very hard to accept these, but they really will if you make good use of your life, and I'm sure you will.

Mikey was here

Elysium was here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlerchan
WILL HOUSING CRISIS CAUSED BY COMMIE HOMOSEXUALIST-ABORTIONIST MARXIST IMMIGRANTS AND WELFARE CHEATS FROM RACIST ANTI-BRITISH EU CAUSE TB RATE FROM VACCINES TO RISE?!
StoppingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2012, 03:45 PM   #5
Triceratops
VT Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFG9001 View Post
I've been thinking. I don't understand the point to living anymore. I keep getting these suicidal urges and I want to fulfill them. No one will ever remember me in any way, and even if they did, it doesn't matter. I don't see the reason why I should grow attached to things just to lose them one by one later on. I don't get why we are here or why we have to die. Nothing is important in any way. We are all insipid, boring creatures in a world that doesn't matter to anything at all and we're just wasting our time, but there's nothing else to do. Nothing. We are all alone in the end.

Does anyone else feel this way?
I used to feel like that all time.

You'll eventually realise that you have a lot to live for. Everyone has at least something. It took me a while, but I got there in the end. In the previous years I was a psychological wreckage of a human being (lol), no word of a lie, but in the past year or so I grew into a really strong and wise person and accepted that not everything is perfect and to hang on to what I already have. Barely anything in your life will ever stay the same, things will change, always. You need to be strong enough to be able to move on and take past experiences as lessons learnt instead of longing for them, if that makes sense? The amount of people I've loved and lost, I've genuinely lost count tbh.

Also, there is no meaning of life. You live, you die. Life is what you make it. Like I said, nothing is ever perfect and life is tough shit, but learning to not have regrets and to cope with shit that comes my way a lot better has helped me a lot from thinking the way I used to (the same way you are now).

"I can't judge any of you. I have no malice against you and no ribbons for you. But I think that it is high time that you all start looking at yourselves, and judging the lie that you live in." ~ Charles Manson
Triceratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2012, 03:51 PM   #6
Abyssal Echo
Lone Wolf

Abyssal Echo's Forum Picture

Name: Matt

Amen to that.....

I am Bi-Polar and am constantly lookin for a reason to stay alive...these constant ups and downs suck...makes it hard to keep friends. they just dont get me.....I do warn new people though #1 that I am Gay and #2 that sometimes I can be a moody little bitch. so at least they know up front what they are getting into.
Abyssal Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2012, 05:06 AM   #7
jimmyboy92

Name: Jimmy

Yeah I've felt like that for years (at least 6 years) and I still haven't found the point to being here. I wouldn't be at all bothered if for example the doc said I had just a week to live. I don't like myself, or my life and would ideally like to be someone else.......BUT of course that can't physically happen, so the next best things is just to end it.

You just have to find ways to keep your mind occupied on something else though.....
jimmyboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2012, 05:13 AM   #8
katelynnicole

katelynnicole's Forum Picture

Name: katelyn

God had a plan for you, every thing will work out. Just pray and try to fix things in life. I wish u the best (: <3

14, female, bi, i like to talk dirty lol. (;
katelynnicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2012, 12:54 AM   #9
Unique Physique

Unique Physique's Forum Picture

Without sounding all nihilistic, the truth is, there is no objective point in life. Like Chuck Paluhniuk (author of Fight Club) says "We are not special. We are not crap or trash, either. We just are. We just are, and what happens just happens."

But only we ourselves can add colour to our lives and give ourselves a point to live. For most, it's just to be happy and achieve a few goals... go to university, learn a skill, get a career we want, learn to understand quantum physics, learn Spanish, get married or enter a great relationship, maybe have kids and pass our genes on, find a religion or ideology to believe in, make a few enemies and experience a few life dramas along the way. Just live and let live and enjoy.

To answer your question, yes, I have and sometimes still do. Deep inside I feel I know that once we die, that is it, yet there's a part of me that hopes there's some kind of afterlife or rebirth.. but my plan is to enjoy life before I kick the bucket and "find out" what truly happens, either way. Perhaps you should give yourself a meaning to live for now and then ponder on your own nihilistic thoughts after you've made the existence you have now the best you possible can, i.e. when you're old and retired.

~ Don't tell me the sky's the limit, with footprints on the moon.
Unique Physique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2012, 11:36 PM   #10
BFG9001

Quote:
Originally Posted by katelynnicole View Post
God had a plan for you, every thing will work out. Just pray and try to fix things in life. I wish u the best (: <3
No. That doesn't help me at all.
Old January 20th, 2012, 12:58 PM   #11
JeffCollins
Junior Member+

JeffCollins's Forum Picture

Name: Jeff

Everything happens for a reason. When you think that life is turning back at you, just think of how lucky you are cause you have a computer, that's why you're here not like those poor kids in other countries that are malnourished. And second, if you think that no one will remember you, how about the people you changed? Or your parents that gave birth to you. Anyways, every night, before you go to sleep, just reflect on what you have. I suffered from that too, coz i felt like have nothing but negative things. And i learn to appreciate it.

16/M/Straight/Curious
JeffCollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2012, 01:48 PM   #12
Quercus
Member+

Quercus's Forum Picture

Name: Jacob

Cheers to you OP.
I know where it is your coming from.. sometimes at night i lay awake.. thinking of a rewson to keep living? I have to many people iv loved and have seemed to kick me to the curb... love I desire but no one turns up? Once i had a dream that i died and an angel took me around to people i loved... and old friends (much like from the charles dickens "a christmas story")
It was depressing to say the least...

I always thought if i was going to commit suicide i wanted to do it with a bang.. doing something crazy like trying to give the president a pickle and getting shot in the process... then everyone would be know me

"When you dont get what you want, you suffer. If you get it, you suffer too since you cant hold on to it forever."

"I may not be smart, but I cant lift heavy things!!"

-Jacob-
Quercus is offline   Reply With Quote