Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room [2]

Old December 4th, 2011, 12:06 PM   #1
dreamer18xx

dreamer18xx's Forum Picture

Name: Barbra
Default Do you ever feel bad sticking up for yourself?

I know this sounds pretty weird but whenever people pick on me or treat me badly I usually feel even worse about it if I stick up for myself and say somthing back maybe because I just hate fighting but I dont know it just makes me feel even more upset. Like for example there was this guy in one of my classes who was a total jerk he was one of those cocky jock guys (not saying that all guys who are jocks are cocky btw) but I sat across from him and he wouldd always say mean things under his breath about me like how im an idot meanwhile I got pretty good grades in that class and he said somthing weird while he was talking quitely to his friend but loud enough so I could hear about how I reminded him of the main character from the book Speak....I guess its because I had the bad habbit of bitting my lips when nervous but still thats really rude and creepy to say to someone and if you havent read Speak this is what its about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speak_(novel) but anyway I usually just ignore him but I got so annoyed one time and rolled my eyes (which sorta shocked me since I never roll my eyes at anyone) but he kept calling me a eye fu*** to his friend and I just felt really embarresed and upset but it was more b/c I reacted to his stupid comments and I felt like I was being mean I know rolling your eyes at someone isnt much of a reaction but its kinda big for me since I dont like to be rude/mean to other people. I do this with other sittuations too and I know I should stick up for myself and the fact that I cant pretty much makes me a wuss but I hate when I get into arguments with people or seem like a bi*** and usually I end up feeling even worse about myself if I say somthing back to people
dreamer18xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2011, 04:06 PM   #2
Slytherin_Prince
Banned

Name: Undisclosed
Default Re: Do you ever feel bad sticking up for yourself?

Look, sticking up for yourself is the only right thing to do.
If you don't, people will start walking all over you, and trust me, that hurts more.
But yes, it will still hurt a bit. Being bullied in whatever form is never pleasant.
But if you let it get to you, it'll destroy you.
So, keep sticking up for yourself, and it will inevitably get better.
However, sticking up for yourself doesn't mean being rude and mean at all.
It just means that you defend yourself. So, you should never feel bad about it.
If it does hurt them, so what. They asked for it.
But as you said, if you can prevent being mean or rude, do so.
Anyhow, I wish you the best of luck.

Most sincerely,
Robert.
Slytherin_Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2011, 04:13 PM   #3
Raven287287n

Raven287287n's Forum Picture

Name: Nick

No it's the right thing to do
Raven287287n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2011, 07:38 PM   #4
Thelizardqueen

Thelizardqueen's Forum Picture

Name: Sarah

that's a really good book haha, but yeah I feel bad, mainly because it's like saying "i don't deserve this" when i actually feel like i do, and i feel guilty saying anything good about myself.
That guy is an asshole, i know someone like that, who is awful to me and if i ever say anything back he uses it against me for YEARS and makes fun of me for it. With people like that, it's best to ignore them just to avoid that, but it doesn't mean you're wrong for doing it--you did absolutely nothing wrong. I'm sorry you have to deal with this bull.
Thelizardqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2011, 08:28 AM   #5
love is louder
Member++

love is louder's Forum Picture

Name: Kayleigh

Yea I feel bad. Like I think that I'm over reacting. Like its not that big o a deal and people will look at me funny if I do. But I am really good for sticking up for other people especially the ones that can't do it them selves. But I can't do it for my self. I couldn't read your whole post but is this the kind of thing you mean?

But when we turn out the lights its all the same darkness...
love is louder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 12:49 PM   #6
VeryWell
Member++

VeryWell's Forum Picture

Name: Linda

I never feel bad about it. When someone try pushing me around, I use my right to defend myself. I don't like it, of course, but giving in is not an option for me.
VeryWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 02:53 PM   #7
wattado
Member+

wattado's Forum Picture

Name: Chris

i feel bad about it lol
wattado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 09:14 PM   #8
Kronk

Name: Cory

I know exactly what your talking about, but from the other side.... 1/2 my boys are the cocky jocks your talking about-they piss me off sometimes and they go to far picking on kids so I end up having to stick up for them... Before I moved and got a new start this happened to me everyday and it is purely shit, their douches and well you can only ignore them or fight back, but you don't seem like the person to do that- so sooner you learn to deal with dicks the better

14-Straight as a squares sides-Football/Baseball/Lifting

Pm me if you wanna talk on here or anywhere about anything, I don't care if your gay bi lesbian straight guy or girl,if it comes down it it I'm here
Kronk is offline   Reply With Quote