Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 15th, 2011, 02:21 AM   #1
BrokenButterflies

BrokenButterflies's Forum Picture

Name: Becca
Question Average weight and health problems

Okay, I just wrote this huge long post and my computer threw me off right before I submitted it , so here's an abbreviated version.

I've been living of off an 750-800- cal diet (that sounds like so much to me ) for over three years. I've lost 100 lbs give or take a few pounds since this all started.

When I started "dieting", I was way overweight, and now I'm in the "ideal" range, with a BMI of 20.6.

So my question is, is it possible to have health problems stemming from an eating disorder while still in a "healthy" weight range?

I ask because I've been having some problems, (i.e. insomnia, irregular and slow heart beat, being cold etc.)

Help?

Yes, I'm a witch - Deal with it!
...And if you don't, I'll go voodoo on your ass!

Doing my best to piss off the religious right.

DeviantArt: EmoNightEmoDay
My Channel: CallMeMidnightAngel
BrokenButterflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2011, 06:02 AM   #2
Amaryllis
Awesome Poster

Amaryllis's Forum Picture

Name: Z
Default Re: Average weight and health problems

Of course it is, sweetheart. Your body is trying to survive with the -little- food you are giving it. Because the amount of food you're consuming really is very little. I suffered from insomnia as well and every day I stood on the edge of the cliff on one foot - I could've died any minute.

Honey, you need to realise that by eating so little, your body could collapse on itself at any time. Your heart could just stop pumping, your lungs could clench and you could just die of dehydration. The only reason why your weight hasn't dropped even further is because your body is trying -very hard- to survive. And you should be glad it is! Starvation is a very, very slow and painful way to go.

If your eating disorder continues on any longer than it already has - you will leave permanent, irreversible damage. I don't know how many years of my life I've snipped off and the absolute -pain- of living when you're underweight. I'm sure you've heard me say this before xD

Please, please get the help you so need. I'm just a girl on the internet, I can't help you if you're not willing to recover. Eating disorders are not the way to spend the rest of your life. Yes, I know, it's a hard habit to break. Before I -drastically- starved and exercised myself to death, I dieted all the time. Since... Lol, forever.

It's a horrid thing to live with for years and years and years. And the results are never worth it. Be brave, sweetheart. Beat this. You're stronger than your eating disorder. You can get through it and it'll be worth all of the fear you'll have to go through.

All the best, Becca.

"Never test the depth of water with both feet." - Some dude whose name I cannot remember
Amaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2011, 07:25 AM   #3
yambo

Default Re: Average weight and health problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenButterflies View Post
Okay, I just wrote this huge long post and my computer threw me off right before I submitted it , so here's an abbreviated version.

I've been living of off an 750-800- cal diet (that sounds like so much to me ) for over three years. I've lost 100 lbs give or take a few pounds since this all started.

When I started "dieting", I was way overweight, and now I'm in the "ideal" range, with a BMI of 20.6.

[COLOR="Red"]So my question is, is it possible to have health problems stemming from an eating disorder while still in a "healthy" weight range?

I ask because I've been having some problems, (i.e. insomnia, irregular and slow heart beat, being cold etc.)

Help?
I'm not sure you can answer this question alone and handle the problem by yourself. you should see a doctor. I'm saying this because I had an overweight friend who try to overcome the problem himself and he ended up with side effects because he did not loose weith gradually. Take care

Last edited by yambo; December 15th, 2011 at 07:28 AM.
yambo is offline   Reply With Quote