Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 3rd, 2011, 04:10 PM   #1
Megson
Member++

Megson's Forum Picture

Name: Megan
Default All it took was one day

One day. One decision. "I'm going on a diet."

It wasn't a diet, really. I just decided I wouldn't eat. It was after 6th grade. I'd moved to a new place in 5th grade. The people here treated me differently than at my old school. They told me I was fat.

The last day of 6th grade, I decided to do something about it. I made a new 'end of the school year' resolution. I would lose weight. And so I did. I followed through with what I said. I stopped eating almost all together. All I ever ate was what my mother cooked for dinner, and I made sure to keep it at a very meager helping. It went on for a year and a half, maybe two years.

But I literally decided that in ONE day. That last day of school was the day I chose not to eat.

I'm 'back on track' now. But I want it back. I want to be thin.
Megson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2011, 05:23 PM   #2
Carlyle
Great Poster

Carlyle's Forum Picture

Name: Austin
Default Re: All it took was one day

Megan, we all want something about us to change, but there are ways you shouldn't do it. Starving yourself deprives your body of the nutrients it needs and once you finally start to eat again or eat more, you juts regain all the weight you lost. A proper diet and exercise is a healthier alternative, even though the results will take a little while to show. Just hang in there, you can do it, it just takes time.
Carlyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2011, 05:26 PM   #3
StoppingTime
Retired Administrator

StoppingTime's Forum Picture

Name: Steven
Default Re: All it took was one day

You don't need that. Like Austin said, there are plenty of things in life we all think we need, but in reality, will do more harm to us than we can imagine. This is a perfect example. What will another ED do? Will it make you feel better about yourself? I think you don't need to worry about what they are saying, because they are wrong. You know that, you're stronger than that. I know you are.

You can do it. I know it. You'll get through this, I promise.

Mikey was here

Elysium was here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlerchan
WILL HOUSING CRISIS CAUSED BY COMMIE HOMOSEXUALIST-ABORTIONIST MARXIST IMMIGRANTS AND WELFARE CHEATS FROM RACIST ANTI-BRITISH EU CAUSE TB RATE FROM VACCINES TO RISE?!
StoppingTime is offline   Reply With Quote