Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old November 28th, 2011, 04:50 PM   #1
beebs
Member+

beebs's Forum Picture

Name: Laura
Default mums stopping me from eating.. well binging..

so ive never been diagnosed with anything blah blah blah

but my mums just told me too stop eating all the crisps a.k.a my binge food.

i should probually stop cos they only end up being purged into the school toilets, but without doing this ill go mad. i shouldnt be forced to stop should i? i wont be able to go without purging, ill end up stealing food.

what can i do?
beebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2011, 01:27 AM   #2
Amaryllis
Awesome Poster

Amaryllis's Forum Picture

Name: Z
Default Re: mums stopping me from eating.. well binging..

You know, a study was made on a several people. They put one marshmallow in front of each person and said "If you don't eat this marshmallow during these 30 minutes, you'll get an entire plate of them." The majority of these 8 year olds ate the marshmallows.

When you tell someone -not- to do something, all you'll be doing is making them want it even more. Why did Eve eat the forbidden apple? Because it was forbidden. Why do we always want what we can't have? Because we can't have it.

I say tell your mum you're young and you're making use of your youthful metabolism while you have it. Eat whatever you want, do it with some degree of moderation and you'll be fine.

As for purging, you really shouldn't. Why are you? Because you feel as if you're fat? Truth is your personality does outshine your appearance to some extent. You could be a gorgeous, slim, "perfect" girl with the heart of tin. Or you could be the slightly chubby but absolutely golden, smiley girl. Purging doesn't really do much, anyway.

Good luck, sweetie!

Love,
Amaryllis

"Never test the depth of water with both feet." - Some dude whose name I cannot remember
Amaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2011, 12:08 AM   #3
screamtobeheard
Great Poster

screamtobeheard's Forum Picture

Name: Amanda
Default Re: mums stopping me from eating.. well binging..

I feel slightly differently than Amaryllis on this. If the food is causing you to purge, you shouldn't consume it. I'm not saying starve yourself (so I don't come across the wrong way), I just think that you should eat the food in moderation. No, I don't think your mother is right to force this change upon you. Your habits can't be truly changed unless you want them to be. However, purging is incredibly dangerous and (believe me, I know) so hard to stop. I think it might be a good idea to try to listen to your mom on this one. Binging and purging can be signs of eating disorders, and you never want to go down that road.
screamtobeheard is offline   Reply With Quote