Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old November 17th, 2009, 06:01 PM   #1
1_21Guns
Val's bitch. ;)

1_21Guns's Forum Picture

Name: Natalie
Question is this a form of emotional abuse?

Is my mum conincing me i'm delusional, mocking me for my newly developed stutter and then just generally insisting i'm crazy a form of emotional abuse? Or am I just being stupid.

Old November 17th, 2009, 06:04 PM   #2
Quick_Sylver
I Am Who Was

Quick_Sylver's Forum Picture

Name: Niko/Sylver
Default Re: is this a form of emotional abuse?

I think it is, but I'm not sure.

Thank you Siobhan <3
Connor: We're not mean, you're just Canadian.
~Kyle Was Here, and Was Awesome~
Old November 17th, 2009, 06:18 PM   #3
Eclipse

Yes it is, if it hurt your feelings.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 10:06 AM   #4
overcome.
Nice Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenObsession View Post
Is my mum conincing me i'm delusional, mocking me for my newly developed stutter and then just generally insisting i'm crazy a form of emotional abuse? Or am I just being stupid.
That's really not supportive. I mean, if you're experiencing problems she surely should do her best as your Mum to help you by doing anything she can - e.g. talking about things, comforting, etc. I'm sorry to hear this. Sometimes people try to make light of things though by making a joke of it to make it seem less of a problem, however I don't think this is the case, but I don't know how she would mean things. People also sometimes don't realise how their little comments can go a long way and offend somebody. Seeing as she's your parent though, she should understand this.

There are many kinds of abuse and emotional is one of the worst easily, because some mental scars can never heal. If she's making you feel this way, then talk to her about it. Even if you have to bring her to reality by really telling her bluntly how you feel. I'd say don't make a mountain out of a molehill, but if she's mocking you then talk to her about it.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 11:31 AM   #5
Triceratops
VT Lover

In all fairness, none of us here know the exact situation. You could be overreacting or being sensitive over the remarks and taking it the wrong way, which I'm not attacking you for in the slightest because some people who have been through a lot of previous struggles can't help but take the littlest of things to heart or possibly over-exaggerate them to be worse in your head - myself included.

But by the sounds of it, she sounds like she lacks understanding and needs to be more supportive. I think you need to tell her that she should be much more careful with what she's saying because they're only causing hurt and upset to you. To be honest, if she's corrected in her ways then she'll be aware of how her actions may have caused offense. She should then know not to use those words so loosely and make sure that what she's saying isn't coming across as strongly as it happens to be.

"I can't judge any of you. I have no malice against you and no ribbons for you. But I think that it is high time that you all start looking at yourselves, and judging the lie that you live in." ~ Charles Manson
Old November 23rd, 2009, 11:43 AM   #6
1_21Guns
Val's bitch. ;)

1_21Guns's Forum Picture

Name: Natalie

thanks guys, and Marcie, I guess your probably right, I have a tenancy to take alot of things to heart. Its just the way she wont drop it, and I tell her to stop saying it because I don't like her saying it but she just wont listen to me. She does the same thing with what my dad used to call me, he'd call me 'numb' over and over. She still does it now, I told her and told her over and over that I dont like it, I even snapped a few times. But she still won't stop...

Old November 24th, 2011, 04:43 AM   #7
libra210

libra210's Forum Picture

Name: E-SIGHHH

I think it is
Old November 27th, 2011, 07:45 AM   #8
Donkey
Retired Administrator

Donkey's Forum Picture

Name: Jon

Please don't bump old threads.

Closed Thread