Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old June 4th, 2011, 12:55 PM   #41
Deleted User
Legendary Member

Default Re: just had the belt, worst thing ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle95 View Post
First mate, know your rights. They are obligated to provide you with the necessities of life, access to education and protection from harm. They have crossed the line. The morgues are full of abuse cases. I would mention this to a trusted teacher. If it continues, high tail it to the Police. They have no right to physically harm you. Take a pic of your bruises and show it to your teacher and Police. I think they're getting out of hand and like you say, it's very creepy to coldly do that to you just when you expected the worse to be over. Don't be conditioned into accepting abuse - kids have rights and parents can be charged for abuse. If the option is always there to strike you, hugs or no hugs, I'd want out of that family - they've got serious anger issues they need treatment for.
Kids have rights but those rights can be taken away. He could have seriously hurt his brother. That is a time when punishment is necessary. No parent needs treatment for "anger issues" for discipline. If they did, at least 80% of parents would. They did it ONCE in the time span of a year. How is that out of hand? My mum would spank me for being mouthy let alone physical violence dozens of times. This guy deserved it as much as I did.

The police won't do anything, I can guarantee it. And if they do make the mistake to label this abuse, does the OP really want to go through a family investigation, have the possibility of being placed in a foster system where no one cares, seriously hurt his parents, just because he didn't like that his parents care enough to actually punish him rather than just ignoring his existence like some parents do, or beating him to a pulp which actually is abuse? I'm sorry if it's harsh but that's life.

Last edited by Deleted User; June 4th, 2011 at 12:59 PM.
Deleted User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 01:25 PM   #42
Hershey's Kisses
Junior Member+

Name: Kara

how many times do I have to say it ? It's not abuse . Do you honestly think the cops are going arrest his parents for hitting him once with a belt ? You need to learn what abuse is because your calling anything but patting your kid on the head abuse. Obviously your parents have never taught you right from wrong . Do you think it would be fair to take him out of the family even if he's not abused??

Last edited by Hershey's Kisses; June 4th, 2011 at 01:33 PM.
Hershey's Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 02:37 PM   #43
Quick_Sylver
I Am Who Was

Quick_Sylver's Forum Picture

Name: Niko/Sylver

Right.

There's abuse, then there's discipline.
This was discipline. I am not a supporter of corporeal punishment.

You counted how many smacks with the belt there were? Were there imprints of the belt on your legs? Did you bleed from them? If not, its not abuse.

In my opinion, you deserved it a 110%. YOU abused your little brother, so you got punished. Suck it up cupcake.

Thank you Siobhan <3
Connor: We're not mean, you're just Canadian.
~Kyle Was Here, and Was Awesome~
Quick_Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 02:45 PM   #44
Sith Lord 13
The Force

Sith Lord 13's Forum Picture

Name: Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliza View Post
There's abuse, then there's discipline.
This was discipline. I am not a supporter of corporeal punishment.
This. When there starts being blood drawn, or it's happening multiple times a day for no reason, then it might be abuse, but at this point it's still discipline.

If you ever need to talk, you can PM me. I can't promise I'll solve your problem but I'll do my best to help.
"You're all clear kid. Now let's blow this thing and go home!" - Han Solo
Awesome People: Country-Cowgirl, Goose, RodeoGirl, Maliza, ShatteredWings Thanks to Kaius for the awesome sig.
Puppy <3 Kitty
http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab93/Kaius10/Alex-1.png
~Kyle Was Here, and Was Awesome~
Sith Lord 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2011, 04:36 AM   #45
jacknort

Hey guys, thanks for your help. Like after i got the belt you could see really red marks across my legs but theve gone now. What sucked was getting like all the front of my legs hit which is bad then my dad was like I want to have a look at the back! bare butt is better than bare legs for sure
jacknort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2011, 02:48 PM   #46
ItStOuGhEnOuGh4Us
Banned

Name: Zachary

I know this is difficult for you to hear, however it is not beating! You were disciplined. I agree with many of the posts here. There is a HUGE difference between the two. Today many kids our age want to think that discipline is Abuse! Why> Well because we cant fathom the thought of getting disciplined, or having a belt used on us. Well I guess I am in the minority, because I feel it more parents disciplined their children, then perhaps teenage crimes, and bad behavior and disrespect wouldn't be so bad! Too many people won't take responsibility for their actions.
ItStOuGhEnOuGh4Us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2011, 04:16 PM   #47
Jordan W.K. White
Member++

Jordan W.K. White's Forum Picture

Name: Jordan

No offense to anyone however this thread is not about you, don't post saying "your lucky i got it worse" or something as such, this is his thread to seek advise and someone to talk about not to be compared so if your going to compare him don't post as that is not what he is asking for.

Your actions inspire others to do the same, whether they are the right actions is up to you. Do as you see and see as you do.
Jordan W.K. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2011, 07:31 AM   #48
LifeisLife
Member++

LifeisLife's Forum Picture

Name: Pim

I dont find this dicipline. If this would happen to me, I would go to the police with this, tell school or find help from a councelor or shrink.
LifeisLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2011, 11:29 PM   #49
northskater110
Awesome Poster

northskater110's Forum Picture

Their actions weren't justifiable. I would talk to someone at your school about it, and they will take it from there. Chin up man, it will get better.

~grant
northskater110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 10:33 PM   #50
Hershey's Kisses
Junior Member+

Name: Kara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItStOuGhEnOuGh4Us View Post
I know this is difficult for you to hear, however it is not beating! You were disciplined. I agree with many of the posts here. There is a HUGE difference between the two. Today many kids our age want to think that discipline is Abuse! Why> Well because we cant fathom the thought of getting disciplined, or having a belt used on us. Well I guess I am in the minority, because I feel it more parents disciplined their children, then perhaps teenage crimes, and bad behavior and disrespect wouldn't be so bad! Too many people won't take responsibility for their actions.
I agree with you completely !9
Hershey's Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2011, 04:28 AM   #51
joeyjorulz
Banned

Name: Joanne

I also agree with you Kara.

To the boy concerned...
Take the punishment from your parents. They love you and are doing what they
consider to be the best.
joeyjorulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2011, 02:26 AM   #52
houdeka

Name: Andrew

Quit crying. I used to get a punishment where I had to walk outside and clip a branch off a tree that would be used to swat my butt. If it was too small you'd get twice the punishment and my father would walk outside and get one himself. You didn't want my dad to have to get a branch himself.
houdeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2011, 12:27 AM   #53
curiouse97

somtimes you need to stop and think. what would you have done if your bro wold have gotten sever head enjery from that. he could be in a coma. your lucky. a few swats and a day or so of pain is a small price to pay.bet next time you will thinkl about it right?
curiouse97 is offline   Reply With Quote