Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old November 3rd, 2011, 02:25 PM   #1
Nevermore
Nice Poster

Nevermore's Forum Picture

Name: Sammy <3
Default Getting help

Hello everyone, guess who's back.
Anyways I'm getting help for my schizophrenia and being officially diagnosed. FINALLY! My current help since the summer was at this Eating Disorder clinic. I continued outpatient, and my psychiatrist was a drug lover. What still not okay? Well! you're in luck! I'll give you drugs and increase your old ones, and put you on more!!!! Needless to say after being on 7 pills worth of shit that didn't help my parents were fed up. Especially after they didn't listen to my problems. I wanted help for Shadows and Demon the people who've been haunting me since I can remember. So I'm getting a new psychiatrist and psychologist that specializes in Schizophrenia and Multiple Personailty Disorder. Also getting help for that.
My parents were talking about me skipping a semester or two because there is this hospital, they called it treatment center. It specializes in that, and well apparently, from what my parents say schizophrenia can be cured at a young age with intensive treatment. Now, from my understanding of reading schizophrenia can't be cured but you can learn with ways to cope and medication can significantly lessen hallucinations. Is this true? Is this even possible? I didn't think there was a cure? Is there? Should I get excited and try this out?

Charlie Girl and Ichigo are my Wiccan sisers
Animal Luverrr is my lil sis <3
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2011, 07:49 PM   #2
Love.Hate
Carpe Diem

Name: Fran
Default Re: Getting help

Well I'm glad you got diagnosed, welcome back!

Now I'm not an expert on schizophrenia but from what I know it's something you learn to deal with over time, you learn how to control with the correct therapy/medication.

Then again, anything is worth a try I guess.. You might find it helps, even if it's only for a short period.. At least your not haunted by them as much. I would try it, but don't get your hopes up at the first sign of success.

Hope it all goes well, and you know where I am if you need anyone

Don't let anybody ever bring you down.
Love.Hate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2011, 03:08 PM   #3
Nevermore
Nice Poster

Nevermore's Forum Picture

Name: Sammy <3

Thanks Fran <3 Yeah, I'm hoping on getting more information before I decide, because I don't' want to go if it doesn't work, and if it well will be a long time I'm away.

Charlie Girl and Ichigo are my Wiccan sisers
Animal Luverrr is my lil sis <3
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2011, 09:09 PM   #4
Syvelocin
Ocean Soul

Syvelocin's Forum Picture

Name: Rith

Oh god, I wish I could get a diagnosis. My psychologist just doesn't want to diagnose me. She's concerned I may have it but she doesn't want to really look into it and is fine to just assume I'm bipolar because of the heredity with my mum being bipolar, but she treats me like I'm schizophrenic anyway so... whatever. I don't think I really want to be considered schizophrenic instead of bipolar anyway (I don't know, I treat my mental illnesses like a collection, do I really want to trade this piece of my collection that I've had for all these years for this other one? Lol, that sounds really mental). It only really matters if you're interested in medication I'm told. Even though the hospitals like to put me on one of everything, anxiety meds, anti-depressants, mood stabilizers, anti-psychotics.

Anyway. Therapy, meds, such and such. Though I opt to not be medicated for anything, my psychologist tells me about when she used to work in a hospital, and she said there was a doctor who paid the schizophrenic patients to do yard work for him and their progress just from that was phenomenal. So my psychologist preaches exercise and getting outside. So I go for a walk every night, makes me feel great. As well, she tells me to get your vitamins. From her own experience, she feels very flighty and fragile when she doesn't take her B vitamins, so she takes a supplement and feels better. I'm bad with remembering to do that stuff, but even though I can't recommend it to help it can't hurt to take a multi-vitamin daily, so that's something I'll pass on to you.

But yeah, not necessarily cured, but often after a long time working on it the symptoms will go away. Not in everyone though. Some patients can be gradually weaned of the medications and be fine without them while others simply need the medications and without them their symptoms will come back. It's not really like cancer that typically, unless treated, it will always be there. Mental illnesses don't quite work like that. They can be there for some time and disappear and reappear, escalate and diminish.

And I'm sorry I didn't build your walls. And I'm sorry I had to go and fall.
And I'm sorry I had the whole thing wrong. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
And I'm sorry that you are feeling small. And I'm sorry that I'm not used to crawling.
And I'm sorry the writing's on the wall. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.

Last edited by Syvelocin; November 8th, 2011 at 09:15 PM.
Syvelocin is offline   Reply With Quote