Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old October 30th, 2011, 03:27 AM   #1
white elephant

Default Do I have schizophrenia?

Well.. I know you can't give a real answer if I have it or not. I do nothing really in the day time, I am not depressed, though I smoke marijuana too and people sometimes can't understand my speech, normally it is pretty short. I don't feel the need to socialize, I am getting an irritable temper just starting recently really. But socialization hasn't been ever too good, I was quite and a loner.

Oh and also if I started talking about something that I would cry before at now I would laugh.
white elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2011, 04:53 PM   #2
cmdexe

Default Re: Do I have schizophrenia?

Maybe you're a bit antisocial and your sense of humour has changed but that doesn't mean you have schizophrenia at all. I wouldn't worry about it. Speak to a professional if you are worried about it, I guess.
cmdexe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2011, 04:57 PM   #3
AlexTorkin

AlexTorkin's Forum Picture

Name: Alex

It doesn't really sound like schizophrenia to me.
AlexTorkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2011, 06:41 PM   #4
white elephant

Oh yeah and I forgot to mention some things. I have heard my dead relatives talk to me and other peoples' thoughts. I don't see a desire to really be social, I prefer solitude I guess.
white elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2011, 01:11 AM   #5
Josiah7
Member++

Josiah7's Forum Picture

Name: Josiah

No one here can say at all. Schizophrenia can not even be diagnosed by a normal doctor, but is diagnosed by a psychiatrist. If you have concerns you should speak to your parents, and then follow it on from there.

Note ive done alot of study on mental health and its unlikely that you do. It is common for young people to experience changes or wired things happening during teenage years in regards to moods and behavior.

"Air Goes in and out, Blood goes around and around - Any variation to that is a bad thing"

Advanced First Aider - Sports Medic/Trainer

ALL ADVICE GIVEN IS FROM STUDY AND EXPERIENCE AND IS NO REPLACMENT FOR MEDICAL HELP AND ADVICE FROM A HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL.
Josiah7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2011, 03:20 AM   #6
Unique Physique

Unique Physique's Forum Picture

Only a qualified psychiatrist can diagnose and treat you for schizophrenia, and they base their diagnosis on an educated opinion on not only what you tell them, but the way you present yourself in person, what family/other healthcare professionals may say, so it's really a stab in a dark to try and diagnose you online. Especially on those surveys which diagnose practically everyone with every mental disorder around.

In my opinion from what I know about schizophrenia and knowing someone who is schizophrenia semi-personally, it's a psychotic illness where the person has little-no insight on their condition. The fact you're able to differentiate reality from your imagination means you most likely don't have it, you certainly do not sound psychotic. Hearing voices doesn't always mean you're psychotic. Sometimes if you're grieving, extremely tired or really depressed you can hear voices.

~ Don't tell me the sky's the limit, with footprints on the moon.
Unique Physique is offline   Reply With Quote