Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old October 8th, 2011, 12:29 AM   #1
XxArcAngelxX
Junior Member+

Name: Alex
Post Am i OCD?

So im not sure if im ocd and i want to get some opinions before i talk to my psychologist.

So my first one is ever since i was a kid when i was in the car i would close and shut my jaw when passing lights its hard to explain. like i would have my mouth shut then i would open it when i passed a lamppost. like id keep my lips shut though. i hope that makes sense.

okay so second i touch things alot. like railings when i walk past them. and pillars of trees i do it even when im not thinking aboutit. though i don't always do it cause i usually walk in the middle. but when im close ill do it. also when im in the store i touch items sometimes when i walk past.

So the third is that i hate people touching my stuff like i get pissed. no one can touch it just me. i am trying to clean my room up cuz when i was a kid i didnt clean it. but now i close my eyes till i get in bed cause it makes me anxious

so those are my 3 things. also i have depression and social anxiety. okay well thanks for reading =p
XxArcAngelxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2011, 07:33 AM   #2
georgiamay
Awesome Poster

georgiamay's Forum Picture

Name: Georgia
Default Re: Am i OCD?

Asking us if you have OCD isn't going to get you any answers, none of us here can give you a diagnosis.

From what you've said it does sound like you have a lot of anxiety, but that could just be because of your social anxiety, but it's just coming through in other ways as well as socially.

I'd say you should definitely talk to your psychologist about this, even if it isnt OCD, it could be another form of anxiety, like GAD which explains it. You haven't mentioned having obsessional thoughts, which is a massive part of OCD. Either way, talk to your psychologist, they'll be able to help you even if it isn't a disorder.
georgiamay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2011, 09:41 PM   #3
kylenike
Junior Member+

Name: Kyle
Default Re: Am i OCD?

It sounds like you have add except for the last part, but who likes people coming in their place on living and touching all their shit.
kylenike is offline   Reply With Quote