Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old April 24th, 2011, 11:38 PM   #1
Blake1994

Blake1994's Forum Picture

Name: Blake
Unhappy I am so stressed out lately...

I don't even know if I'm putting this in the right section, sorry if it's not in the right place.

I am so stressed out lately. I feel so overwhelmed with everything. I have so many commitments its not even funny. I'm only a Sophomore (10th Grade), and I've got NJROTC, Baseball, and Wrestling right now. I also have so much homework all the time. I'm in honors classes mostly and an A student, so the work is a lot more intense. On top of that I volunteer at our local library on the weekends. I am also trying to get into the US Naval Academy when I graduate, and the process starts early. I am so overwhelmed that lately I have been getting bad headaches because I can't concentrate on everything. I am so scared that my grades are going to get messed up because of everything.

I feel so pressured all the time, especially by my Dad, he expects me to excel constantly in sports and ROTC, and I can't handle it anymore. I don't wanna disappoint my Dad, but I can't handle this much more. I want to get into the Naval Academy so bad, and I can't risk losing the chance of possibly getting in. Lately, I have been crying myself to sleep because I am so stressed out. Like even when I'm in my room doing homework, I just start breaking down crying because I feel so stressed. My mom tells me just to breathe and focus on one thing at a time, but its not that easy. All my Dad cares about is that I do well in sports and all my Mom cares about is that I do well academically. On top of all this I've got Football coming up soon as well. My Dad expects me to do well in Football. If you know Texas at all, you might know that High School Football comes before anything usually. I also play part time on a hockey league, but I'm probably not going to register for the next season. I am so overwhelmed about everything.

I have tried telling my mom and dad and they don't listen, they just say try harder. My teachers and coaches think I'm overreacting most of the time. On top of all this too, I constantly have girls and sex on my mind and it is just too much. I don't know how much more I can take. I am so stressed out and worried lately constantly. I'm an only child so it makes my parents expect so much out of me. I can't handle it much longer. I can't focus in school and I'm getting worried. Do y'all think this could be severe anxiety or something, or am I overreacting? My buddies don't usually understand either sometimes. I feel so pressured all the time. I'm sorry I vented out, but I am so stressed out. I'm tired of always crying from the stupid stress and pressure I'm under all the time with all the commitments I've got. If y'all got any suggestions or advice or anything I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

BLAKE

DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS!

Last edited by Blake1994; April 25th, 2011 at 12:06 AM.
Blake1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2011, 05:59 PM   #2
Conch

Name: Caleb
Default Re: I am so stressed out lately...

Put on your foot down on what you wanted to achieve and not what your parent want. Tell your parent that You are stress out and Will not continue with the current layout, If they really value your success in academic and sport then they must make a change that you'll approve of or else will have to drag you to whatever class they want, with the risk of you failing all of it. Be sure to keep your words, don't give in because you're afraid of having bad grades (there's more to life than a spotless academic and athletic record).

For a shinning resume for the US Naval Academy you will need a top academic record (A's), NJROTC, Community service, and a recommendation from your state Representative/Senator.
Anything else that's added to your schedule should be something you wanted to do, eliminate the 3 sports (baseball, wrestling, or football) and keep one or two if you can handle it.

Once you have lessen your loads, try to enjoy life as it is. Remember to get some sleep and enjoy social hours with friends and girls. Experience the process of growing up and being an adult.

P.S. I know others whose parent are like your and the consequence was not pretty. They rebel and headed in the wrong direction because all their life their parent has been pushing them to the point that they no longer care for achieving success so their grade gone bad and their reality darken.

Hope you the very best in life and achieve great success.
Conch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2011, 03:52 PM   #3
slappy
Banned

All u need to do is breath
I know it may sound stupid, just take some time to yourself like five minutes with no phone or anything and just relax and think about how u are going to solve your problems.
slappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2011, 04:16 PM   #4
Blake1994

Blake1994's Forum Picture

Name: Blake

Quote:
Originally Posted by bord View Post
All u need to do is breath
I know it may sound stupid, just take some time to yourself like five minutes with no phone or anything and just relax and think about how u are going to solve your problems.
Nah I don't think it sounds stupid at all man. Yeah, I should prolly give what you suggested a try. We'll see if it helps haha.

BLAKE

DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS!
Blake1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 09:00 PM   #5
Tristan7
Junior Member+

Tristan7's Forum Picture

Name: Tristan

I also think you should just stick to one or two sports, it will take some stress away. My parents never really pressure/pressured me with sports but my best friend's dad always does, during middle school he was always watching the practices and stuff. Let your parents know that you feel pressured and stressed out by them, most of the time parents over pressure their kids because they want them to be successful.
Tristan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 10:39 PM   #6
steve14
Banned

Name: Anthony James

bro, just take it step by step... you will work your way through it. trust me, it will be okay.
steve14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 10:42 PM   #7
christcenteredlife
Banned

Name: kai

wow that's alot! i'm also in jrotc (at the local public school), and sports, i'm also in all ap classes. the only difference is, i go to a private school and i'm 14 and a senior. my foster parents don't push me like your parents and i'm happy about that!
christcenteredlife is offline   Reply With Quote