Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old August 4th, 2011, 12:18 PM   #1
goodguy123
Banned

Default Anxiety disorder need extreme help as soon as possible please be generous

Hello all of my fellow readers! Let me give you all some input about my situation. I am from the states ( Florida) lived there for 9 years till my 18 year of life. At the age of 18 I moved out actually I went abroad to study Pharmacy in Hungary, eastern Europe. This is how my anxiety disorder started before this while living in the states with my family I felt highly secure and never had anxious feelings or racing thoughts/ Jittery mind. Well when I lived in Hungary for half a year I was good had a very good mood never felt jittery studied very good I was actually one of the best in the program second semester of first year though I became highly anxious after a break-up with a girl, the anxiety was seemingly uncontrollable but then I had a family member visit me and I started to feel better I am also I am a very talkative person and I was swimming, working out and my anxiety subsided over the summer when I was in the states, Then I went back to University and within 2 and a half months the anxiety came on again. It seems drinking is a trigger for me, The anxiety it effected me physically too and I came ill with Bronchitis and I was phlegmatic for over half a year.This is all while studying Pharmacy and I failed one course but still passed my other courses. It seems I am having a hard time copping with being abroad because when I am at home in the states or in other areas of Europe with family members or when I travel around Europe my anxiety subsides but when I am in University studying there my anxiety always gets me I have a hard time coping and living in Hungary.
Anxiety is unbearable and it reduces the quality of my life, Anybody have any suggestions how to deal with anxiety a method????? no medication natural ways.
goodguy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2011, 12:33 PM   #2
goodguy123
Banned

Default Re: Anxiety disorder need extreme help as soon as possible please be generous

What are some effective ways to deal with Anxiety on your own? ??? I am not anxious now but certain situations as stated before living in a certain place, studying there and such I start to feel overwhelmed and anxiety develops! it sucks ass, I am usually not an anxious individual but now it happened. When I am away from my problems such as with Family or traveling anxiety leaves me but when I face my problems anxiety develops and I feel overwhelmed and restless. Please anybody with knowledge on a Natural method to deal with anxiety let me know!! I am more or so dealing with living in a foreign country, different language and being away from family and this contributes to my anxious feelings but I need to be here due to studies !!!!!
Old August 5th, 2011, 10:39 AM   #3
Iris
Awesome Poster

Iris's Forum Picture

Default Re: Anxiety disorder need extreme help as soon as possible please be generous

You probably have some latent fears of abandonment or something, and only feel secure when the people you love are around you. If the anxiety gets so bad that you start failing all your classes then maybe switch Universities. There are plenty of good ones here in the US. Besides this I think you should go talk to a psychologist about what you're feeling. He/she can help you address your fears, and give you ways to tackle them. That would be the best option, in my opinion. I don't think you're qualified enough to be able to discover the most effective way to deal with your anxiety on your own.
Iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2011, 02:11 PM   #4
judahtics
Banned

Name: judah

breathing methods! those are great and can be done anywhere. it is controlled breathing. you can google it. my doctor has me do them when i get super anxious in public. there are several different ones that help in several didn't ways for several different reasons. that would be my suggestion if you are against meds. also, try meditation in the mornings. it doesn't have to be "religious" meditation, simply a time to calm your mind from all the chaos going on around you.
judahtics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2011, 04:21 PM   #5
goodguy123
Banned

thank you the both of you, I don't know if I am able to transfer Universities now though it is a little late as I have studied there for 2 years my first year was better, second year was a bit catastrophic. Yes I have issues with homesickness and fear of seperation. I was never the one who had problems with excessive anxiety or worry but the interesting thing is that I can trace back when the worry started it started before I started University but then I was only slightly worried about what I would do with my life or where I would study but it was the type of worry that steered on motivation and where I was still functional. I was never the very anxious type but then when I moved out this anxiety developed but as stated earlier I am not always anxious only when without family. Anxiety is catastrophical it made me a non-functional human being and it also effected my body such as my immune system etc. I got quite sick with bronchitis this past year. Yea I never dealt with homesickness before , When I am at Uni its not like I can I visit my family once a month I can only see them once every six months. Yes I will visit a psychologist and discuss my fears besides that ,are there perhaps any things I can do on my own for homesickness and fear of abondenment?
Old August 8th, 2011, 08:37 PM   #6
flumeendeavors

flumeendeavors's Forum Picture

Name: Brooke

Well my friend. I know you dont want medication but i honestly think that it could possibly be something that could do you a lot of good. I used to absolutely refuse and hate the idea of having to take medication but it really helped me. But other than that, i would say that maybe you need to take a transfer program somewhere else. I think that a major part of your anxiety is what happened with your ex girlfriend. You get anxious in Hungary because thats where your heart got broken. I would say to try therapy and medication first and if you dont want to go through with that or it doesnt work for you then find a transfer program. Maybe you could move back to the States or if you still like the idea of being abroad maybe then you could find a good college or university somewhere else in Europe. There are plenty of options and it will definitely take some time to figure out what you want to do but take the time. It'll get better, i promise.

Swim for the music that saves you, even when you're not so sure you'll survive. -Jack's Mannequin

http://www.flumeendeavors.tumblr.com

Brooke:.
flumeendeavors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2011, 07:58 AM   #7
DeadSpace
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by judahtics View Post
breathing methods! those are great and can be done anywhere. it is controlled breathing.
Breathing methods are not great.
Yes, they can be done anywhere but will they work? Some people can't control it by breathing.
DeadSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2011, 01:47 PM   #8
goodguy123
Banned

yea true breathing methods are good for somethings but my anxiety is highly mental and just physical in the sense that my muscles tense, but mental in the sense that I worry, that my thoughts race that I feel derealization and paranoia at times.
Old August 11th, 2011, 02:06 PM   #9
judahtics
Banned

Name: judah

breathing methods can really help. if done correctly, they can help calm racing thoughts too. when you slow down your breathing, which brings up your heart rate, it's easier to clam your thoughts also. cleansing breathes are really great for this. i use several methods to get through my life. i take medications for autism/tourettes, but breathing methods on top of this are a huge help when the anxiety gets highly overwhelming. either way, it's worth a try.

cleansing breathes:

1. breathe in through nose to completely fill your lungs.

2. hold it for 5 seconds.

3. breathe out completely through mouth.

4. repeat 1-3, 10 times.

if needed repeat again.
judahtics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2011, 12:10 PM   #10
bambino
Member++

bambino's Forum Picture

Name: Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingperfection View Post
Well my friend. I know you dont want medication but i honestly think that it could possibly be something that could do you a lot of good. I used to absolutely refuse and hate the idea of having to take medication but it really helped me.
agreed ^
medication can really help
bambino is offline   Reply With Quote