Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old June 28th, 2011, 11:07 AM   #1
butty_92
Member+

Name: Ben
Default Anxiety

I've been suffering from anxiety over my heart since March last year. It cames after my friend died in his sleep at the age of just 16 of SADS. Basically, it has been the struggle to get over it and the belief it will happen to me. ECG after ECG has been done but I simply can't get over it.

I constantly have panic attacks where I feel dizzy and go numb and worry almost dailly about my heart. I have this obsession in looking up symptoms of heart conditions on websites, reading stories of young people that have died et... Can anyone offer me some advise please?
butty_92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2011, 11:56 AM   #2
wyatt

wyatt's Forum Picture

Name: Wyatt
Default Re: Anxiety

I'm sorry Ben, but, the only thing i can think of is to talk to a psychologist (not psychiatrist) and they can help you. I apologize that all i can think of is that
-W
wyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2011, 04:27 PM   #3
butty_92
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyatt View Post
I'm sorry Ben, but, the only thing i can think of is to talk to a psychologist (not psychiatrist) and they can help you. I apologize that all i can think of is that
-W
Yes, CBT will certainly be considered. Thank you.
Old June 29th, 2011, 05:22 PM   #4
Sith Lord 13
The Force

Sith Lord 13's Forum Picture

Name: Alex

Find ways to relax and things to take your mind off of the anxiety. Carry around a music player and listen to music when the anxiety hits.

If you ever need to talk, you can PM me. I can't promise I'll solve your problem but I'll do my best to help.
"You're all clear kid. Now let's blow this thing and go home!" - Han Solo
Awesome People: Country-Cowgirl, Goose, RodeoGirl, Maliza, ShatteredWings Thanks to Kaius for the awesome sig.
Puppy <3 Kitty
http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab93/Kaius10/Alex-1.png
~Kyle Was Here, and Was Awesome~
Sith Lord 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2011, 07:24 PM   #5
Love.Hate
Carpe Diem

Name: Fran

What everyone else has said, but i would also reccomend you not reasearching different heart problems because that will make you worry more, and you dont need the extra anxiety. Im sorry to hear about your friend, but you have to realise how small the chances of that happening to you are. I would look into CBT because i know it helped me deal with my anxiety a bit

Don't let anybody ever bring you down.
Love.Hate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2011, 06:03 PM   #6
butty_92
Member+

Thanks to everyone for their advice.

x
Old July 8th, 2011, 03:46 PM   #7
RockstarRocks
Junior Member+

I have axziety to it sucks. I have to go to sleep at 9pm and get up at 5am or axziety happens. My mom has to sleep with me or axziety happens. I always think I'm dieing resently I was at doctors thinkin I had cancer Turns out I made my own head sore from pushing on It trying to find cancer that I never had. I lay around depressed thinkin I'm dieing when I'm not. I get rid of one worry and have another worry. I always tell my mom I work so hard to get my sleep I plan everything I say just to get it. I tell my mom u said that wrong now they will bug us at 9 when I sleep. My sister is pregnant and Im worried over sleep when It happens. I am exsited to see the baby and Ill be there for her. I worry over everything. If u need anyone to talk to u can talk to me if u want.
RockstarRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2011, 03:13 AM   #8
jonmark
Banned

Name: jonmark

# The depressed patient needs continual positive reinforcement to improve her self-esteem. Provide a structured routine, including activities to boost her self-confidence and promote inter. action With others (for instance, group therapy). Keep reassuring her that her depression Will lift.
# Encourage the patient to talk or to write down her feelings if she's having trouble expressing them. Listen attentively and respectfully; allow her time to formulate her thoughts if she seems sluggish. Record your observations and conversations.
jonmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2011, 11:00 PM   #9
PandaBear
Junior Member+

PandaBear's Forum Picture

Name: Jon

Anxiety is always a mind over matter thing. I've suffered from anxiety my entire life (for different reasons), and thinking about it only makes it worse. I'm sorry for your loss, and that's really sad that such a young kid died from a heart problem, but be assured that it's very rare for someone your age to die from heart related problems at such a young age, unless there is an underlying heart condition. The more you look up stuff about it, i.e. "young people who have died from it", the worse you're making the anxiety.

GovChat Chat Moderator.
("PandaBear", "Stealth")
PandaBear is offline   Reply With Quote