Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old July 22nd, 2011, 12:46 PM   #41
Amaryllis
Awesome Poster

Amaryllis's Forum Picture

Name: Z
Default Re: eating habits

Thanks, Cat And actually, no, it's not. I find that I have to be a good role model. I can't give advice if I myself can't do it. And anyway, I'm really never going back there. It was horrible. It was like running up an escalator than was going the opposite way with a skeletal Ana just clinging on to me, trying to drag me down. It was hell. You're going against your natural survival mechanisms, you're going against yourself. Anorexia is the slowest, most painful form of suicide. It doesn't happen overnight. You die a little more each day. But that death isn't an easy death that frees you from your pains. It's a slow death that magnifies every bit of pain you've ever felt in your life.

"Never test the depth of water with both feet." - Some dude whose name I cannot remember
Amaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 12:51 PM   #42
bambino
Member++

bambino's Forum Picture

Name: Cat

I'm glad then (:
I know, anorexia is a slow unnatural suicide that leaves you hating yourself more than you ever thought possible. It's just hard explaining to people that are so desperate to be thin, that food = beauty and happiness. Like you said, the fuel for life.
bambino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 01:45 PM   #43
bakrb448

@FaithandTrust
No, I no I'm not Fat...
Um for some irony, im basicly the same weight I was 3-4 months ago.
Ht: 5'11"
Wt:128.1"bs
Body Fat %: 10.8
BMI:17.9

If i recall correctly I WAS
5'9"-5'10"
Body Fat: 12.?%
BMI:18.?

But Yeah Pim EAT!

now since its on my mind
when my dad graduated HS, he was 5'11" and weighed 110ish SOAKING WET.

Just eat man, and excuse my french, ignore the mother fucking assholes

For the Record IMHO, any BMI between 17-20 is Thin, imo. 21-25, normal, 25-28 fine 28+ eh Fat
bakrb448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 01:59 PM   #44
LifeisLife
Member++

LifeisLife's Forum Picture

Name: Pim

I ate like 3 pancakes and 2 slices of pizza today :/ I dont like saying it or thinking about it and I had to stuff it down my throat, but I ate it all ? Anyways, I decided I'm going to at least eat 2 slices of bread every day (or something else, as long as i take 2 of it.) i just hope that i can actually stick to this.

btw: Cat, when you say this:
Quote:
I think this is true of a lot of people who have experienced severe loneliness and suffering ): [which comes with an ED]
I feel like you mean that severe loneliness and suffering only comes because of an ED? If thats not what you mean can you clear that up for me? :/
LifeisLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2011, 03:07 AM   #45
Amaryllis
Awesome Poster

Cat meant that with an ED, comes MORE loneliness and suffering. Believe me, it's true. You'll just be even more miserable. Anorexia affects both mind and body. It's not a nice way to die. You'll become OBSESSED with food. It'll run your life. You won't care about anything else and everyone will give up on you and you'll give up on yourself.

2 slices of bread is better than nothing but you really should try to eat more. But baby steps are steps nonetheless Keep going.

<3

"Never test the depth of water with both feet." - Some dude whose name I cannot remember
Old July 23rd, 2011, 04:09 AM   #46
LifeisLife
Member++

I dont see how my friends wouldn't want to hang out with me or not want to talk to me if I didn't eat a lot though?
Old July 23rd, 2011, 05:51 AM   #47
Amaryllis
Awesome Poster

When you don't eat, you grow weak. Too weak to talk, laugh, study, live. You slowly become obsessed with food. So obsessed you don't care about anything else. It's like a starving man yearning for food. Your head might say you don't want it but trust me, your body does. You won't be able to concentrate on anything but food, people will grow tired of you and your grades will plummet. You won't want anything because all your body wants is food. You'll grow to hate yourself, everyone and life more than you already do.

Your hair will fall. I had beautiful thick dark hair. Now I hardly have any. You wi screw up your metabolism. Your skin will dry and shrivel. You will puke your guts out and everyday will be a living hell. You will be in pain. You will feel your body burning itself for fuel. Believe me, the pain of your body eating itself and your organs shutting down is unbearable. Your eyes will be permanently damaged and you will not be able to keep them open or cry without them feeling like they're being stabbed with a million needles.

I do not exaggerate. I lived with Ana and I am still living with the consequences. I wish I stayed with what I was. I ended up fatter than I ever was. I wish I could take this pain away. I wish my hair would grow. I wish I wasn't obsessed with food. I wish I never let Ana in.

Anorexia ruined my life. A year of anorexia beat my 7 years of depression. It beats my scars. It beats my wounds. It took my love for music, it took what I loved the most. It made me grow up faster than any 14 year old should. I gave away a year of my life to Ana. That is a year of my life that I will never get back. And all the years of my life ahead of me that will be spent making sure I never go back.

I want to turn back time but I can't. I am stuck with these eyes, this body, these memories, this obsession, this HATE for the rest of my life. I want to die.

You choose. Choose to dig your own grave and make your own torture chamber or choose to be free. But know that if you choose to go down the path I did, you will never be happy.

Hate,
Hell And Torture

Last edited by Amaryllis; July 23rd, 2011 at 05:55 AM.
Old July 23rd, 2011, 06:26 AM   #48
LifeisLife
Member++

I doubt I'll get obsessed with it, but I don't want to end up like that. I'm going to try and stick to the 2 slices of bread per day (minimum) thing and see what happens.
Old July 23rd, 2011, 06:44 AM   #49
bambino
Member++

bambino's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithAndTrust View Post
Cat meant that with an ED, comes MORE loneliness and suffering. Believe me, it's true. You'll just be even more miserable. Anorexia affects both mind and body. It's not a nice way to die. You'll become OBSESSED with food. It'll run your life. You won't care about anything else and everyone will give up on you and you'll give up on yourself.

2 slices of bread is better than nothing but you really should try to eat more. But baby steps are steps nonetheless Keep going.

<3
thankyou FaithAndTrust

I didn't mean that you never experience any ills without an ED, but with it your suffering becomes tenfold.

What most people don't realise in the early stages of anorexia, is that once you are actually as thin as you wanted- you will be too ill to get out of your bed and live, no-one will see you looking thin, no-one will want to see you because by this point you will hardly have any friends left, you're left alone on 'bed rest' they call it to stop you burning any more calories, you have a nurse take you to the bathroom [yes, they have to watch you urinate], they wake you up every hour through the night to take your blood pressure and make sure your heart hasn't failed. You spend your waking hours crying and wishing you were dead. And guess what. You still don't think you're thin enough.
Old July 23rd, 2011, 06:49 AM   #50
Amaryllis
Awesome Poster

Cat, I couldn't have put it any better. You just summed everything up into one amazing paragraph

Old July 23rd, 2011, 06:53 AM   #51
bambino
Member++

bambino's Forum Picture

thank you hun,
i've commented on your profile x

I'm thinking of making a thread, but in the form of a letter to all the people in various stages of an ED- basically taking everything we've been saying in this thread and more- to formulate a warning/message, what do you think?
Old July 23rd, 2011, 07:34 AM   #52
Amaryllis
Awesome Poster

I think that's a great idea! Man, I shoulda thought of that haha. You're amazing

Old July 23rd, 2011, 08:03 AM   #53
bambino
Member++

bambino's Forum Picture

I wouldn't have thought to do it without seeing you trying to help others! and with your approval (:

I've used quite a few quotes from you! I hope thats okay? x
Old July 23rd, 2011, 02:51 PM   #54
Lethe
Nice Poster

Lethe's Forum Picture

Name: Dee

I try to eat 3 small meals a day, around 900-1200 calories. I'm hoping to keep it at the 800-900 calorie range every day, exercising and burning around 250+ calories a day. This way hopefully I will lose plenty of weight, or at least enough to be considered thin.

I keep my eating habits strictly monitored because I want to be in control and be able to lose weight.
Lethe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2011, 03:39 PM   #55
LifeisLife
Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
I try to eat 3 small meals a day, around 900-1200 calories. I'm hoping to keep it at the 800-900 calorie range every day, exercising and burning around 250+ calories a day. This way hopefully I will lose plenty of weight, or at least enough to be considered thin.

I keep my eating habits strictly monitored because I want to be in control and be able to lose weight.
I don't count calories and carbs, I just don't eat or eat minimum amount (dinner)
Old July 28th, 2011, 02:12 AM   #56
percyholl

Name: percyholl

Eating habits are very important for our health. Proper eating habit gives healthy and long life. so for a healthy life every one should eat balanced food.
percyholl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2011, 02:25 PM   #57
Lethe
Nice Poster

Lethe's Forum Picture

Name: Dee

I wish I could just not eat for a week and lost 10lbs. That'd make my life a whole lot easier. But I've never even gone one day without eating something. How pathetic is that?
Lethe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2011, 05:20 AM   #58
Amaryllis
Awesome Poster

@Dee,
That's not called pathetic. That's called survival You will end up bingeing non-stop every single day. You will end up heavier than you ever were. No one can help you if you don't want to be helped. A zillion people can tell you you're beautiful but if you don't think so, you never will be.

Don't wait for everyone to leave and give up on you like they did me.