Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old April 20th, 2010, 12:19 AM   #1
sakuhano

Name: 羽野
Default Anyone else have psychotic episodes??

I'm diagnosed as Severe Bipolar Disorder with psychotic features. When I go into a depressive state, if it's severe enough than I will have psychotic episodes. Usually it's delusions, SEVERE paranoia to the point where I'll stay hidden in bed ALL day because of the people watching me(they're everywhere:every room, inside, outside, sometimes even my own room). I'll also have other strange delusions and even hallucinations. My voices are named violet, never with a capital V, Quincy, and the other is just static. violet tells me to hurt myself, Quincy shows me myself hurting others, and static is a stadium full of thousands of people talking about me.
It has been suggested that I'm schizophrenic, but they stuck with the Bipolar diagnosis as I have mood disorder symptoms, which don't exist in Schizophrenia. There is the possibility that I have Schizoaffective disorder, but I'm hopeful that it's Bipolar as even though it's severe, it's got a better prognosis.

So I was wondering, any other Bipolar patients have psychotic episodes?
sakuhano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2010, 04:33 AM   #2
Zephyr
Retired Administrator

Zephyr's Forum Picture

Name: Steph
Default Re: Anyone else have psychotic episodes??

I'm in the exact same boat as you. Most of my symptoms are those of a mood disorder, though I have psychotic episodes. My grandmother is a paranoid schizophrenic, so I won't be surprised if I develop it over time as I go through young adult-hood, which is where it most prevalently develops.

I'm currently on a high/therapeutic dose of the anti-psychotic Seroquel, so I haven't had any psychotic episodes ever since I got put on that dosage. I have a pretty extensive history of psychotic episodes. I'd say it all started around the age of 11, though I wasn't diagnosed until age 15.

My more common hallucinations/delusions & the most vivid ones:

Look at post #8: http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=70054

So if you care to find me, look to the western sky.
As someone told me lately, everyone deserves a chance to fly.

✯ Alis Volat Propriis ✯
Zephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2010, 12:26 AM   #3
Syvelocin
Ocean Soul

Syvelocin's Forum Picture

Name: Rith

I had a pretty bad one where I was seeing demonic figures in my room (demonic as far as a Satanist can take that statement XD), then a load of whispering started up, growing louder and louder. I've had to stay home from school the next day because of some of my paranoia, being kept up all night with visions of things coming out of the air vents, the mirrors, the drains.

I don't have voices but I have friends who make up for my uncomfort around people (Social Anxiety Disorder). I have different parents and all sorts of good stuff like that.

And I'm sorry I didn't build your walls. And I'm sorry I had to go and fall.
And I'm sorry I had the whole thing wrong. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
And I'm sorry that you are feeling small. And I'm sorry that I'm not used to crawling.
And I'm sorry the writing's on the wall. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
Syvelocin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2010, 02:12 AM   #4
CaliKid24
Member++

CaliKid24's Forum Picture

Name: Jake

I've had them but they stopped now

=]
CaliKid24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2011, 08:56 PM   #5
LiTTleBrok3nDolly

LiTTleBrok3nDolly's Forum Picture

i take abilify for my paranoia, havent had any paranoid thoughts for a while which is very uplifting for me. I have a few crazy stories, a community, a girl in a cellar, spoons that tried to kill me, and giant spiders. If it helps you to feel less crazy ill be more than glad to tell any of them to you. Your not alone

The winter land is black and white, just how i feel on the inside
LiTTleBrok3nDolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 09:53 AM   #6
LKIFMRUG9556

Oh dear god. Do you have to take any medicine?
LKIFMRUG9556 is offline   Reply With Quote