Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old July 3rd, 2011, 11:18 PM   #1
Twistember

Twistember's Forum Picture

Name: Cat
Default OCD and Cutting....

I wasn't sure where to post this, so move it if it needs to be somewhere else.

I have self diagnosed pure o ocd. I can't ever get the thoughts out of my head. The only way I've found that works, is cutting. When I cut, everything but the pain goes away and I'm not constantly doing all of my mental rituals. This is actually the first reason I ever cut myself 1 year ago. I need another distraction. I've tried fidgets, tangles, bracelets, stress balls, rubberbands, ice....I need something else.

PS I am going to a therapist on friday. What are some things that he could help me with?
Twistember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2011, 11:21 PM   #2
Deleted User
Legendary Member

Default Re: OCD and Cutting....

Okay, obviously the first thing to address is self-diagnosis. I wouldn't self-diagnosis. A professional diagnosis of OCD doesn't really make much difference but self-diagnosis is always risky because there is the odd chance you could make yourself believe you have something you really don't or at least not as severely as you may think.

However, I know very little about you so remember I'm saying that as a general caution.

Maybe speak to your therapist about this self-diagnosis and get a professional opinion. He can't diagnose you but he can give you a professional standpoint and opinion. See if he knows any other ways to stop self-harming and find a healthier distraction.

Good luck. x
Deleted User is offline   Reply With Quote