Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old May 23rd, 2011, 10:49 AM   #1
Indecision

Name: Katie
Default 'You're still so depressed.'

Time to admit now, for the start of this year i've been pretty depressed. I've cut myself a lot more, thought of suicide, overdosed on paracetamol, and can really only remember 1 good day this year. And I had this little epithany thing.

It's almost as if i've been blind to everything good that's gone on. As if i've completely ignored it as if the things never happened. Yes, my life's pretty bad, it always has been but last year was so much better, more good stuff happened, I thought, when there's no difference. I'm just too stupid to see it now.

So i'm kinda beginning to enjoy life again. People have noticed by change, I guess i'm getting more involved in things. But the other day someone said something to me, which really annoyed me. And my Mum said 'God, you're still so bloody depressed, learn to enjoy life will you!?'
And that annoyed me even more, 'cause I have been successfully trying, i've enjoyed the last two weeks.

And then again today, a guy I used to be very close with, and havn't talked to recently, asked me how I was, I said I was good. He didn't believe me. He didn't believe me. He told me I was lying, 'cause I'm never really ok.

How am I supposed to convince everyone I really am okay!?

I don't wanna do this anymore. I don't even know what to say.
Indecision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2011, 11:26 AM   #2
Dunce
Nice Poster

Dunce's Forum Picture

Name: Aoife
Default Re: 'You're still so depressed.'

It's really horrible when people comment on your mood, especially when it's on your good days :O
But the thing is, don't let other people dictate your moods. I know it's extremely frustrating and angering when people say these things, but take a breath and think of something that makes you happy. Don't take it to heart, because only you know how you're feeling, nobody else can ever know exactly what you've been going through.

You really sound like you've been getting better, so hang in there, soon it wont matter what people say
Dunce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2011, 11:52 AM   #3
Spook
Awesome Poster

Spook's Forum Picture

Name: Caitlin

It's great to hear that your mood is improving, keep it up! If people say stuff to you, just respond: "I know that I am feeling good, and that's all that matters." It really is all that matters. Don't let others phase you.

Keep holding up. VT is here for you.

Spook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2011, 01:26 PM   #4
Love.Hate
Carpe Diem

Name: Fran

I think if you seriously believe that your mood is getting better and your less 'depressed' then I think its just a matter of time before your positivity starts to rub off on others. Dont let comments like that knock you down, prove to them that you can and will be happy

Don't let anybody ever bring you down.
Love.Hate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2011, 01:39 PM   #5
Indecision

Name: Katie

Thanks guys, this really helps .

I don't wanna do this anymore. I don't even know what to say.
Indecision is offline   Reply With Quote