Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old December 30th, 2009, 08:41 AM   #1
Faithfull

Faithfull's Forum Picture

Name: Faith
Question MPD/DID (Multiple Personality Disorder)

There's no fourm for this so i'm gonna put it here.

Does anyone else have MPD?

I've been looking for a support group on the internet for it but i cannot for the life of me find one. I refuse to belive i am the only teenager with this dissorder... does anyone else have it?

Love Faithfull
Old December 30th, 2009, 09:27 AM   #2
BuryYourFlame
Awesome Poster

BuryYourFlame's Forum Picture

Default Re: MPD/DID (Multiple Personality Disorder)

I have a friend who has quite severe MPD. You're never alone =] Send me a PM if you want to talk. =]

Declan
6 years on and I'm still here for some reason.
~Laura was here~
Old January 12th, 2011, 01:58 PM   #3
DaleyLillithCarolyn

DaleyLillithCarolyn's Forum Picture

Name: Carolyn

It has not been confirmed that I have it by my doctor or anything, but i do believe that I have it. I was watching TV and they were talking about it and alot of it sound very similar to the things ive been experincing. So i looked it up online and found out all about it and all the symptoms and stuff and i do believe that i have it. like i havnt been eating very much or when i do im not even hungry i just keep eating and eating, thats a symptom. memory loss. panic attacks. and there are a couple others. i wanted to find out why i might have MPD so i googled that too. it said because of neglect or not enough love from like your parents, or a traumatic event that has happened. both have happened to me. i havnt told anybody cuz ive been afraid of what they would say. like oh you dont have MPD youre to young to have it. but i searched can a teenager have MPD and i found your Q and decided to respond that way if you want we can talk to each other about it instead of being alone.
Old January 12th, 2011, 05:32 PM   #4
Syvelocin
Ocean Soul

Syvelocin's Forum Picture

Name: Rith

Hi! Welcome to the club!

There are a surprising amount of people on VT who do have DID. However a great majority of them are not "out in the open" like I am. But what I'd like to say is that you're definitely not alone. And I love to talk to other people who have this disorder, if you're interested. I find everyone's cases very interesting to hear about in regards to my own. You can always pm me if you'd ever like to talk

And I'm sorry I didn't build your walls. And I'm sorry I had to go and fall.
And I'm sorry I had the whole thing wrong. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
And I'm sorry that you are feeling small. And I'm sorry that I'm not used to crawling.
And I'm sorry the writing's on the wall. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
Old January 12th, 2011, 05:42 PM   #5
ShatteredWings
Under the Stars

ShatteredWings's Forum Picture

Name: Kyle

does't amtter how weird something sounds.
youre not alone
there's always someone who can relate.

and this is a forum deticated to teenage mental health
you're gonna find at least a few floating around un noticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleyLillithCarolyn View Post
i havnt told anybody cuz ive been afraid of what they would say. like oh you dont have MPD youre to young to have it. but i searched can a teenager have MPD and i found your Q and decided to respond that way if you want we can talk to each other about it instead of being alone.
actaually, it's somethin that devlopes in childhood.
it's just odd, apparently, for teens to be able to understand it well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire_Flames View Post
VT turned me lesbo acid wankers wtf.
~Laura Was Here~
Retired Gmod

Last edited by ShatteredWings; January 12th, 2011 at 05:46 PM.
Old January 13th, 2011, 03:58 AM   #6
Sith Lord 13
The Force

Sith Lord 13's Forum Picture

Name: Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleyLillithCarolyn View Post
It has not been confirmed that I have it by my doctor or anything, but i do believe that I have it. I was watching TV and they were talking about it and alot of it sound very similar to the things ive been experincing. So i looked it up online and found out all about it and all the symptoms and stuff and i do believe that i have it. like i havnt been eating very much or when i do im not even hungry i just keep eating and eating, thats a symptom. memory loss. panic attacks. and there are a couple others. i wanted to find out why i might have MPD so i googled that too. it said because of neglect or not enough love from like your parents, or a traumatic event that has happened. both have happened to me. i havnt told anybody cuz ive been afraid of what they would say. like oh you dont have MPD youre to young to have it. but i searched can a teenager have MPD and i found your Q and decided to respond that way if you want we can talk to each other about it instead of being alone.
Yes, a teenager can have DID. In fact, it's unheard of to develop it after childhood.

Here's my suggestion. Write a note to any potential alters in a notebook or some other place where you can be sure only your body will have access to it. If after a week you don't get a response try thinking about it very loudly inside your head. Hopefully by that point, if you do in fact have DID, your alter, or at least one of them if there's more than one, will have written back to you.

If you ever need to talk, you can PM me. I can't promise I'll solve your problem but I'll do my best to help.
"You're all clear kid. Now let's blow this thing and go home!" - Han Solo
Awesome People: Country-Cowgirl, Goose, RodeoGirl, Maliza, ShatteredWings Thanks to Kaius for the awesome sig.
Puppy <3 Kitty
http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab93/Kaius10/Alex-1.png
~Kyle Was Here, and Was Awesome~
Old January 14th, 2011, 12:35 PM   #7
Nevermore
Nice Poster

Nevermore's Forum Picture

Name: Sammy <3

Haven't been officially diagnosed yet, I have all the symptoms and an alter. I just literally told my psychiatrist about it two days ago, and she's talking it with psycologist. My friends can tell, they point it out to me. It's very embarrassing. Especially when taking a test, and I wasn't there to learn the information for it.
My suggestion is seek out help perhaps a counsler, learning about it helps too. You're not alone. PM me if you ever want to talk.

Charlie Girl and Ichigo are my Wiccan sisers
Animal Luverrr is my lil sis <3
Old January 15th, 2011, 03:46 AM   #8
Syvelocin
Ocean Soul

^ Can't tell you how many times that's happened to us Either way even. I took the driver's ed test, personally. So we have to be careful that she doesn't end up having to drive until she learns that stuff... *whistles* We're pretty good about it now, but we did have one time where she surfaced during a psychology quiz :/

And I'm sorry I had the whole thing wrong. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
And I'm sorry that you are feeling small. And I'm sorry that I'm not used to crawling.
Old May 18th, 2011, 03:59 PM   #9
Syvelocin
Ocean Soul

Please do not bump old threads

Closed Thread