Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old May 6th, 2011, 11:43 PM   #1
RoseyCadaver
Awesome Poster

RoseyCadaver's Forum Picture

Name: Violet
Smile Advice for friends with OCD

I've over time tried my best to deny my OCD but I've realized it's part of me.Over the periods of time I would get in to little depression over it,I'd even get OCD on being OCD .I've realized though ,for me anyways,as the more I accepted the more it has seemed to calm down. I've learned to obsess on important things like fixing this earth and what not but I've just seen a decline in me being all sad and junk as soon as i accepted my OCD and got slowly over it.Of course you may not be the same,hope i helped.PS My OCD isn't really over clean or anything more of a compulsive and I'd obsess on a subject

My pronouns are they/them/theirs.
Dead queer
RoseyCadaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2011, 07:41 PM   #2
HandheldOutlaw
Member+

HandheldOutlaw's Forum Picture

Name: Lauren
Default Re: Advice for friends with OCD

I have OCD as well, and yeah, the more I tried to ignore it the "better" it got. Turns out, I was still engaging in my compulsive behavior (counting -more annoying than harmful-, hand-washing, and scab-picking), but justifying it subconsciously, and I didn't realize when it became unhealthy.
I would wash my hands so much that they became blistered and sore. Blisters turn to scabs. I'm a scab picker. I had to have my hands bandaged all the time until they healed. For me personally, it's easier for me to think about what I'm doing. I've learned to recognize a compulsive behavior, and when to wash, and when not to wash. That's not saying I'm perfectly okay now on any measure, I still mess up sometimes and get blisters from washing and sanitizing, but I'm doing much better.

As you said, it just depends on the person and their obsession or compulsion.
HandheldOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2011, 06:47 PM   #3
hail97

Name: Hailea

heey I also have OCD.
My OCD is more about germs, worrying about diseases and the people around me, and I tend to organize things a certain way, or tap things. I am fourteen right now but I was diagnosed with OCD when I was nine. I've been taking medication ever since but there will always be a part of my OCD that doesn't go away. Any advice? Or anyone want to talk? I like talking about OCD because its like there's someone I can actually connect to..
hail97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2011, 04:31 PM   #4
HandheldOutlaw
Member+

Geez, you were diagnosed young. I was diagnosed a year ago, I had to have psych. eval when going to the hospital for multiple infections in my hands. I am supposed to be on medication, but I don't take it. I manage decently on my own. This past week has been awful though. The counting is beginning to get ridiculous. I am constantly counting everything and it has to all come to an even number. If it doesn't, I will force it to. The walk from my bus stop to my bathroom is (supposed to be) 235 normal steps. When I get off of the bus, I take a step backwards as my first step, then begin counting from two so that it equals 236.
I have been washing excessively too. My knuckles are dried out from sanitizing and I can't bend my fingers right without breaking the skin. It hurts like crazy

A Pill To Make You Numb
A Pill To Make You Dumb
A Pill To Make You Anybody Else
But All The Drugs In This World Won't Save Her From Herself
Old May 16th, 2011, 09:31 PM   #5
RoseyCadaver
Awesome Poster

RoseyCadaver's Forum Picture

Name: Violet

mine is rather mild to where i wasn't diagnosed with it,but I'm very obsessive ,and compulsive,but my paranoia keeps me from going to the doctor to get help about it

My pronouns are they/them/theirs.
Dead queer
RoseyCadaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2011, 05:59 PM   #6
HandheldOutlaw
Member+

Ugh, I know THAT feeling. I had to go to the hospital the other night, and even though it was something very minor, I had this thought that they would find something seriously wrong, or that I would die in a crash on the way back. My paranoia keeps me inside constantly. I always feel like no matter what I am doing, something will happen.

A Pill To Make You Numb
A Pill To Make You Dumb
A Pill To Make You Anybody Else
But All The Drugs In This World Won't Save Her From Herself