Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old March 26th, 2011, 10:28 PM   #21
Alexithymia
Nice Poster

Alexithymia's Forum Picture

Name: Mark
Default Re: ADD/ADHD aren't facking diseases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio View Post
Yes it is. It's not a normal part of being a child. I never presented any symptoms worth of being considered being ADHD/ADD/etc, so how exactly is it normal if - as you state - it only affects 20% of adolescents?

That just shows you're somewhat intelligent, and can apply yourself. I've done that too. Yet, I've never been considered ADHD, and I've been to a psychiatrist.

See point #1, above.

So people who aren't considered ADHD/ADD/etc. are a "buzzkill"? Are we just social prudes in your eyes?

No, it's placed correctly here. It'd get more views in The White Padded Room, though.

- - -

Also, watch your language. I get you're "frustrated" or whatever, but there's no need.
Also my hero.

I -highly- doubt all 20% have a severe condition. I thought I had a medium condition, but I think it's mild now. And it IS a disease. Not only is it classified as a disease, but also there's a few psychiatrists who actually have heart and don't give that much about money. They still think ADHD is a disease. So, while I can understand your frustation, I don't think it's necessary to get upset about. I will admit, people who flaunt that they have ADHD are annoying and also probably are narcissists, but they're still there. And then there are the kids who you would never guess have ADHD because they take their medicine and are fine.

Being a kid does give you a lot of energy, but it doesn't mean every kid has ADHD. Kids without it can buckle down and focus if they need to. To me, I zone out whether I'm listening to my raid leader explain a fight on WoW (shush! I play that game) or if I'm listening to my Spanish teacher explain something.

Success isn't the opposite of failure;
success is the path that everyone must take
- though it might be filled with hardships -
in order to achieve whatever it is they wish to accomplish.
Old March 27th, 2011, 07:10 PM   #22
Nancy Boy
Member++

Nancy Boy's Forum Picture

Name: Colton Chase

My little brother has it. It _IS_ a disease. I watched him struggle to keep his grades up, crying everynight while doing his homework *for hours* because he didnt focus enough in class.. Get all sad and lonely when he had to move classes and lose his friends. He got on medication and his grades went up and the struggling stopped.

You really need an adjustment of your view on life. i really dont know what your fucking deal is, but you need to calm down. You need help @CantLiveWithoutYou. Seriously.

teehee.
Old April 8th, 2011, 06:22 PM   #23
Wetherbubble
Banned

Wetherbubble's Forum Picture

Name: Andy

Its a Disorder Attention deficit disorder and attention deficit hyperactive disorder
^
That docent men disease
Old April 9th, 2011, 02:07 AM   #24
Syvelocin
Ocean Soul

Syvelocin's Forum Picture

Name: Rith

Disease.
Definition: a disordered or incorrectly functioning organ, part, structure, or system of the body resulting from the effect of genetic or developmental errors, infection, poisons, nutritional deficiency or imbalance, toxicity, or unfavorable environmental factors.

*cough*

And I'm sorry I didn't build your walls. And I'm sorry I had to go and fall.
And I'm sorry I had the whole thing wrong. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
And I'm sorry that you are feeling small. And I'm sorry that I'm not used to crawling.
And I'm sorry the writing's on the wall. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
Old April 13th, 2011, 03:08 PM   #25
CantLiveWithoutYou
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syvelocin View Post
Disease.
Definition: a disordered or incorrectly functioning organ, part, structure, or system of the body resulting from the effect of genetic or developmental errors, infection, poisons, nutritional deficiency or imbalance, toxicity, or unfavorable environmental factors.

*cough*
Lol if a bunch of fucktards hadn't -rep me for this I would give you rep.
Old April 13th, 2011, 11:45 PM   #26
vampireonion

vampireonion's Forum Picture

Name: Jessica

I know a girl who has both ADD and ADHD. She's pretty out there, and obviously is not normal. I do agree that it is over-diagnosed and a cultural disorder. I also hate using the term disease for psychological disorders. It implies that people can't help themselves, when in fact we're our best chance for overcoming a disorder.
Old May 8th, 2011, 01:21 AM   #27
MyConfusion

Name: Sarah

It's a disorder not a desease and with out my meds I have major trouble even more than I do with meds. It means I ..... I'm not going to go there but it's a DISORDER!
Old May 8th, 2011, 08:21 AM   #28
CantLiveWithoutYou
Banned

DON'T FUCKING BUMP A MONTH OLD THREAD. If I get one more -rep because you bumped this I swear to god I will find where you live and kill you.
Old May 8th, 2011, 11:21 AM   #29
1_21Guns
Val's bitch. ;)

1_21Guns's Forum Picture

Name: Natalie

OP request

Closed Thread