Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 20th, 2011, 07:46 PM   #1
dynamiicz

Name: Adamm
Default Social Anxiety

Okay so basically, I think I have social anxiety. I'm constantly nervous when I'm meeting new people, doing school presentations, etc. I get soooo nervous, I basically freak out, and I isolate myself from people. It affects nearly every aspect of my life from friendships to schoolwork. I always make plans with my friends and end up canceling last minute because I just freak out and I don't know what to do. I don't even get why I do this all the time but like, its easy to say just go out , but in the end it's much more complicated then that. Then when it's too late I end up regretting my decision and sitting in my room all day depressed. And this has been impacting a lot of my friendships for the past few years and it just sucks because I haven't been making new friends at all. I havent had a girlfriend since 8th grade (10th now) and like, I'm starting to lose all hope. I wanna tell my parents but like, I don't know how to, and then I start to think of what a loser I am and stuff. Then it leads to depression, etc. So basically, I'm a hot ass mess. Can anybody give me some tips? I really need help with this and I fear If I don't get help soon I'm gonna be a socially awkward loser for the rest of my life. If anything, I need some help on how I should tell my parents.
dynamiicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2011, 06:14 AM   #2
lengthy_brochure
Member+

Default Re: Social Anxiety

I have deleted the contents of this post

Last edited by lengthy_brochure; October 28th, 2013 at 06:30 PM.
lengthy_brochure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2011, 12:02 PM   #3
Ambrosia
Awesome Poster

Ambrosia's Forum Picture

Name: Lexi

You should see a doctor. They can prescribe pills to calm you down and help get rid of that anxiety and you might even be able to see a shrink.

-Retired Global Moderator-
Ambrosia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2011, 02:20 PM   #4
kevinjk
Banned

kevinjk's Forum Picture

Name: kevin

well, if you are socially akward, be nice to people, try to joke around be playful, and just act normal
kevinjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2011, 06:56 PM   #5
Jordan W.K. White
Member++

Jordan W.K. White's Forum Picture

Name: Jordan White

Well i am no expert, well i am but what you have just said is same as me, however my case is a form of autism known as asperges, im not saying you have it as i am no pro there but you should look into it.

Your actions inspire others to do the same, whether they are the right actions is up to you. Do as you see and see as you do.
Jordan W.K. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2011, 12:22 AM   #6
restricted NA
Member++

Name: N.A.

This happens to me as well but yours, seems more serious don't go on medicine try to face your fear and maybe join a debate team so you can practice public speaking and make friends that are on the team. Good luck
restricted NA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2011, 04:36 PM   #7
MazMazMaz

Name: Si

I had social anxiety issues last year and what happened to me sounds very similar to what's happening to you. I'd always been shy, but it really started in Year 9 (eighth grade in US), when the school had a whole new influx of people, all of whom I was terrified to go near. I used to get sick on the way to school, isolate myself from friends, hide in the toilets at break, and was too scared to go into the dining hall. At my lowest I would cut myself. I still have problems with some of these.
Seeing a counsellor really helped me out. If you're scared of telling your parents first, maybe you could ring a helpline or talk to the school counselor first? Honestly, take it from someone who's been there, this does get better, this does go away, but you need to talk to a therapist about it.
Good luck.
MazMazMaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2011, 09:11 AM   #8
IDon'tLikeUsernames
Junior Member+

Same for me. I never feel safe unless I'm alone and far away from other people. I always feel as though they're judging me. What helps me is to write it down and really think about what makes me so scared. I think that knowing what triggers it and working towards feeling calmer around people is the best thing you can do. It also can't hurt to have somebody ot talk to

I'm not anything

"Take on me,
Take me home,
I'll be gone,
In a day or two"

In the Lost Astoria with Pete and Patrick (If you don't know what this means, talk to me more often)
IDon'tLikeUsernames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2011, 03:16 PM   #9
JoshPagan

JoshPagan's Forum Picture

You and I could be twins (well kinda lol)! I have Social Anxiety real bad. My doctor prescribed me with Xanax because of it. Hope everything gets better for you.
JoshPagan is offline   Reply With Quote