its gonna change my life forever
HeroesAndCons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2011, 08:35 AM   #2
Fiction
Ex Psych Mod

Fiction's Forum Picture

Name: Kathy
Default Re: I knew it

Have you had an official diagnosis of this? If you have then that can only be a good thing. If you've just got an official diagnosis, then you've got it. All the diagnosis changes is that people know how to treat it now, and things should get better.

You brought hate, pills and knives,
And this is how the tale begins.
Its your life, exist and wonder why.
When it only fails to work,
It only fails to work sometimes
Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2011, 12:35 AM   #3
HeroesAndCons
Awesome Poster

HeroesAndCons's Forum Picture

Name: Heather

Yep real diagnosis

I am trying/will controll it Im gonna try my best
HeroesAndCons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2011, 08:51 PM   #4
Fiction
Ex Psych Mod

Fiction's Forum Picture

Name: Kathy

Surly if you've got a diagnosis you're getting professional help for this?

You brought hate, pills and knives,
And this is how the tale begins.
Its your life, exist and wonder why.
When it only fails to work,
It only fails to work sometimes
Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2011, 07:34 AM   #5
RAWWR
Nice Poster

Name: Charlie

It's not gonna change your life forever. Well it might, but in a good way, because you always had it, so you would've just stayed the same, but now you have a diagnosis you can start to get the right help for it. Have you been offerd DBT?

If you ever Need advice, or even just a chat, feel free to PM or VM me
RAWWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2011, 09:31 AM   #6
Spook
Awesome Poster

Spook's Forum Picture

Name: Caitlin

If you do or don't have bipolar disorder, it doesn't mean it's going to change your life forever. Names of illnesses are just labels stamped on people.

Spook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2011, 01:11 PM   #7
kai99

Good luck

kai99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2011, 02:59 PM   #8
MazMazMaz

Name: Si

Good luck. This really isn't going to ruin your life, I promise. One of the most brilliant people I have ever known has bipolar disorder - she was diagnosed when she was only thirteen - and she copes with it pretty well. Honestly, with the right counseling and medication, you can still live a great life.

Also, if you try and look at it from a different angle, it's a good thing you've now been diagnosed? Now whenever you have depressions or episodes, you know what's going on and you'll learn ways to combat it and deal with it?

Good luck. You'll do brilliantly.
MazMazMaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2011, 09:43 PM   #9
Syvelocin
Ocean Soul

Syvelocin's Forum Picture

Name: Rith

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazMazMaz View Post
Good luck. This really isn't going to ruin your life, I promise. One of the most brilliant people I have ever known has bipolar disorder - she was diagnosed when she was only thirteen - and she copes with it pretty well. Honestly, with the right counseling and medication, you can still live a great life.

Also, if you try and look at it from a different angle, it's a good thing you've now been diagnosed? Now whenever you have depressions or episodes, you know what's going on and you'll learn ways to combat it and deal with it?

Good luck. You'll do brilliantly.
I have to add, honestly, it's a sign of intelligence and/or creativity to be diagnosed BPD or bipolar. I don't know anyone personally with BPD, but I have a lot of family and I have two friends with bipolar disorder. One is insanely creative, she's into drawing and cosplay, the other is an amazing musician and one of the smartest people I know. My parents are bipolar as well (what a fun family, huh?), my stepdad's a genius and my mum likes sewing (that counts, right?). I honestly don't know even one bipolar who isn't either or both, intelligent and creative. Not to be egotistical, but I'm quite smart and artistic myself XD

And I'm sorry I didn't build your walls. And I'm sorry I had to go and fall.
And I'm sorry I had the whole thing wrong. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
And I'm sorry that you are feeling small. And I'm sorry that I'm not used to crawling.
And I'm sorry the writing's on the wall. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
Syvelocin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2011, 05:26 AM   #10
MazMazMaz

Name: Si

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syvelocin View Post
I have to add, honestly, it's a sign of intelligence and/or creativity to be diagnosed BPD or bipolar. I don't know anyone personally with BPD, but I have a lot of family and I have two friends with bipolar disorder. One is insanely creative, she's into drawing and cosplay, the other is an amazing musician and one of the smartest people I know. My parents are bipolar as well (what a fun family, huh?), my stepdad's a genius and my mum likes sewing (that counts, right?). I honestly don't know even one bipolar who isn't either or both, intelligent and creative. Not to be egotistical, but I'm quite smart and artistic myself XD
Mm, same. This girl I know is a great musician and songwriter, as well as a pretty good actress.
MazMazMaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2011, 02:13 PM   #11
Weeping
Awesome Poster

Weeping's Forum Picture

Name: Elvira

You should be glad that you got diagnosed! Then they can help you in a better way and stuff! (:

My best friend is bipolar. She really is. Her doctor know that she is. But then Sweden comes and says that you can't be diagnosed as bipolar until you're 18. She just turned 16. And you know what they do instead? They change her diagnosis every other month between other things. Yeah, they're partially true but not right.
= She's freaking out cause she just want her actual diagnose.

Just as Rith says, she's extremely good at drawing/painting too.

And I'm here if you ever need to talk!

http://elviraholmberg.tumblr.com/

if you add me on msn or skype, then send me a vm or pm otherwise there's a risk that I won't accept you.

And please, don't even bother to think about adding me if you're just some horny guy -.-
Weeping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2011, 04:53 PM   #12
bperan

bperan's Forum Picture

Name: Bethsaida

Your country is correct, you shouldnt even get a diagnosis of Bipolar before 18 just like when I dont believe that crap of Schizo kids. I was diagnosed as soon as I turned 18, I was given meds and I felt even worse, then they gave me homeopatic medicine becuase my doctors felt uncomfortable giving me medication. I'm way better than I was before.

I even went to several doctors in the US, all of them diagnosed me BiPolar and urged to start treatment right away. So heck no, personally I'm laying off the meds for awhile.

No, this wont change your life forever they just label you. Don't tell anybody if that makes you feel more comfortable. The only ones that know that I'm BP are my best friends and my parents the rest dont need to know, that way they wont treat you differently.

Bethsy : )
bperan is offline   Reply With Quote