Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old March 28th, 2011, 07:26 PM   #1
saraxsaraxlove

saraxsaraxlove's Forum Picture

Name: Sara
Default I want to have an eating disorder.

I've always hated my looks, my weight, everything about myself..
Recently, I've been content with everything but my weight.
I'm 5'3" and I weigh 155 lbs.
When I tell people this, they don't believe me. I carry it well. But I hate it. I've tried to make myself throw up, but I just can't. I've tried to not eat, but it doesn't work. I don't have enough will power.
So here's a question for anorexic people.
If I took like, five bites out of something, instead of eating it completely, would I lose weight? Kthanksbai. x3

Sara Jordan.<3
saraxsaraxlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2011, 07:29 PM   #2
Vonn
Awesome Poster

Vonn's Forum Picture

Default Re: I want to have an eating disorder.

You do not want an eating disorder. Nobody wants a condition that makes their life more difficult than need be.
Vonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2011, 07:44 PM   #3
User Deleted
Awesome Poster

User Deleted's Forum Picture

Name: Gone

im roughly the same weight/height looks arent too big of a deal and if you force yourself to throw up the stomach acid could burn away some throat tissue especially after too long and if you dont eat your metbolisim will slow and you will gain weight faster. im not judging here its just not a good thing to make a moutians out of mole hills (make big deals about small issues)

Gone
User Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2011, 08:04 AM   #4
Syvelocin
Ocean Soul

Syvelocin's Forum Picture

Name: Rith

Here we go again.

I'm sorry, it's just, when I see a thread like this, I have no choice morally but to address it.

Like Crooked said, this is not something you want to wish on yourself. It's not an attempt at weight loss, it's an always failing attempt at perfection. You will never succeed this way, because A. It's not a diet. When you eventually start eating again, you will gain all of it back and even more (though many diets end that way anyway, just not as bad as this will be), and B. In you're mind, you will never be too skinny. You might think you can stop when you want to, but your goal weight will keep getting lower. You won't be able to stop as easily as you think you will. And the end result, you won't be pretty and skinny. Well, you'll be skinny, that's for sure. But you'll have little white hairs all over your body. Hair loss, brittle nails, papery skin, organ failure. Oh, and if you're lucky, death.

See, what happens when you don't eat, your body notices. It says, "Oh gosh, we must be having difficulty finding food." This is what is called starvation mode. Instead of eating the fat, it will go straight to storage, your body will eat your muscle, muscle burns more calories. And after it's finished with the muscle, it will start eating at your organs for energy. Until your heart can't take it any more.

If love is your goal, no one will want to date you how you look. Like I said, you'll be skinny, but you'll look like you just rose from the grave. And you'll be pretty close to that anyway. You'll look like a walking skeleton. You'll be lighter than you were five years ago. And all you can see in the mirror is fat, even if you don't have any any more.

I'm lighter than I was in year nine (eighth grade), right now. And I'm ten pounds heavier than I was at my worst point. I started my eating disorder when I was already genetically a small girl anyway. And now I have to be heavier than I ever was, to be considered healthy. I'm supposed to be above 100 pounds. And that's the scariest thought.

Thing is, you'll have to either go through the gruelling recovery process, or experience organ failure and die. You'll be putting yourself in the worst situation of your life. Unless you become as stupid as me and do drugs and cut yourself at the same exact time. Then you've just royally screwed yourself over. Nothing good will ever come of an ED. And it breaks my heart to see others who might be close to one, but have the power to say no still.

And I'm sorry I didn't build your walls. And I'm sorry I had to go and fall.
And I'm sorry I had the whole thing wrong. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
And I'm sorry that you are feeling small. And I'm sorry that I'm not used to crawling.
And I'm sorry the writing's on the wall. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.

Last edited by Syvelocin; March 29th, 2011 at 08:13 AM.
Syvelocin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2011, 08:29 AM   #5
Spook
Awesome Poster

Spook's Forum Picture

Name: Caitlin

Sara, nobody wants to have an eating disorder. Not only is it bad for your health, but it turns into an addiction. You aren't worth it. PM me if you wanna talk. ~Caitlin

Spook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2011, 11:41 AM   #6
Triceratops
VT Lover

No, you don't want one. You're ignorant, naive and have absolutely no real knowledge in terms of eating disorders. They are not glamorous, and they certainly aren't a quick fix for weight loss.

"I can't judge any of you. I have no malice against you and no ribbons for you. But I think that it is high time that you all start looking at yourselves, and judging the lie that you live in." ~ Charles Manson
Triceratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2011, 11:44 AM   #7
Spook
Awesome Poster

Spook's Forum Picture

Let's not start calling names, Malice. She came here for advice, not to be chewed out.

Old March 29th, 2011, 12:00 PM   #8
Fiction
Ex Psych Mod

Fiction's Forum Picture

Name: Kathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Luverrr View Post
Let's not start calling names, Malice. She came here for advice, not to be chewed out.
Please could you leave the mods to do their own job?

As Rith said, an eating disorder is not an easy way to lose weight. It's one of the hardest things i've ever been through.

You may not be happy with your body now, but with an eating disorder loosing weight does NOTHING to change this. You end up stuck in always wanting to be smaller. No matter how much smaller you get always wanting to be smaller. You do ANYTHING to get smaller. Making yourself throw up, starving yourself. Damaging yourself in the process. And all for what? So you can loose a few more pounds convinced it'll make you happier. But it doesn't.

If you understood anything at all about eating disorders you wouldn't want one, and since you obviously don't you'll have to take my word for it and everyone else in this thread that you really don't.

You brought hate, pills and knives,
And this is how the tale begins.
Its your life, exist and wonder why.
When it only fails to work,
It only fails to work sometimes

Last edited by Fiction; March 29th, 2011 at 07:06 PM.
Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2011, 05:17 AM   #9
Bath
VT Lover

Bath's Forum Picture

Name: Bethany

You don't want a fucking eating disorder. You want the result of one. You want to cry everyday because you're afraid to take a bite of a sandwich? You want everybody you care about to worry like hell about you, your boyfriend to leave you because he's given up on you? You want to not be able to remember anything but counting calories and carbs and obsess over your weight and be looking in the mirror CONSTANTLY?

Ohyeah it's perfectly fucking glamorous.
Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2011, 10:22 AM   #10
georgiamay
Awesome Poster

georgiamay's Forum Picture

Name: Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by saraxsaraxlove View Post
So here's a question for anorexic people.
If I took like, five bites out of something, instead of eating it completely, would I lose weight? Kthanksbai. x3
*sighs*

You have to understand that anorexia is a mental illness, it's not a lifestyle choice. People don't wake up one day, and decide that they want to be anorexic. It's something that develops over time, and if someone has an eating disorder, the chances are they didn't mean for it to get that way, because like everyone else has said, it's hell. Anorexia isn't a diet, it's an illness.

You don't want an eating disorder, you want to go on a diet, they are two completely different things. Diets tend not to work anyway, because you just put the weight back on. If you had an eating disorder, you'd need to see a psychiatrist, you wouldn't just need to put on weight, it doesn't work that way. Eating disorders aren't about weight, dispite what people think, they're about control. Of course, at the time when people realise they have an eating disorder, they're not in control anymore. It's not to do with how skinny someone is. I have a friend with anorexia, and just by looking at her she looks a pretty normal size.

What you're looking for, is a diet, not a mental illness. I don't recommend either.
georgiamay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2011, 10:25 AM   #11
Spook
Awesome Poster

Spook's Forum Picture

[QUOTE=Fiction;1223150]Please could you leave the mods to do their own job?[QUOTE]

Sorry for helping. I'll make sure to not do that in the future.

Old April 3rd, 2011, 02:16 AM   #12
dbrkk

dbrkk's Forum Picture

Name: Derek

Rith described it perfectly. Basically, having an ED is absolute living hell. No....it's worse than that. I wouldn't even wish this upon my worst enemy. It causes strain between friends and family, you will fear food like the plague, you'll become the world's best liar, and you will never EVER be skinny enough..

You say you're content with everything but your weight. Well...weight is just a number and nothing more. It should NOT define you or how you feel about yourself. Take it as a compliment that people say you carry your weight well! Don't focus on whether or not that number is low enough. As I said before, it's just a number.
dbrkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 09:11 PM   #13
SWMG
Great Poster

SWMG's Forum Picture

You do not want one really! It is a hard and long process to overcome it. Perfection its always seeked but I think we kind of achieve it when we have a balance in our lives not just by beeing thin or handsome
SWMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2011, 08:27 AM   #14
Nevermore
Nice Poster

Nevermore's Forum Picture

Name: Sammy <3

So what your saying is you want it to hurt and get sick when you eat. To be hospitalized because your so underweight and week. To hurt when you take deep breaths, and your heart has random pains. You want people to make fun of you, and scream at you for not understanding. Pleading and crying that you won't eat, and your killing yourself. You're tired, and weak all the time. Guess what else? You're hair is falling out. You are losing hair and breaking out due to malnutrition, and you will get sick a lot and have a lot of infections. Not to mention the pain of your stomach digesting itself when there is no food. Eating disorders kill. You either struggle your whole life, or die from it. You do not want one. I don't want one. I'm killing myself, and I'm trying to eat, but my body is rejecting the very thing that is keeping me alive... You want to lose weight? Do it the healthy way. Don't get an eating disorder. You'll regret it for the rest of your life.

Charlie Girl and Ichigo are my Wiccan sisers
Animal Luverrr is my lil sis <3
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2011, 01:49 PM   #15
Craig1995
Member++

Craig1995's Forum Picture

Name: Craig

I'm sorry but that's a really stupid thing to say I know a girl who was in hospital for a very long time because of her eating disorder and has a lot of other insecurities now that she has began to recover.

Cough*

MCR <3 proud to be a killjoy
Gay out and proud xxx :3
Evanescence <3 xD
<3Sleepingwithsirens<3
Craig1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2011, 04:08 PM   #16
Random3r

Random3r's Forum Picture

Name: aidan

im shocked to a point at the above,, when i was younger i didnt eat much for a while because i was slightly conscious of what i looked like ,, and im not encouraging people not to eat at all but the best thing in my opinion is if you are wanting to lose weight just try to schedule your day so that you are being as active as possible and not having the time to eat when you normally would. i started walking about 2 mile home after school and sometimes i would only take half of my lunch just to keep me going instead of to fill me up lol. hope i was of help

One Life - Live It!!!
Random3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2011, 06:50 PM   #17
moon_lit_angel
Nice Poster

moon_lit_angel's Forum Picture

Name: sandra

You do not want an eating disorder!!!
I'm sorry but I hate people who say this.!!

Its not an easy way of losing weight, as many girls on here like me have an eating disorder and all we want is to get better..!!

GIVE UP

Friends ain't who they say they are..

Just Pi*s off!! :@
moon_lit_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2011, 12:00 AM   #18
Compy386
Junior Member+

Eating Disorders are unhealthy and extreme. Really try not to adopt that method of self beautification.
Compy386 is offline   Reply With Quote