Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old April 11th, 2011, 12:55 AM   #1
icfaidwt

icfaidwt's Forum Picture

Default BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder)???

Hey, persons.
I know there's a few posts like this already, but I think I may have BPD.
Symptoms that I have:

"Make frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment." - Find myself doing this in various scenarios . . .

"Have a pattern of difficult relationships caused by alternating between extremes of intense admiration and hatred of others." - Totally blackNwhite when it comes to how I think of people . . .

"Have an unstable self-image or be unsure of his or her own identity." - People tell me I have a new personality or a new "obsession" every other week.

"Act impulsively in ways that are self-damaging, such as extravagant spending, frequent and unprotected sex with many partners, substance abuse, binge eating, or reckless driving." - Not specifically the stuff they listed, but in other ways, I definitely do that.

"Have recurring suicidal thoughts, make repeated suicide attempts, or cause self-injury through mutilation, such as cutting or burning himself or herself." - I cut and have thought about and attempted suicide before.

"Have frequent emotional overreactions or intense mood swings, including feeling depressed, irritable, or anxious. These mood swings usually only last a few hours at a time. In rare cases, they may last a day or two." - To many examples . . .

"Have long-term feelings of emptiness." - Yeah, this happens quite a bit. More so this past year . . .

"Have inappropriate, fierce anger or problems controlling anger. The person may often display temper tantrums or get into physical fights." - I miiiight have completely flipped out on my mom earlier because she told me to keep my voice down . . . (and I mean REALLY flipped out)

"Have temporary episodes of feeling suspicious of others without reason (paranoia) or losing a sense of reality." - I guess . . . Not really that noticeably there.

Also, I've heard that people with BPD lie a lot, and I lie A LOT. I mean A WHOLE LOT. Usually just to make myself seem more interesting.

I've also heard that BPD can stem from sexual abuse, and there is quite a bit of that in my past.

Just wondering if it's possible that I have BPD . . .
icfaidwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 12:57 AM   #2
Syvelocin
Ocean Soul

Syvelocin's Forum Picture

Name: Rith
Default Re: BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder)???

I tend to go off on the Internet and self-diagnose myself. There's no good in doing this. The best thing you can do is bring your concerns to a professional who is certified to diagnose you. If they see something that needs to be treated, they'll take care of it. If they think you're fine, that's the end of it (unless they're one of those professionals who just isn't getting it...) but you shouldn't think much of it until you can get a second opinion from a doctor.

And I'm sorry I didn't build your walls. And I'm sorry I had to go and fall.
And I'm sorry I had the whole thing wrong. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
And I'm sorry that you are feeling small. And I'm sorry that I'm not used to crawling.
And I'm sorry the writing's on the wall. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
Syvelocin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 01:08 AM   #3
icfaidwt

icfaidwt's Forum Picture

Actually been talking to my school nurse and councilor about some related stuff. Most of this I haven't brought up though. Seeing a therapist soon. But I have a lot of shit on my plate at the moment and I just thought someone here would have some experience with BPD who could gimme a lil more knowledge than I have at the moment . . .
icfaidwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 08:53 PM   #4
Syvelocin
Ocean Soul

Syvelocin's Forum Picture

Name: Rith

Well, there's not much to say. Loads of people post "Do I have it?" posts, and really, you have some symptoms, but you knew that, and none of us are doctors (though I know of two members on here, including myself, who are in school for psychology) so we can't diagnose you, as well as it is difficult anyway to diagnose over the Internet. That's all we can really say.

But I can tell you, if doctors were more lenient than they are even now, every teenager would be diagnosed BPD. What teenager doesn't have even one of those symptoms? I had a psychiatrist who thought I had BPD. But I don't. Though, I'm bipolar, so they weren't too far off, but still. Every teenager has some mild symptoms that they share with BPD, but that doesn't mean they do have BPD. It is possible anyway.

And I'm sorry I didn't build your walls. And I'm sorry I had to go and fall.
And I'm sorry I had the whole thing wrong. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
And I'm sorry that you are feeling small. And I'm sorry that I'm not used to crawling.
And I'm sorry the writing's on the wall. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
Syvelocin is offline   Reply With Quote