Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old April 8th, 2011, 09:18 PM   #1
Sun Kissed Princess

Default ???????

hi, again. so lately i have been feeling really really guilty about eating, like whenever i eat something i feel fat. i really want to be thinner. i try to skip lunch and breakfast (except for tea) on weekdays and only eat dinner, and on weekends i eat all three meals but sometimes over the week i binge eat and feel terrible. i hate feeling this way. i took 2 online eating disorder tests and here's what i got:
test one i scored 37, that meant i had strong tendencies towards anorexia nervosa (is that just anorexia?)
the second test i scored 30, that meant i had an attitude similar to those who suffer from an eating disorder.

i dont want help, but i do. i'm scared.
Sun Kissed Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2011, 05:57 AM   #2
georgiamay
Awesome Poster

georgiamay's Forum Picture

Name: Georgia
Default Re: ???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Kissed Princess View Post
test one i scored 37, that meant i had strong tendencies towards anorexia nervosa (is that just anorexia?)
the second test i scored 30, that meant i had an attitude similar to those who suffer from an eating disorder.
First of all, internet tests aren't exactly accurate, so don't dwell on them. In fact, taking them at all is a bad idea, because all it does is freak people out, because they see a question about a particular symptom and think "hey, I get that," and imediately think they're sick, and that's not the way it works.

Anyways...

How long has this been going on? How long have you felt guilty whenever you eat?

No one really wants to get help, but the truth is, if you carry on like this someone will notice, and you'll get help anyway. Eventually, people will notice you skipping meals, the weight loss, and your attitude towards food and your weight. People always notice eventually, and then you'll get help. But wouldn't be better to get help now, and tell someone? I'm sure that'd be nicer than being forced to get help because you've been found out. From personal experience, looking at VT, and from friends, I can tell you that 9 out of 10 parents find out about things like this eventually.

You say that you binge during the week, and that it makes you feel terrible. If you ate regularly, you wouldn't binge. If you really want to lose weight, there are plenty of diets out there, but if you eat less than 1200 calories, that's when it becomes unhealthy. I'm not recommending that you count calories, I'm saying that 3 healthy meals a day should add up to between 1200 and 1500 calories. That's a health amount, and with exercise you'll probably lose weight as well.

All of us are here for you if you need someone to talk to, you can PM me anytime, I'm always here.
georgiamay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2011, 12:05 PM   #3
kai99

Default Re: ???????

Don't trust on these internet tests
kai99 is offline   Reply With Quote