Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old March 27th, 2010, 05:09 PM   #61
pixie1234

pixie1234's Forum Picture

Name: ashleigh
Default Re: This explains what depression is - If you are feeling suicidal read this!

this was really helpful thankyou for writing this, really helped me figure out how badly affected i am. xx

its better to have loved and lost than never loved at all!
Old May 8th, 2010, 12:32 AM   #62
josephajain

Name: josepha
Default Re: This explains what depression is - If you are feeling suicidal read this!

My friend got diagnosed with the depression recently.So i know almost all methods to deal with depression.
Old May 9th, 2010, 04:02 AM   #63
RockstarRocks
Junior Member+

i have depression i already new that though i no all this stuff to i study depression wel read about it and stuff
Old May 20th, 2010, 06:46 PM   #64
LoveMe_HateMe
Nice Poster

LoveMe_HateMe's Forum Picture

so i have all all the basic depressive symptoms and traits from major, atypical depression and bipolar depression...so... what does it mean? i know your not able to give me a fully medical whatever but what do you think...and suggest i do? :/

You are never alone, no matter how islolated you feel. There is hope.

"I'm my own worst enemy" ~ Jacoby Shaddix

PM if you ever want to talk x
Formerly PRoach
Old May 21st, 2010, 12:13 AM   #65
Aspiringanonymous
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRoach View Post
so i have all all the basic depressive symptoms and traits from major, atypical depression and bipolar depression...so... what does it mean? i know your not able to give me a fully medical whatever but what do you think...and suggest i do? :/
Seek professional guidance. They will be qualified to issue an adequate diagnosis and guide you along the path to change and recovery. We on this site will always be here to support you, and there is always the option of seeking out self-help books and the like - but generally, nothing should be intended as a full substitute to professional help. Have you had any experience with it before?
Old May 21st, 2010, 01:23 AM   #66
LoveMe_HateMe
Nice Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krezlyn View Post
Seek professional guidance. They will be qualified to issue an adequate diagnosis and guide you along the path to change and recovery. We on this site will always be here to support you, and there is always the option of seeking out self-help books and the like - but generally, nothing should be intended as a full substitute to professional help. Have you had any experience with it before?
experience with what? :S

Formerly PRoach
Old May 21st, 2010, 02:30 AM   #67
Aspiringanonymous
Awesome Poster

Experience with professionals. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
Old May 21st, 2010, 09:18 AM   #68
LoveMe_HateMe
Nice Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krezlyn View Post
Experience with professionals. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
i thought thats what you meant just wasnt 100% sure, and no i havent

Formerly PRoach
Old May 30th, 2010, 04:28 AM   #69
thegirl

thegirl's Forum Picture

Name: Karen

I don't know what I have. I haven't gained weight mostly because I cant gain weight, bu this part fits perfectly: "You are extremely sensitive to rejection, failure or and type of judgment. When you are in your happy state, you are able to feel pleasure again, life seems good, and you enjoy simple things like the taste of food again."
Because I can be happy, but im extremely sensitive so my mood can drop in a second.
Also, my school work the last year has been..not very good. My teacher told me I need to get better at school, even that made me tear up. Its just like a rollercoaster, I go all day hoping no one will yell at me because if they do, my week is ruined.
Old May 30th, 2010, 04:37 AM   #70
Harley Quinn
Puddin'

Harley Quinn's Forum Picture

Name: Siobhan

Quote:
I don't know what I have. I haven't gained weight mostly because I cant gain weight, bu this part fits perfectly: "You are extremely sensitive to rejection, failure or and type of judgment. When you are in your happy state, you are able to feel pleasure again, life seems good, and you enjoy simple things like the taste of food again."
Because I can be happy, but im extremely sensitive so my mood can drop in a second.
Also, my school work the last year has been..not very good. My teacher told me I need to get better at school, even that made me tear up. Its just like a rollercoaster, I go all day hoping no one will yell at me because if they do, my week is ruined.
I'm like that in some ways, I mean, I'm doing really shit at school. They send letters home and as it is, I hate my parents..or they hate me it's a mutual thing, but anyways that's not the point. The point is, no matter how bad you're feeling there's always a chance that in fact, things will get better. Now, I'm known for being over emotional, and what not, but that's because of like the depression and the way it has it's affects on people. I know people that are happy non stop then two seconds later their mood changes and they're like in tears and on the edge of suicide. I can guarentee that at least one person in this world if not more are feeling the exact same as you. People are scared of judgement and failure but that's normal, I mean, if we were all perfect..we'd get nowhere. We have to go through shit to actually call it life. Sounds stupid, but we have problems because its a test.

Be not afraid of greatness; some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

[Emerald Dream] if I had a 30 minute orgasm, I would probably need to sleep for a week

~Stevennn

*Ali*
Old July 2nd, 2010, 10:26 PM   #71
ForgetMeNot
Junior Member+

ForgetMeNot's Forum Picture

Name: Gabrielle

All I need to say is "I'm on Prozac" and everyone gets the picture. I jsut started it this week, and have been going to my psychiatrist for a couple weeks now.
Old August 7th, 2010, 10:06 AM   #72
spirowilliam
Banned

Name: spirowilliam
Default Re: Depression - Getting Help

In the depression person need the love and warm relation to come out from it. It is require to know about the symptoms of the depression and require to get the solution of it.
Old September 28th, 2010, 09:44 PM   #73
KodieBear

KodieBear's Forum Picture

Name: Cody

the atypical depression sounds exactly like me. ive tried to tell my parents but they wont listen. the refuse to believe i could have something like that which is just insane because my older sister has depression and shes 10x more happier and social than i am. how can i convince my parents that i need help with depression?

"I cant give you what you think you gave me. Its time to say goodbye to turning tables."
-Adele

HAI IM KODA!
[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]
I put on a fake smile for the ones that want to see it. The rest of the time I lay in bed, hiding myself from reality.
Old October 5th, 2010, 08:17 PM   #74
mranderson

mranderson's Forum Picture

Name: colton

this has helped alot thank u
Old October 18th, 2010, 06:40 PM   #75
hybrid

hybrid's Forum Picture

Please stop Diagnosing yourselves. This is the internet, we're not trained psychologists, nor do you necessarily have depression if your situation seemingly matches the symptoms here.

Sorry. Just needed to say that in big red letters.
Old October 28th, 2010, 01:17 AM   #76
insanity
Member++

insanity's Forum Picture

This helps alot I never knew much about my depression or anything before I read this as I am always to scared to reach out and get help :/
Old November 8th, 2010, 04:09 AM   #77
kevinchaapel
Banned

Default Re: Depression - Getting Help

Depression is a mood that is characterized by a negative sense of inadequacy and lack of visual activity. Although medications can relieve symptoms of depression, studies show that other treatments, including exercise and therapy can be as effective, if not more. Moreover, they do not come with unwanted side effects.
Old November 9th, 2010, 09:04 AM   #78
wrightfisher
Banned

Name: wrightfisher

Although separate from symptoms that most new parents experience depression is challenging, but telling signs.
1.worthless or guilty feelings
2. fatigue
3.trouble sleeping or over-sleeping
4.weight loss or gain
5.sad mood
Old November 23rd, 2010, 06:41 PM   #79
RockstarRocks
Junior Member+

I have depression. I dont feel that it is as easy to heal as a broken leg. I do agree that it takes time. I was never diagnosed with depression. I no that I have it though. I no all about depression. I read about it. I have the symtoms. I had it sense I was 8. Im 16 now. I believe that it never goes away. The only thing to do is to learn to cope with it. If it does go away. I believe it can come back easy sense u had it before its so easy to fall back into it. I cope with it better and did that on my own. I will always be sad but I can cope with go with life and be sad. Yes it is hard everyday. Im always makeing plans everyday to not get down and nothing works. Sometimes im suprised im even still hear. But i will never leave i no i have a purpuse. And so does everyone else. yes im sad but i can get back up and keep trying. All i can do is cope with it but thats the best i can get.Sorry if im bringing anyone down but thats how i feel.
Old November 27th, 2010, 05:45 AM   #80
Harley Quinn
Puddin'

Harley Quinn's Forum Picture

Name: Siobhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockstarRocks View Post
I have depression. I dont feel that it is as easy to heal as a broken leg. I do agree that it takes time. I was never diagnosed with depression. I no that I have it though. I no all about depression. I read about it. I have the symtoms. I had it sense I was 8. Im 16 now. I believe that it never goes away. The only thing to do is to learn to cope with it. If it does go away. I believe it can come back easy sense u had it before its so easy to fall back into it. I cope with it better and did that on my own. I will always be sad but I can cope with go with life and be sad. Yes it is hard everyday. Im always makeing plans everyday to not get down and nothing works. Sometimes im suprised im even still hear. But i will never leave i no i have a purpuse. And so does everyone else. yes im sad but i can get back up and keep trying. All i can do is cope with it but thats the best i can get.Sorry if im bringing anyone down but thats how i feel.
Everyone has a purpose, it just takes some time to find it. But once you do, you'll realise that everything you're going through will get a lot better. It doesn't go away, you're right, but it can get a lot easier to cope with, and nothing, i repeat, nothing is worth taking your life over. It's hard to understand that, it took me awhile, but i'm glad that i finally did understand it. You need to keep think positively, and keep trying to distract and find some things to do that make you happy. It can be anything at all that's good, as long as it helps you that's all that matters, you are your own future, and you decide what you do with it. There's nothing wrong with letting your feelings out, infact it's a good thing, don't ever think it's wrong.

Be not afraid of greatness; some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

[Emerald Dream] if I had a 30 minute orgasm, I would probably need to sleep for a week

~Stevennn

*Ali*
Closed Thread