Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 24th, 2009, 01:32 AM   #21
rainbowveins

rainbowveins's Forum Picture

Name: Megan
Default Re: Read this -> What is Anorexia Nervosa and Bulimia

I am anorexic and once bulimic as well, but I care just enough about my internal organs to give up laxative abuse; it really messed up my insides.
I'm small, but not small enough. I am 87lbs [or I was two weeks ago] and still working on it.

i will be your accident if you will be my ambulance...

I'm friendly so don't be too shy to PM me if you'd like to chat.

♀♀ - P R I D E -
rainbowveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2010, 05:09 PM   #22
SmileyGirl
Junior Member+

Name: Wouldn't you love to know

Ok, I'm sorry if this is a stupid question or if somebody already asked but what is the difference between anorexia nervosa and anorexia or are they the same thing?
SmileyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2010, 09:35 PM   #23
Zeh Crazy
Member+

Zeh Crazy's Forum Picture

I have struggled with being overweight all my life. When I hit 7th grade, I started doing very strict diets...It took me 2 years to lose 40 pounds...Eating 300 calories a day. This year, I gained back every single pound and more...I am so ashamed of myself. Sometimes I will go without eating a thing for 3 days and then I'll binge for a week. I hate myself. I hate my body. I will never be thin. So everyday I fail, I always tell myself I won't eat for a couple of days and sometimes I can pull it off. Starving, in some masochistic form, makes me feel strong, lithe, invincible. I love that feeling. It makes me feel great, like I have self-discipline...until the next day when my body is shaking, I'm about to dry heave, and I am so...so hungry. I just hate myself so much when I give in...I die inside.
Zeh Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2010, 05:40 AM   #24
helboy
Banned

Name: helboy

Anorexia nevosa is an eat disorder characterized by the maintain a healty body weight.Which may be maintained by various cognitive biases after to the affected individual thinks of the body.AN is a serious illness withe a high incidence of the highest mortality rate of phychiatric disorder.I have a try the changes my thoughts and behaviours to eat like a normal person but i am always fail.
helboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2010, 10:15 AM   #25
georgiamay
Awesome Poster

georgiamay's Forum Picture

Name: Georgia

i dont think i have an eating disorder, but i count calories. i keep a mental log. i dont stop eating, or throw up after i've eaten, but if i eat something with a lot of calories, i feel so guilty. i've worked out that today i've already eaten 300 calories, and i dont want to eat more, but i know i will, because my parents always want a sit down meal at dinner, so i cant get out of that. i dont want an ED, and i dont think i'll develop one, but is it normal to count calories, and feel really guilty and fat if you eat more than a certain amount? :l
georgiamay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2010, 10:20 AM   #26
dbrkk

dbrkk's Forum Picture

Name: Derek

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiamay View Post
i dont think i have an eating disorder, but i count calories. i keep a mental log. i dont stop eating, or throw up after i've eaten, but if i eat something with a lot of calories, i feel so guilty. i've worked out that today i've already eaten 300 calories, and i dont want to eat more, but i know i will, because my parents always want a sit down meal at dinner, so i cant get out of that. i dont want an ED, and i dont think i'll develop one, but is it normal to count calories, and feel really guilty and fat if you eat more than a certain amount? :l
That sounds a lot like the very beginning of an ED. You're right, it isn't "technically" classified as anorexia or bulimia, but regardless, you should still address it before it becomes a bigger problem. It's actually better to identify it now rather than when you have a full-blown ED. Is there someone that you really trust that you can go talk to? I really think you should try and find help before you're stuck in the absolute HELL that is an ED.
dbrkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2010, 10:47 AM   #27
BeautifulDisaster
Nice Poster

BeautifulDisaster's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyGirl View Post
Ok, I'm sorry if this is a stupid question or if somebody already asked but what is the difference between anorexia nervosa and anorexia or are they the same thing?
Anorexia is a medical definition which means loss of appetite.

Anorexia Nervosa is the term for the Eating Disorder.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

In a world where you can be anything, be yourself.
BeautifulDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2010, 01:32 AM   #28
rosesteven23
Banned

Name: rosesteven23

Anorexia Nervosa and Bulimia is cause due to refusal to maintain a healthy body weight.
The information by you about disorder is very useful. Many people don't know about this disorder.
I am sure this post will helpful to such people.
rosesteven23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2010, 02:07 AM   #29
BeautifulDisaster
Nice Poster

BeautifulDisaster's Forum Picture

It's a hell of a lot more than just that.
It's a mental health illness, weight is only the surface of this illness.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

In a world where you can be anything, be yourself.
BeautifulDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2010, 09:02 AM   #30
wrightfisher
Banned

Name: wrightfisher

Anorexia nervosa is an eating disorder in which the victim is going through self starvation . Some of the behaviors shown signs of people suffering from anorexia are just eating, fear of fat, and heavy exercise.Bulimia is another form of eating disorder where the victim goes through periods of binge eating followed by induced vomiting. Some behavioral symptoms of these individuals include binge eating, eating in secret visits to the toilet after meals, and use of diet pills.
wrightfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2010, 07:49 AM   #31
amelia.john011
Banned

Name: amelia.john011

When you have been brainwashed by anorexia, even if you eat well, you have the mental illnes for life. I think if you were strong enough to recover, you will have the courage to continue on this path. Just keep telling yourself that you feel much better that way, think of things that have changed in your life and you have been happier when you get, and most importantly - to tell you that you have had the courage to recover for a while and you will never be blinded again.
amelia.john011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2010, 09:31 AM   #32
alfordalvin
Banned

Name: alfordalvin

Anorexia nervosa is an eating disorder in which the victim is going through self-starvation. Some of the behaviors shown signs of people suffering from anorexia are just eating, fear of fat, and heavy exercise.
alfordalvin is offline   Reply With Quote