Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Notices

Old October 25th, 2010, 05:06 PM   #1
Beats

Beats's Forum Picture

Name: Trent.
Cool Depression?

I'm ADHD, And whenever I go a long time without my meds, It makes me feel very depressed. Does this happen to anyone else???
I take Concerta.
Beats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2010, 09:24 PM   #2
Haven

Haven's Forum Picture

Name: Wayne :D
Default Re: Depression?

I have a friend who takes Concerta (at least I think? ), and if he even tries to stop taking it for a while, his body and his moods change so rapidly it's scary. I can't say for certain whether or not this is why, but chances are the same basic concept happens as it would if a chain smoker decided they don't want to smoke and quit cold-turkey. Our bodies get to a point where they're addicted to the drugs we're taking - whether it be concerta, tobacco, caffeine, etc. - and as we try to take away these drugs, we're practically removing their 'source' that they've been thriving off of for months or even years. If that makes any sense at all, which I hope it does. So by stopping your medication, especially something like that which helps with your ADHD and helps stabilize your mood, you're bound to experience both withdrawal and mild to extreme changes in how you behave.

Your body becomes dependent on the medication your taking, and when it experiences an abrupt change such as that, it's going to have some adverse affects to your body as a whole. I wouldn't be all that worried about it, but I'd definitely try to remember to routinely take your medication so that you can avoid experiencing depression-like symptoms. Or if you don't really want to be taking it anymore, then try talking to your doctor about the best ways to ease off the drug with little to no disturbances to your mood. But either way, best thing to do would be to consult a professional before altering your intake of medication in any way or even if you just have questions like this which they should be able to answer in a more high-tech, super lengthy way. good luck though.

Did I waste too much time, did you make up your mind?

Last edited by Haven; October 28th, 2010 at 09:27 PM.
Haven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2010, 11:13 PM   #3
lonely girl

Name: Sarah

dude, ttly. every time. ive been on like... 20 different medicines, everytime i stop or change... i just kinda disappear.
lonely girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2010, 11:19 AM   #4
closed
Nice Poster

closed's Forum Picture

Well, this isn't rare, but if it bothers you consult your doctor (better be safe than sorry). But think that ADHD is very common, and also the use of Concerta. If it had a major problem then i'm sure everyone would know it.
Good Luck
closed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2010, 01:00 PM   #5
Rick's_Rodeo_Girl

Rick's_Rodeo_Girl's Forum Picture

Name: Devin

Quote:
Certain Concerta withdrawal symptoms can include, but are not limited to:
•Extreme fatigue (tiredness)
•Depression
•Unusual behavior.