Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old March 1st, 2011, 03:19 PM   #1
MyRedHeadWorld
Junior Member+

MyRedHeadWorld's Forum Picture

Name: Zoe
Red face I think Ive got OCD? But do I??

Right, when I was little, I use to check my bag, Over and over again, BELIVING That something was missing, something was gone? and I'de panic if I didnt, My mum said "Stop checking your bag, its like you've got OCD" And that stuck in my mind...Im now 13, and I have some friends who have it, and they told me there symptoms, and I thought "Oh, really? theres alot of symptoms" so I decided to look it up, see what else there is, maybe I did have it? I looked up the symptoms and to my suprise, there were things there that I did that I thought were perfectly normal, not symptoms of OCD? I count my foot steps evenly for each foot, then switch and do the same amount on each foot or else its weird? If Something touches the palm of my right hand, It has to on the left on to or I FREAK! Same with my left foot, or right leg, if its done on one side of my body, it has to be done the other side or I FREAK! I come up with little scences of bad things in my head from such small things and then panic!! Obbsesse over it...If something feels of balence (I cant think of an example) Then i start obbsessing, and I beggin to have a miny panic inside...I once screamed at my mum for not doing doing sank cause it felt 'wrong' in my opinion.

Theres more and I didnt describe it that great but I think I might :/
If anyone knows, Or knows somewhere I could go to find out, Please comment
MyRedHeadWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2011, 04:05 PM   #2
georgiamay
Awesome Poster

georgiamay's Forum Picture

Name: Georgia
Default Re: I think Ive got OCD? But do I??

You have described symptoms of OCD, but no one here can diagnose you.

It might be worth going to see your GP to get their opinion. If they think it's necessary, they might refer you to a psychiatrist to get a diagnosis, but that's if they think you do have OCD.
georgiamay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2011, 12:12 PM   #3
Spook
Awesome Poster

Spook's Forum Picture

Name: Caitlin
Default Re: I think Ive got OCD? But do I??

Woohoo this is my 50th post! Anyways, I have been suffering from OCD, and so far from what you have explained, it does sound like that. Similar things have happened to me, and medication and therapy helped me for a while. A thing that helped me was to picture a "monster" that was telling me what to do. Over time, if you try hard to resist the monster, you will see that bad things WONT happen if you don't do certain things. I learned that when I worked hard. Good luck and best wishes, Caitlin

Spook is offline   Reply With Quote