Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 27th, 2011, 11:39 AM   #1
ihateocd

Default Please help me :(((((

Okay, so I've beem diagonosed with OCD recently, about a month ago. I'm taking 50 mg of Zoloft, because my doctor wants to gtradually increase it. But, i've noticed it hasn't helped me much at all. It did in the beggining, but now not at all. I'm back to my other obsessions, which were:

-I worry about being lesbian, and liking girls, when I know I like guys. I've dated guys in the past, and I have a best friend that i hang out with all the time. And so then I worried that because I like to hang out with her and that i love her, being shes my best friend that i "like" her, when I dont. Then I have pictures of us in my room, and so I worry that i'm obsessed with her because i'm having these thoughts and pictures of us in my room. Does anyone have thoughts like these? I've had similar thoughts before, but idk i hate this it seems like theres no hope at all.

-I also used to worry about my house being haunted, and going to hell and things like that, but I go to church and I worship god so this doesnt make any sense.

PLEASE help mee
ihateocd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2011, 01:57 PM   #2
Syvelocin
Ocean Soul

Syvelocin's Forum Picture

Name: Rith
Default Re: Please help me :(((((

Meds are difficult. It's a long, grueling process getting you situated on meds. You get put on this medication, and you should stay on it continuously, then the doctors will up or lower the dosage accordingly. It will take a long time to get your meds squared away. You just have to keep with it, and tell your doctor about your concerns. You might want to tell them that they've come back, so they can either direct you to continue taking it or they might up the dosage.

And I'm sorry I didn't build your walls. And I'm sorry I had to go and fall.
And I'm sorry I had the whole thing wrong. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
And I'm sorry that you are feeling small. And I'm sorry that I'm not used to crawling.
And I'm sorry the writing's on the wall. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
Syvelocin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2011, 02:55 PM   #3
Dunce
Nice Poster

Dunce's Forum Picture

Name: Aoife

God, I have like all the symptoms you described O_o
You could mention it to your GP, but the reason he's increasing your dose is because the small dose you're taking will soon not be enough.
Dunce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2011, 09:11 AM   #4
Spook
Awesome Poster

Spook's Forum Picture

Name: Caitlin

I normally post in the OCD threads because I can relate...so I take Zoloft as well for my OCD, and sometimes it will stop working. As teens grow, normally the medication dosage isn't enough. Talk to your doctor about upping your dosage if you think that that is the problem. If not, Zoloft may not work for you. Anyways, I don't think that it is much of a problem to wonder about your sexuality, and I personally don't relate it to OCD, unless it becomes a major obsession. As for thoughts about going to hell, I have had thoughts saying "I hate god" and I am very religious as well. Think of it this way- it is the devil speaking in your mind-it isn't your thoughts. That is what helped me. PM me if you want to talk. Take care

Spook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2011, 11:24 AM   #5
Nevermore
Nice Poster

Nevermore's Forum Picture

Name: Sammy <3

The docs put me on Zoloft and Abilify, and made me stop concerta since I was losing too much weight. I'm on 100 mg Zoloft and they are increasing mine again. However meds take at least 6 to 8 weeks to get in your system and work right, so give 'em a chance. However definately speak to your doctor about your concerns. Good luck! <3

Charlie Girl and Ichigo are my Wiccan sisers
Animal Luverrr is my lil sis <3
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote