Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

View Poll Results: do you do what is is asked in this topic?
yes 6 54.55%
no 5 45.45%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 16th, 2005, 07:26 PM   #1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Default plz read and answer this

is counting stuff, makign things into equations, and turning everything into a number or pattern when yur bored an ocd?
Old March 16th, 2005, 10:13 PM   #2
Blahages
Nice Poster

If it's just something you do when you're bored, then it's very unlikely. It's when it gets to a point where you're doing it all the time, for no reason whatsoever, although it may appear that there is a reason.

And, usually, there's more to OCD then just one thing like counting.

If you like, here are some links with information about OCD.

http://www.mentalhealthchannel.net/ocd/symptoms.shtml
http://www.brainphysics.com/ocd/list.html
http://my.webmd.com/hw/anxiety_panic...ers/ty3382.asp

So, unless more then just the counting applies to you, that is in those articles above, I wouldn't worry about OCD, as you probably don't have it.

- Bill
Blahages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2005, 11:25 PM   #3
Anonymous
Unregistered

not only whenever im bored but when i dont have something else to o at that immediate time
Old March 17th, 2005, 02:12 AM   #4
<-Dying_to_Live->
VT Lover

<-Dying_to_Live->'s Forum Picture

u do ot have ocd
<-Dying_to_Live-> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2005, 02:44 AM   #5
Anonymous
Unregistered

ok thx
Old March 19th, 2005, 11:45 PM   #6
Blahages
Nice Poster

Yeah, it just sounds like you're doing something to prevent yourself from being bored. It doesn't sound like OCD.

- Bill
Blahages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2005, 07:56 PM   #7
monkeylover

I have to say that that is a sign of OCD and if you want to see an example to campare what you do to what the actual symptom watch the movie Camp. That is where I learned counting things and then doing the rest of the steps was OCD.
monkeylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2005, 01:11 AM   #8
RunAwayMolly
Great Poster

RunAwayMolly's Forum Picture

it is but i wouldnt go as far as saying its a disorder... its those things that everyone does... ocd or not...

To win the respect of intelegent people and the affection of children, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch... to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is too have SUCCEEDED! - Emerson

<3 Molly Olly Oxen Free!
RunAwayMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2005, 10:59 PM   #9
Pink-Floyd
Nice Poster

Pink-Floyd's Forum Picture

I think I Have OCD to, Its really really annoying

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...2006/DSOTM.jpg I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon
Pink-Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2006, 10:38 AM   #10
cj7

My friend has OCD pretty bad, and that's how she first started with OCD. She would just start adding up stuff like how many hours are in a year and stuff like that. Then she started counting tons of other stuff. So then her mother took her a counciler and they found out it was the begining of OCD.
cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 06:07 PM   #11
Shaolin
Awesome Poster

Default Re: plz read and answer this

It doesn't appear to be that pervasive. Someone who suffers from OCD may experiance these obsessive thoughts on a regular basis and they interfer with the persons life so much that say they find it hard to get to work because they are counting 300 times a day. It can be very severe.

What your explaining could be little more than the work of a budding mathematician. If it interfers with your life so much it's causing you alot of stress and so on, maybe then it would be a good idea to see a doctor about it.

If not, then i can only see benefits in doing equations when your bored.

If anyone wants immediate advice don\'t hestitate to contact to me on AIM (AOL instant messenger) - aim: vodkasmodka

Eccentric! Not egocentric!
Shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2006, 08:08 PM   #12
RunAwayMolly
Great Poster

RunAwayMolly's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj7
My friend has OCD pretty bad, and that's how she first started with OCD. She would just start adding up stuff like how many hours are in a year and stuff like that. Then she started counting tons of other stuff. So then her mother took her a counciler and they found out it was the begining of OCD.
Oh yeah... then you throw in the numbers you end up not liking and you have to avoid those numbers as much as possible... and you have to look to each number to make sure they dont add up to those... ack yeah... not fun.

To win the respect of intelegent people and the affection of children, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch... to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is too have SUCCEEDED! - Emerson

<3 Molly Olly Oxen Free!
RunAwayMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2006, 06:51 PM   #13
Aηdy
Banned

Aηdy's Forum Picture

Name: Andy

please dont bring old topics back from the past. i know cj7 your a new member here but just for the future dont do this again please!
Aηdy is offline   Reply With Quote