Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old November 5th, 2005, 06:54 PM   #1
Pink-Floyd
Nice Poster

Pink-Floyd's Forum Picture

Default OCD Or Not?

I dont no if this is OCD or not, Usally I have to do things in Doubles or fourtimes like If i scratch my cheeck I have to do it lke 4 times on each cheeck, And I always Look at my teeth and I Have to Brush if there not clean, And My SHoes, I always have to put my shoes so there touching anything, there all straight next eachother, And Some other things..

Do u no whats wrong with me, The Thing where I have to things in 2's and fours is really annoying, Sometimes I do 4x4, And its not just my cheeck its like everything i really touch???

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...2006/DSOTM.jpg I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon
Pink-Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2005, 06:57 PM   #2
Pink-Floyd
Nice Poster

Oh And Ialways have to have my boxers in the rightn place when im trying to get to sleep others wise im sitting there for hours try to oput in the right play around me? Oh and when my hands are dirty I cant wipe them on my hands or i have to change my shirt completely, there are other stuff that i do but i cant remember right now... DO I HAVE OCD!??

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...2006/DSOTM.jpg I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon
Old November 5th, 2005, 10:58 PM   #3
Pink-Floyd
Nice Poster

CaN aNyone Help, I Made this A day ago

Old November 7th, 2005, 09:35 AM   #4
kolte
I am: I am

kolte's Forum Picture

Name: Matt

ok please head my words. What are you worried about, ocd, a commen mispercetption. is it really that scary? Becasue you enjoy things a certin way? I don't think so, its somthing that people get to hyped about. My ocd is very laxed at the moment, I'm a very normal person, I enjoy normal things that other people do. unless your in a constant state of anxiety then you have nothing to worry about. Do I think you have ocd? No, I'm not going to lable you right now, that wouldnt be right. To many people think that their is somthing wrong with them when their normal. labeling them only makes it worse.

""The New Law of Righteousness," that there "shall be no buying or selling, no fairs nor markets, but the whole earth shall be a common treasury for every man," and "there shall be none Lord over others, but every one shall be a Lord of himself.""
kolte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2005, 10:04 PM   #5
serial-thrilla
VT Lover

its possible, i had it sort of like that but worse a few years ago before i went on meds.
serial-thrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2005, 10:13 PM   #6
Pink-Floyd
Nice Poster

Well What i do Is the most annoying thing ever!

Old November 7th, 2005, 10:34 PM   #7
serial-thrilla
VT Lover

trust me yours is nothing.
Old November 8th, 2005, 06:17 PM   #8
Pink-Floyd
Nice Poster

So I Dont Have it or??

Old November 8th, 2005, 06:19 PM   #9
kolte
I am: I am

kolte's Forum Picture

Name: Matt

I don't think you do. and the more you say you do the more likely you are. so don't say you are, don't think about. stop labeling everything.

""The New Law of Righteousness," that there "shall be no buying or selling, no fairs nor markets, but the whole earth shall be a common treasury for every man," and "there shall be none Lord over others, but every one shall be a Lord of himself.""
kolte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2005, 06:26 PM   #10
JackAT

I don't claim to be an expert on any of this stuff, but I've studied it quite a bit and I think I can offer some useful information.

In general, OCD is extremely rare. What Freud called 'anal retentive' is much more common (though it's not really proven at all that it is a result of what he said it's a result of).

What you're doing could indicate that you do have true OCD and it could develop into other things. I think you should do your best to stop it now while you easily can (in comparison to later). And the more you think of yourself as OC, the more likely you will become OC. I think that's what koler's getting at by telling you to stop labelling yourself.

Though, he apparently does not think it's important to stop the things you're doing now. Like I said, I'm not an expert and I do not have any personal experience, but I do know that OCD can still develop even if you're not "labelling" yourself. I also know that OCD can become very detrimental to a person's life. I've heard some very disturbing stories about people with OCD and you may have heard worse. Off the top of my head, I can think of a guy who would get up every morning and leave for work. Before he could leave, though, he would walk around every tree in his yard three times.

My in-expert advice: Don't label yourself. Don't think of yourself as OCD. Don't think of these oddities as products of OCD or the development of OCD. Think of them as little habits that you want to get rid of and do so. How do you do that? That's hard to say. If you can, see a behaviorist psychologist. If not, the internet is your friend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_...ltiple_orgasms Men can experience multiple orgasms.

god im gay
JackAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2006, 10:36 PM   #11
randomdude222

Default Re: OCD Or Not?

sorry man probably. i used to have it bad. i took meds and went to a frikin theripast. im better now. but its still a little minor OCD. once u have it it isnt as bad as u think. i would see a therapist or doctor if it gets to the point where u dont want to live with it. hope i helped. i cant think right now im tired
randomdude222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 05:28 PM   #12
Shaolin
Awesome Poster

Default Re: OCD Or Not?

I wrote an essay on this earlier...

OCD is a pervasive and intrusive anxiety disorder. Most people experiance what we call obsessions, which are intrusive thoughts about a particular thing in that persons life. For example, before leaving the house many people often check they have locked all the windows...

The difference between whats considered 'normal' and a clinically diagnosable disorder like OCD is the pervasive nature of the disorder. People suffering from OCD can check their windows 200 times before they can leave their house, they may wash their hands 200 times a day until they are bloody raw in fear of germs.

Obsessions are intrusive thoughts that intefer with the persons life. For example -

"James believes that his cheeks are covered in radiation from the use of his mobile phone (obsession). He knows that this thought is completly irrational, but he can't stop himself from scratching his face (compulsion) 50 times each time the radiation thought occurs as it appears to relieve the anxiety created from this obsession. James has had to recieve medical treatment for his facial scarring on numerous occasions."

Many people have obsessions, and i can't tell you wehter you have a disorder or not, thats upto a doctor to decide, but don't get too worried about it unless your face starts bleeding. A good step to take would be to assert with yourself that its irrational when you do it, and remember everyone experiances thoughts they don't agree with, so you don't have ot agree with them either.

If you feel immense anxiety when not performing this ritual of scratching your face, you should try stress relief techniques, such as deep breathing (in out, all the way to the bottom of your lungs and all out your lungs - that sort of stuff).

If your anxiety persists and these obsessions interfer with your day to day living, for example your face becomes damaged, or you have to spend hours each day doing it, i highly recommend you consult a mental health practicioner.

If anyone wants immediate advice don\'t hestitate to contact to me on AIM (AOL instant messenger) - aim: vodkasmodka

Eccentric! Not egocentric!
Shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2005, 09:21 PM   #13
Pink-Floyd
Nice Poster

I guess, But I can't stop these things are really really annoying me, I have to touch everything 4 times, And I even had to have footsteps for me to be comfortable

Old November 30th, 2005, 10:03 PM   #14
serial-thrilla
VT Lover

that sounds like something that happends if you have ocd but if thats it then dont worry about it.
Old November 30th, 2005, 11:38 PM   #15
Pink-Floyd
Nice Poster

Sorry I ment to put "Even Footsteps*

Old February 16th, 2006, 01:08 PM   #16
Not a Teen anymore

Sid-Vicious, what you are describing is not enough to be considered OCD, but rather having OCD tendencies. The only difference between these is the severity and number of your 'problems'. The same treatments are effective, and it should (not will) be easier to control with treatment.
Not a Teen anymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2006, 10:40 AM   #17
cj7

I have a little bit of ocd and that's is exactly how I am with it. I'm very good with English because everything has to be perfect. When I kiss my boyfriend I have to kiss him an even amount of times. If I touch one side of my leg then I have to touch the other leg. Everything has to be even. If someone has ocd really bad, then everything has to be even, perfect,and really really clean. Watch the show, "MONK".
cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote