Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old March 8th, 2018, 01:03 PM   #1
becca03

Name: Becca
Unhappy Nervous about locker room

Hi! My nameís Becca and Iím new here, but I have a problem I need help with. In a couple of weeks weíre going to do swimming in my gym class. Iím excited because it should be a lot of fun and itís different from the normal stuff weíve been doing in gym for years. They also mix up the classes for swimming, so Iíll be with just girls.

But Iím a little nervous about the locker room. Right now we have to change for our normal gym class and for sports, but thatís just down to our bra and panties normally. I usually put on a sports bra for both and compression shorts for sports, but there are ways to hide that in the locker room. Most people donít shower after regular gym class and JV sports (Iím only a freshman) and there are stalls with curtains for girls who do.

Apparently things change when we do swimming and use the pool locker room. Obviously we have to take all of our clothes off to put on swimsuits (theyíre one pieces owned by the school, by the way), but I guess we also have to shower before and after we use the pool. The shower before is in or swimsuits, I guess, but some people get naked for the shower after. And apparently itís all open showers with no stalls. The only stalls are around the toilets and weíre not allowed to use them to change.

Iím really nervous that Iím going to be under or overdeveloped compared to the other girls or that Iím going to stand out. Do you have any advise for fitting in. In a locker room like this? I think I need to find away to overcome my fears because Iíve heard the locker room for varsity sports is the same way and some teams require showers.
becca03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2018, 01:13 PM   #2
EvaNL
Member++

EvaNL's Forum Picture

Name: Eva
Default Re: Nervous about locker room

You'll see that girls come in all sorts and sizes. Everyone has flaws and will stand out in some way or other. Or another way to look at it: everyone is good the way they are, including you.
Advise for fitting in: get undressed, shower quickly, get dry and get dressed. That's what everyone will do. Don't focus (too much) on others; just do what you're there to do: shower.
And don't overthink it. They're just people. They won't bite

I'm les, feel free to contact me
EvaNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2018, 03:02 PM   #3
Jordan99
Nice Poster

Jordan99's Forum Picture

Name: Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaNL View Post
You'll see that girls come in all sorts and sizes. Everyone has flaws and will stand out in some way or other. Or another way to look at it: everyone is good the way they are, including you.
Advise for fitting in: get undressed, shower quickly, get dry and get dressed. That's what everyone will do. Don't focus (too much) on others; just do what you're there to do: shower.
And don't overthink it. They're just people. They won't bite
Perfectly stated. All the girls will be a little anxious and uncertain so just know that nearly all the girls will feel and be thinking the same as you. The first time I went to a nude beach I was so nervous but after about 5 minutes I realized it was no big deal and I actually became very comfortable not only seeing others and being seen but actually had conversations with both girls and boys, men and women and it was perfectly normal and natural. You'll get over it more quickly than you might think. Good luck
Jordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2018, 08:43 AM   #4
becca03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan99 View Post
All the girls will be a little anxious and uncertain so just know that nearly all the girls will feel and be thinking the same as you.
You're right. We were all anxious and uncertain at first but we all realized we're in the same boat and we just got over it.

We had spring break last week (late lol it sucked) but we're back to regular gym this week. Even though we dont have to shower now, about half of us still are. Before when we used the stall showers in the regular gym locker room we wouldn't take off our underwear before we got in the shower and we would hide under towels. Now most of us dont care and go to the showers naked and get ready after naked. It just seems more normal.

The one thing I still need to try is showering with one of my sports teams. I'm not on a varisty team yet so we dont have to shower after games and practices and stuff yet, but Im really nervous about showering with the older girls. Im worried they would make fun of me.
Old April 19th, 2018, 08:17 PM   #5
Brigje
Member++

Brigje's Forum Picture

Name: Birgit (but family and friends call me Brigje)

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca03 View Post
You're right. We were all anxious and uncertain at first but we all realized we're in the same boat and we just got over it.

We had spring break last week (late lol it sucked) but we're back to regular gym this week. Even though we dont have to shower now, about half of us still are. Before when we used the stall showers in the regular gym locker room we wouldn't take off our underwear before we got in the shower and we would hide under towels. Now most of us dont care and go to the showers naked and get ready after naked. It just seems more normal.

The one thing I still need to try is showering with one of my sports teams. I'm not on a varisty team yet so we dont have to shower after games and practices and stuff yet, but Im really nervous about showering with the older girls. Im worried they would make fun of me.
Don't worry about the older girls, I am sure they won't make any fun of you.
They have also been in the same boat and maybe even more respectful about young girls than your own classmates.

Love is the answer .... but while I am waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty interesting questions.
Brigje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2018, 07:19 AM   #6
nudiegurl13

Quote:

I do the same thing with stall showers. I don't mind open ones but if they're full at my gym (I go there for the pool) I'll go in the stalls. I'll either take it off before the shower and walk there and back naked or I'll take it off in the shower and still walk back naked. The only thing that's slightly embarrassing is that my nipples are all crinkly because I'm cold after swimming but a lot of others also have the chilly crinkly nipple problem so it's not too bad.

I don't think they'll make fun of you. You all have the same parts, only difference is boob size, nipple color, pubes, etc. I've showered around a lot of girls and no one has ever commented negatively on each other's bodies.
nudiegurl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2018, 06:06 AM   #7
Stacie014

Name: Stacie

Quote:

The older girls won't say anything! My friend and I both play basketball and I was really nervous about showering with the older girls b/c our gym is just open showers no stalls. I'm pretty well developed, but my friend has no boobs and no butt. She was more confident than I was! She stripped off naked and walked across the entire room to the showers without a towel or anything. Everyone acted completely normal, so I do the same thing now. A few of the older girls walk to and from the showers naked too. We're all teammates!
Stacie014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2018, 05:16 PM   #8
PrincessCassie

PrincessCassie's Forum Picture

Name: Cassie

I was shy too when I was younger but I eventually got over it. Most of the other girls probably feel similar to you to be honest. And if you have friends in the class, that might make you feel more comfortable. Once you do it a few times, you might realize that its not as bad as you think.
PrincessCassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2018, 06:37 PM   #9
Madison519

Name: Maddie

I know exactly how you feel. The first few times can be intimidating. Most everyone feels the same, especially if you're not from a large family. But eventually you realize that although everyone is different, we're really all the same too. And that nobody really cares all that much in the end.
Madison519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2018, 07:54 PM   #10
Tayler
Member+

Tayler's Forum Picture

Name: Tayler

I can guarantee you, you are not the only girl in your class feeling this way and who is nervous. Try not to think about being naked. Just donwhat you hsve to do as quickly as you can and get dressed. Bottom line is, you are in that locker room with other girls who are going through the exact same thing as you. You are beautiful just the way you are and you shouldn’t be comparing yourself to anyone else.

Last edited by Tayler; March 10th, 2018 at 12:21 AM.
Tayler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2018, 08:06 PM   #11
hayley2003
Member++

hayley2003's Forum Picture

Name: Hayley

i remember some girls being like that in 6th grade PE class, but that was two years ago. girls really don't seem to embarrassed now except maybe a couple of girls who are kinda late developing and are just getting pubes. must girls i know had pubes by 12, some girls had pubes in the 4th grade. i start growing pubes when i was 11, and i thought it made me look lots more mature and meant i could have sex (someday).
hayley2003 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2018, 03:28 AM   #12
LITTLEANGEL17
Awesome Poster

LITTLEANGEL17's Forum Picture

Name: Angela - Angie

Welcome to a great site Becca hope you enjoy your stay, As I am a naturist being nude in the locker room /showers at school and the swimming pool, I have have seen lots who would try to hide their bits as much as possible, They would be all ages and in all various stages of puberty. So Becca as the other girls have said DONT worry about it I don't know what age you are but as you get older it will get easier, As I said having seen lots of girls go from being very shy to being very open about being seen naked. Don't worry we all have the same bits and am sure there are many others the in the same position as you. Just try not let it get to you. I hope all goes well for you

**** No Profile - No Posts - DONT Send Friend Request ****

**** BE NAKED - BE FREE ****

**** SMOOTH IS BEST ****
**** TAKE CARE EVERYONE ****
**** LEZ GIRL 17 ****
LITTLEANGEL17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2018, 05:23 AM   #13
Sina-B
Banned

Name: Sina

Do not worry, every girl looks different and has her own style of clothing. Just be how you are and how you feel good.
Sina-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2018, 07:16 AM   #14
Alexis16
Member+

Alexis16's Forum Picture

Name: Alexis

It's natural to be nervous and shy. Hopefully you learn to be comfortable and confident with your body once you've done it. Guaranteed other girls are thinking the same thing
Alexis16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2018, 07:20 AM   #15
becca03

Thank you all for the kind words so far. I guess I have a few more questions. How long did it take for you to be comfortable changing and/or showering in front of all the other girls? If most people shower naked after is it okay for me to shower in my swimsuit? Did you ever change under a dress or a big t-shirt or a towel? Did you have any private stalls to try showering in or was it all open? Should I practice showering in the private stalls of the regular locker room?

Sorry for all the questions. I’m just nervous and want to be as prepared as possible.
Old March 9th, 2018, 11:22 AM   #16
PrincessCassie

PrincessCassie's Forum Picture

Name: Cassie

Quote:
Thank you all for the kind words so far. I guess I have a few more questions. How long did it take for you to be comfortable changing and/or showering in front of all the other girls? If most people shower naked after is it okay for me to shower in my swimsuit? Did you ever change under a dress or a big t-shirt or a towel? Did you have any private stalls to try showering in or was it all open? Should I practice showering in the private stalls of the regular locker room?

Sorry for all the questions. Iím just nervous and want to be as prepared as possible.
I'd changed in front a few friends before but i was still uncomfortable changing in front of all the girls in my class. Probably took like 2 weeks before I was ok with it. If you want to shower in your swimsuit the just do it, don't worry about what people will think. We don't have private stalls do we have to do everything out in the open. There are still a few girls who are shy but most of us are cool with it now
PrincessCassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2018, 09:58 AM   #17
EvaNL
Member++

EvaNL's Forum Picture

Name: Eva

I'm used to showering in front of other people since I was very young, so I'm not a real good example, but really, it's not a big deal.
If you want to fit in (as you said), then it's not a good idea to shower in your swimsuit when others don't. That's a definite way to attract attention. So, linger a bit, see what the majority does and do that too.
Also, you can't get completely clean while wearing your swimsuit. And you'd have to get naked for dressing anyway.

Please don't overthink and make a big deal out of it. Millions of girls shower in front of others every day. Don't make it bigger than it is. It's not worth the stress! You'll be fine.

I'm les, feel free to contact me
EvaNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2018, 10:57 AM   #18
BECCAandMOLLY

Quote:
Hi! My nameís Becca and Iím new here, but I have a problem I need help with. In a couple of weeks weíre going to do swimming in my gym class. Iím excited because it should be a lot of fun and itís different from the normal stuff weíve been doing in gym for years. They also mix up the classes for swimming, so Iíll be with just girls.

But Iím a little nervous about the locker room. Right now we have to change for our normal gym class and for sports, but thatís just down to our bra and panties normally. I usually put on a sports bra for both and compression shorts for sports, but there are ways to hide that in the locker room. Most people donít shower after regular gym class and JV sports (Iím only a freshman) and there are stalls with curtains for girls who do.

Apparently things change when we do swimming and use the pool locker room. Obviously we have to take all of our clothes off to put on swimsuits (theyíre one pieces owned by the school, by the way), but I guess we also have to shower before and after we use the pool. The shower before is in or swimsuits, I guess, but some people get naked for the shower after. And apparently itís all open showers with no stalls. The only stalls are around the toilets and weíre not allowed to use them to change.

Iím really nervous that Iím going to be under or overdeveloped compared to the other girls or that Iím going to stand out. Do you have any advise for fitting in. In a locker room like this? I think I need to find away to overcome my fears because Iíve heard the locker room for varsity sports is the same way and some teams require showers.

Hey Becca,

Dont be so nervous about it. When i fist started swiimming when i was 14 i was nervous too, about being naked and how i liooked. I talked to my mom and she told me the best advice. Every looks at you like you look at them, so just relax and just go with the flow.

Ive always showered with everyone and it went ok my first time we were all just washing our own bits and then we got out so no one was looking at anyone else

and there

hope this helps
Becca

We need to take a break from VT
molly my self and molly's sister
BECCAandMOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2018, 06:54 PM   #19
Candy in CT
Member++

Candy in CT's Forum Picture

Name: Candy

I do not care what others see. But modeling for 3 years now the first thing you lose is being modest. Like my older said. Once you see another girls tampon string there are no secrets.
Candy in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2018, 10:24 PM   #20
BECCAandMOLLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy in CT View Post
I do not care what others see. But modeling for 3 years now the first thing you lose is being modest. Like my older said. Once you see another girls tampon string there are no secrets.
i like that never thought about the tampon string before lol

We need to take a break from VT
molly my self and molly's sister
BECCAandMOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote