Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Notices

Old October 15th, 2017, 03:11 AM   #1
Nokia_2002

Default OCD Semen

Hi guys,
This is my first post here. My OCD revolves around semen contamination. I just don't want that stuff anywhere where someone may touch it and spread it and whatnot. I am currently seeing a psychiatrist and I am on Lexapro and Abilify.
So, basically with the ERP, I shouldn't be cleaning doorhandles and surfaces, excessively, but then wouldn't that make me immoral? A bad person, who doesn't clean well enough his mess and leaves it for other people to touch?
I struggle with these concepts of "excessive" cleaning and "morality", especially when it comes to the "shameful", "bad" substance, which semen is, at least in my brain. I guess I still have this idea, stuck in my brain, that all sexual activities that lead to the inevitable ejaculation of semen, are "shameful" and "dirty", hence the outcome of them is dirty as well.

Also, it seems I can never wrap my head around the concept of good enough cleaning up of semen. What is considered a good enough cleanup according to people without my OCD?
Nokia_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2017, 01:40 PM   #2
Just JT
I give a actual fuck

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT
Default Re: OCD Semen

Not sure how you feel that way about semen. Thereís really nothing dirty about it. Itís actually sterile, provided you arenít sick. Itís come out of your own body, so really canít be any more dirty than you are yourself. Is why itís ok and IMO healthy to ingest.

So it doesnít really bother me in that way, not saying itís wrong or bad that someone else does either. And I also donít view sexual things as shameful or dirty either. Itís a natural, very good, healthy, and fun thing to do. Itís how we make more humans, and thatís also good.

Aside from proper personal hygeine and safe sex practices, no, I donít feel the same way as you. But also, keep in mind where your hand goes and has been, and where other peopleís hands also go. And pay attention when in a public restroom how many people actually wash their hands after take a piss or take a crap!
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2017, 10:15 AM   #3
Uniquemind
VT Lover

I have that fear to an extent about public hotel rooms after seeing a news report.

But your sense of cleaning is compulsive so there's a sense of irrationality about it even if you clean something perfectly, your brain will still not be satisfied.

Once it doesn't show up under a UV Black light anymore, your good.
Uniquemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2017, 04:07 AM   #4
Hermes
Awesome Poster

I think there are two related issues here.

The first is the concept of "clean enough". Here I think the advertising industry are partly to blame for making people paranoid. For example, they advertise products to kill the germs in your toilet. How long will that last? Until the next time somebody shits in it and then it is full of germs again. The reason people generally don't get infections from a toilet is not because it is clean but because they don't put their hands in it and then put their hands in their mouths so those germs are never transferred into their bodies. Likewise there is a bacteria commonly found on the skin called Staphylococcus. If you did manage to clean it all off it would lead to an increase in fungal infections so it is actually good to have it there. Normally the skin acts a barrier and keeps it out of the body so the only time it is a problem is when you have a cut where it can get rubbed into the wound and make it septic which is why we clean wounds. In an operating theatre the surgeon will be very concerned that the instruments are sterile and not so interested in the state of the floor.

So as far as avoiding getting sick a few targeted measures are all that are necessary, mostly hand washing and in particular washing hands after handling raw meat, after a shit, and before eating food with your hands. How clean the rest of your body is doesn't really matter. The purpose of showering, for example, is to make things pleasant and avoid BO, not to stay healthy. Likewise the purpose of cleaning a house is to make it pleasant, not to avoid getting sick.

On the question of semen feeling dirty because it is the result of an activity that you find morally dirty it may be worth thinking about where that view may have come from. When we're little children our parents, and other adults around us, may refrain from talking about anything sexual because they fear it would "corrupt" our childhood. The consequence is that sex (including masturbation) seems like something secret. We've been told that keeping secrets is bad and we may get to thinking there maybe something bad about it otherwise why would it not be discussed out in the open.

There can also be a religious influence but if you look at the general attitude of the Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Christianity, Islam) the general theme is very strongly anti-adultery but otherwise not so down on sex as people think.

Finally, we can also get a strong message from those concerned about teenage pregnancy but again it is not having sex that is bad but getting someone pregnant when the circumstances aren't right for the pair of you to bring up the baby. That can be addressed by being responsible about contraception and does even apply to masturbation where no-one will get pregnant.

Despite the messages you get from various places some form of sexual release is normal and healthy from puberty through the whole of adulthood and you should not feel guilty about it.
Hermes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2017, 11:45 PM   #5
Nokia_2002

Thank you for all the good messages. My therapist told me not to wipe door handles, cause the point for us as human beings, in general, is not to be perfectly clean, but cleaner than before. Even after washing my hands with soap and water i still cannot be totally sure i have removed all the semen. So I am asking myself: should I wash my hands after masturbation or not? why do people wash them? Isn't wiping enough?
I mean if the point is to remove the semen and the sticky feeling of it and if we can achieve that with paper and wet wipes, why do we need to wash our hands after masturbation/sex, at all?
Nokia_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2017, 09:09 AM   #6
Just JT
I give a actual fuck

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokia_2002 View Post
Thank you for all the good messages. My therapist told me not to wipe door handles, cause the point for us as human beings, in general, is not to be perfectly clean, but cleaner than before. Even after washing my hands with soap and water i still cannot be totally sure i have removed all the semen. So I am asking myself: should I wash my hands after masturbation or not? why do people wash them? Isn't wiping enough?
I mean if the point is to remove the semen and the sticky feeling of it and if we can achieve that with paper and wet wipes, why do we need to wash our hands after masturbation/sex, at all?
Thatís just a personal hygiene thing really. Cause letís face it, when you masturbate, your hands donít typically go to the cleanest of environments. And think about shaking someoneís hand after they masturbate and donít wash their hands. Plus the mess doesnít feel good to me anyways, so yeah I do, itís just good personal hygiene practices is all...
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2017, 03:39 PM   #7
BlackParadePixie
Awesome Poster

BlackParadePixie's Forum Picture

Name: Fiona

:ugh:

cleaning/washing your hands after you masturbate isn't just about personal hygiene... semen can be a carrier for sexually transmitted diseases and other illnesses like hepatitis. YES you should be washing your hands WITH SOAP after masturbating, using the bathroom, etc etc.

17 - f - Wes Anderson fan

BlackParadePixie is online now   Reply With Quote