Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old October 13th, 2017, 10:11 PM   #1
MrZeroDegrees

Default Lay of meds

I've always wanted to become a commercial pilot and have taken steps towards that by looking into the military or shelling out a shit ton of money for a private pilots license. Either way, when looking at certain documents some medications (Including one I take) is listed which blacklists me from flying due to its effects. Do you think it is a good idea to bring this up to my doctor next time I go for my visit and if so, what steps will they take to wean me off of my meds?
MrZeroDegrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2017, 10:48 PM   #2
Matryoshkasystem

Name: Thane
Default Re: Lay of meds

Depends, how long have you been on, and if you are the type that is dependent or able to go off. Cause it seems that you shouldn't go off meds the first six to nine months you are on them, then there is also the problem some people are dependent on them. I come from a family of them-then again none of them have even bother to attempt to get better-, so do remember that if you can't go off it, maybe ssee if cchanging it is possible.

Hello we are a system-more than one person inhabiting a body-, and glad to be able to be a part of here,if you have anything you wish to talk about we are willing to talk. We can also give you more info on systems if requested.
Matryoshkasystem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2017, 02:41 PM   #3
Microcosm
Awesome Poster

Microcosm's Forum Picture

Name: Dan
Default Re: Lay of meds

It couldn't hurt to ask your doctor about it. I've heard of some people just lying to recruiters about medications they take and getting away with it, but that is an action which you'll have to weigh on both your conscience and on the risk of getting caught lying.
Microcosm is offline   Reply With Quote