Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old August 24th, 2017, 09:06 PM   #1
andy1787

Default I just can't forget about this.

So a year or so ago I made a big mistake.

There was a girl in my school with cancer and I didn't know until this so heres the story:

I'm a joker I always have been and me and my friends used to have a juvenile game were we would pull the bows out of girls hair. One day I saw this girl with a wolly hat on in doors me and my friends wondered why she was wearing it. We walked past her and I pulled it off and as I did I realise there was no hair underneath I felt this horrible feeling in my stomach I apologised over and over as I gave her the hat she kept saying its okay. A teacher came over and grabbed me and put me in this office I sat there alone and I just started weeping I felt like the worst person on planet earth I just wanted to curl up into a ball and die. 10 minutes later the headteacher came in and saw that I was visibly upset he seemed calm as the just talked to the girl and I explained to him what happened. And he said I was not to worry as It was just a mistake he told me my dad would come and pick me up to take me home. The entire way home I kept thinking how everbody would hate me and id have no friends. That night I got loads of messages and phone calls off friends saying that no one hates me and they feel sorry for me but I was still disgusted in my self. The next day I brought in a sorry card and a box of chocolates for the girl and everything was okay.

But sometimes I sit there and I think about that day and what I did and I feel sick to the stomach everythings fine but I still hate my self for it even though it was an accident.
andy1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2017, 09:47 PM   #2
BlackParadePixie
Awesome Poster

BlackParadePixie's Forum Picture

Name: Fiona
Default Re: I just can't forget about this.

There's no need to keep beating yourself up over it. It sounds like you showed true remorse and even responded by apologizing to her personally, which is alot more than most people do.

You made a mistake, now just learn from it. Part of learning from it is learning to forgive yourself and move on.

17 - f - Wes Anderson fan

BlackParadePixie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2017, 10:00 PM   #3
andy1787

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackParadePixie View Post
There's no need to keep beating yourself up over it. It sounds like you showed true remorse and even responded by apologizing to her personally, which is alot more than most people do.

You made a mistake, now just learn from it. Part of learning from it is learning to forgive yourself and move on.
Thank you that makes me feel abit better
andy1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2017, 12:16 AM   #4
Vermilion
Awesome Poster

Vermilion's Forum Picture

Name: ....

Everyone has made mistakes that they can't forgive them self for. You didn't know and she doesn't hate you. You may of been made her feel normal for doing it cos you treated her like you would anyone else for the first part.
Vermilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2017, 08:26 PM   #5
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

Well we all make mistakes my friend. You were truly remorseful and apologized right away. You brought tears to my eyes reading your story.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote