Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old June 13th, 2017, 02:34 PM   #1
EssentialAspiration
Junior Member+

Default I feel bad

I feel awful all the time whenever I'm alone I self reflect and it's always negative and I thought it was just a phase but it's been months now and I still never feel happy and I don't know what to do. I have a friend with depression I'm tempted to talk to about this shit cos hes diagnosed and everything so he knows stuff about mental health and where to go but I don't want to friends don't talk about that stuff it gets weird it's weird I don't know what to do
EssentialAspiration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2017, 02:38 PM   #2
devotionnel

devotionnel's Forum Picture

Name: shay
Default Re: I feel bad

Maybe you could go and talk to a doctor about it? I'm not sure of your location, but in the UK it's completely confidential - even from parents - unless you're a danger to yourself. Is there anyone in your life, like your friend, or a parent or teacher you could confide in? Maybe they could help work towards you feeling a little better.

Furthermore, have you tried distracting yourself from the self-reflection? I tend to overthink a lot too and I find that creative outlets like painting or distractions like music or reading are a good way to take my mind off of the things I'm thinking.

devotionnel ~ help and advice moderator
ask me last.fm

~Endeavour was here~
*Mars was here*
devotionnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2017, 02:42 PM   #3
Endeavour
Global Moderator

Endeavour's Forum Picture

I completely agree with what has been said above - you need to talk this through with someone. Talking it through with your friend is a good idea - you know each other, you'll understand each other and more importantly you'll be able to help each other. Trying to figure out exactly what is causing this might be a good idea too, is it stress from work or family or something else? Try and take yourself away from these stress 'inducers' (sorry, couldn't think of a better word) and try and distract yourself with something you enjoy, art, music, going out with friends, whatever makes you happy. Hope things turn out better for you soon.

Global Moderator
live a life you will remember

Feel free to contact me: PM [email protected]
Visit: Path to the Horizon Ask Me Anything
Endeavour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2017, 02:47 PM   #4
lolaa

lolaa's Forum Picture

this might not be as helpful as talking to someone about this but try listening to some affirmations on youtube to lift up your mood and to keep you in a positive vibe . it always helps me calm down

17 | BI-RACIAL | GREAT SPEAKER, BAD LIAR AND A VERY HONEST PERSON
lolaa is offline   Reply With Quote