Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Notices

Old February 10th, 2017, 05:53 PM   #1
that_bakergirl1930

Default I miss my Nonie

My great grandmother passed away on July 7th, 2016, she was honestly my best friend. I was closer to her then I was with my own mom. Now that she is gone I feel very alone. She always had a way of making everything better by just being present in the room. Also, my 17th birthday is Wednesday and the only thing I want is her to come back and hug me and reassure me that everything will be ok!!! I feel like my friends are tired of hearing about her all the time and they think I should he over her by now, but everyone grieves in their own way. I know that they just want me to smile again, but I can't right now!!
that_bakergirl1930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2017, 07:06 PM   #2
BlackParadePixie
Awesome Poster

BlackParadePixie's Forum Picture

Name: Fiona
Default Re: I miss my Nonie

Wow...great grandma? My grandparents aren't even around anymore.
Very sorry for your loss though. It's very normal to feel sad and lonely after someone passes away. You just need to try and remember how much she loved you and you loved her. There is no timetable for grieving, like you said...everyone deals with it in their own way. So just take the time you feel you need to deal with everything...and stay positive

17 - f - Wes Anderson fan

BlackParadePixie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2017, 05:58 PM   #3
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

I feel for you very much. Mourning is very different for all of us. It never completely goes away. We will always mourn and miss our loved ones. I think you have to cherish the great memories and let that be comfort to you. I lost my little brother 13 years ago from a brain tumor and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about him and miss him. Sometimes the pain is so physically hard that you just ache. Hang in there and cry when you feel like it and cherish those memories. I know exactly how you feel about friends too and their reactions and like aren't you ever going to get over this and quit talking about it. Well as you fully know it's hard not to talk and remember someone that was a huge part of your life. You should try to control how much you do talk about your gram and just think of her to yourself. I only have one grandparent left too and I greatly miss my other ones too. Be strong and ask God to ease your burdens and remember that God and your Great Grandma are always with you.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2017, 11:31 PM   #4
Desdemona

Desdemona's Forum Picture

Name: Desdemona (Desi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by that_bakergirl1930 View Post
My great grandmother passed away on July 7th, 2016, she was honestly my best friend. I was closer to her then I was with my own mom. Now that she is gone I feel very alone. She always had a way of making everything better by just being present in the room. Also, my 17th birthday is Wednesday and the only thing I want is her to come back and hug me and reassure me that everything will be ok!!! I feel like my friends are tired of hearing about her all the time and they think I should he over her by now, but everyone grieves in their own way. I know that they just want me to smile again, but I can't right now!!
Sorry about your loss.

Last edited by Desdemona; May 14th, 2017 at 03:41 AM.
Desdemona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2017, 12:58 PM   #5
bpk1234

bpk1234's Forum Picture

You have to remember that you met more than anything to her. She wouldn't want you crying and being down. You may not have her physically in your presence anymore but you'll always have her mentally and through memories. Remember all the good times, all the advice she gave you and go out and live your life for her!
bpk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2017, 01:28 AM   #6
that_bakergirl1930

I'm sorry it took me this long to reply, I just needed some time away to cope. But I'm in a better place now and I've learned to accept her death, although I miss her terribly! I'm trying to do my best to live my life and make her proud of me.
that_bakergirl1930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2017, 12:49 AM   #7
NewLeafsFan
Great Poster

Name: Cedrick

I'm so sorry to hear about that.

I was also very close to my grandmother. She died in July 2015. I saw my grandparents almost everyday. She had Alzheimers disease and my grandpa, who couldn't handle her well anymore, was her primary caregiver. We put her in a nursing home and she died 16 days later. My grandpa is a very strong person emotionally. I had never seen him cry. He cried each of those 16 days and then at her funeral.

I think you're right about your friends. It's much better to get support in an environment like this or a support group than to depend on friends to listen to you go on about it a lot.

Canada / Sport Management (Hockey) Major / Straight / Left-Wing Progressive / 18 yrs old

Cedrick Desjardins
NewLeafsFan is offline   Reply With Quote