A thread dedicated to talking about my days spent away from VT

"May the space of where I am, and where I want to be inspire me"
Old October 21st, 2016, 12:40 AM   #2
Melodic
VT's Rising Vocalist

Melodic's Forum Picture

Name: Madie
Default Re: life and stuff

I came back from two days off of work and as expected, my departments had to be completely zoned. I get pretty annoyed that everyone depends on me to the point I can't depend on them when I need to. Don't get me wrong, I love most of my co-workers but it's difficult sometimes. The holidays are approaching and I'm afraid I'm gonna have more work than I can handle.

Old October 21st, 2016, 09:59 AM   #3
Melodic
VT's Rising Vocalist

Melodic's Forum Picture

It's my mom's birthday today so I took the day off. It's probably not a good idea for me to work with customers today when I'm really down.

Also. I'm now an official volunteer for the local food pantry! I start on Tuesday morning!

Old October 23rd, 2016, 12:53 AM   #4
Melodic
VT's Rising Vocalist

Melodic's Forum Picture

My managers called me into an office.

To talk to me about cross training in three other departments to prepare myself for a management position.

And to tell me I have halloween weekend off.

All this because I called in yesterday?

I've only worked there for 2 months now and I'm barely 18.

I obviously accepted this potential offer.

My co-worker gave me a good luck charm today though. It was originally given to me because I couldn't move away from my department for two hours because people wanted me to constantly cut fabrics. Ah, Halloween.

I don't typically believe in that type of stuff.. but crrazzy!

Old October 24th, 2016, 02:42 PM   #5
Melodic
VT's Rising Vocalist

Melodic's Forum Picture

I have three days off. I'm heading up to Wisconsin Dells in a bit.

Old October 25th, 2016, 01:12 PM   #6
Melodic
VT's Rising Vocalist

Melodic's Forum Picture

Yes. My last blog was kinda short. I wanted to blog but was stuck waiting for the car to be fixed and I only had my phone with me.

I went up to the Dells yesterday. I went shopping at the Outlet Mall. I got a Old Navy hoodie, a tee shirt from the Disney store, and three decorations for my room from Wet Seal. I also went to the half priced book store and got myself five new books but this was before I went up to the dells. I had dinner at Buffalo Phils, and ran next door to the Arcade which had the coolest games ever! They had a Flappy Bird Video game that gave me throwbacks from my addiction back in 2014. It was a very fun evening!

I'm about to head to my voice lessons in a little bit and I just recorded a new cover that I plan on posting in the next day or two!

I also just got off the phone a little bit ago to schedule a appointment with an orthopedic for my back. Keep me in your thoughts!

Old November 1st, 2016, 08:24 PM   #7
Melodic
VT's Rising Vocalist

Melodic's Forum Picture

My halloween wasn't too spectacular. I worked throughout Monday. Ironically, I did end up helping put up a few Christmas displays.

Old November 3rd, 2016, 02:09 PM   #8
Melodic
VT's Rising Vocalist

Melodic's Forum Picture

For those who don't know, I'm pretty pissed right now. Basically if you haven't read my thread on TWPR, my "friend" is accusing me of hitting on her boyfriend. Which is pretty dumb because I NEVER thought of him like that. Seriously... he's not my type.

They are both in an extremely abusive relationship and my dumbass apparently got myself in this mess for whatever reason. I think it's because I started talking to him. I avoided him for a while because I didn't really like him at first. I thought he was a dick.

So. I've pretty much already decided that I want absolutely nothing to do with her. Mostly because of this and the fact that she's abusing her own boyfriend so I don't want to associate myself with her.

I will still be going to volunteer at the shelter as thankfully I still have friends there.

Old November 6th, 2016, 12:40 PM   #9
Melodic
VT's Rising Vocalist

Melodic's Forum Picture

I've been practicing for my student recital next Sunday. I'm singing "Remedy" by Adele. I've also been working on a couple Christmas covers as well!

Work has been interesting since I've been having constant mood swings the last few weeks. I've been getting easily bored which has made me slightly less motivated. Thankfully the holidays are approaching... yeah I know I'm gonna regret saying that later.

I received my Thanksgiving/Black Friday schedule! Thankfully I don't start until 5:30pm on Thanksgiving so I can have a warm thanksgiving meal at my Aunt's house. She's a vegetarian so I'm already planning on bringing the turkey. Since I'll have Tuesday and Wednesday off, I've been scanning Pinterest for some neat recipes to create!

Old November 26th, 2016, 11:35 PM   #10
Melodic
VT's Rising Vocalist

Melodic's Forum Picture

So. There's like five other Wal-Marts in a thirty minute distance so Thanksgiving/Black Friday wasn't as crowded as I expected. Which is probably a bad thing for everyone else, but I'm claustrophobic and wasn't looking forward to it. I only had to manage crowds for an hour before being moved to my department for the rest of the night.

Old December 11th, 2016, 03:01 PM   #11
Melodic
VT's Rising Vocalist

Melodic's Forum Picture

I guess there's been a bit going on lately and I've been a little depressed so here I am!

1) I got diagnosed with Adjustment Disorder. Basically, it's a extremely mild form of post traumatic stress mixed with anxiety and depression symptoms. I'm starting therapy this Friday where I have to discuss my feelings and stuff.

2) I've started getting depressed at work. My department manager has pretty much been straight up bullying and putting me down in front of other co-workers and my support managers to the point I've spent all of my shifts with her this week crying in the bathroom. So, I'm pretty much in a place where I have to switch departments or cut my hours at work and have a second job.

3) I have a crush. He has a girlfriend and seemed like he was interested in me. Now, he pretty much backed off from that. He got really flirty at the staff meeting a couple weeks ago and now he's only making small talk with me. In a way, I respect him for it because it's probably the best thing for him to do in this situation but I'm pretty upset because he led me on and nothing went anywhere.

Old December 12th, 2016, 05:04 PM   #12
Melodic
VT's Rising Vocalist

Melodic's Forum Picture

I'm typing this random diary post so my crush doesn't know I'm paying attention to him at this very moment because he's an ass for leading me on and then I overheard talking about his girlfriend. I'm extremely jealous. Oh he sat next to my table and tried taking to me. Uh no.

I also went to the office and put in a request to transfer to a different department because I'm annoyed and don't want to be in my department with my extremely rude department manager anymore.

Already I'm heading off break now.

Old December 19th, 2016, 01:24 AM   #13
Melodic
VT's Rising Vocalist

Melodic's Forum Picture

Okay. So.. I know everyone is probably thinking my last posts were a little insane. To put things bluntly, I was on my period and it was a rough one.

1) My crush is not some ass. I was just jealous that he was talking about his girlfriend and was extremely immature about it. Like, I knew he had a girlfriend. Tonight he talked about his girlfriend a little more to me personally and I realized he's not some player. He doesn't want to hurt either of us. So, he's just trying to be a friend to me. And I still like him, don't get me wrong. I'm actually proud that I like this guy. And the fact that he cared about me and his girlfriend to stop this situation from getting out of hand without hurting any one of us proves the type of character he is.

2) Instead of running away from my department completely, I maturely discussed the situation with my department manager and assistant manager at a meeting. So, I'm on good terms with my managers as of now. My department manager didn't realize how out of hand she was getting. Which could be a lie, but at least she admitted it to the manager so I have proof if the problem continues.

Old December 20th, 2016, 01:01 PM   #14
Melodic
VT's Rising Vocalist

Melodic's Forum Picture

So, my nana cancelled our Christmas celebration for yesterday and is going to try to come here on Christmas Day. Given that she still has no plans or reservation of where she's staying, this could turn out quite badly.

On that note, I've officially came up with a list of what I'm making for our Christmas celebration(s). I'm making Nutella Blondies for the first celebration at my aunt Sandy's. Hot Cocoa Cheesecake Dip and my famous Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies for the second celebration at my house. I'm picking up all the ingredients after volunteering at the shelter tomorrow evening.

Old December 25th, 2016, 12:08 AM   #15
Melodic
VT's Rising Vocalist

Melodic's Forum Picture

Survived my first day of working Christmas Eve. Like most would expect, 99 percent of the people who shopped today was extremely rude. My department manager is back to hating my guts again, for no apparent reason. And my crush tried awkwardly touching my arm to the point I'm overthinking. So.. honestly same shit, different day.

On a bright side, I just finished baking for tomorrow's events and we're about to unwrap presents in a couple minutes.

Have a good holiday everybody!

Old December 26th, 2016, 11:16 PM   #16
Melodic
VT's Rising Vocalist

Melodic's Forum Picture

Went over to my Aunt S's on Christmas morning where everyone decided to act all upper class and call our appetizers and desserts Hors d'oeuvres. THEY ARE FREAKING CHRISTMAS COOKIES AND CHEESE AND CRACKERS! Shut up. Oh, let's not even mention the Target VS Walmart argument. *insert eyeroll*

Note: I work at walmart and everyone was talking about how bad it is, so I did bring up the fact I received a job offer at Target shortly after my job offer with Wal-Mart.

We had our second celebration at the house and we picked up my nana. She actually was in a good mood so this time I didn't have to check out early at the hotel room. But she decided to pay for a 40 dollar hotel room at a place that has drug trafficking and prostitution.

This was an interesting Christmas.

But I got an IPad soooo.

Old January 3rd, 2017, 09:16 PM   #17
Melodic
VT's Rising Vocalist

Melodic's Forum Picture

Thanks to my voice teacher or my co-worker for giving me this cold. I called in Sunday which I really needed, but if I knew I wouldn't get fired I would've called in yesterday because I felt like absolute shit and almost passed out three times at work.

I'm feeling a bit better today though. I'm debating on taking some time next week and staying at a hotel just to get some alone, relaxation time. But I haven't thought much of it.

Old January 9th, 2017, 12:03 AM   #18
Melodic
VT's Rising Vocalist

Melodic's Forum Picture

So. I realized I've discussed my bad co-worker in my department. Well, today she called in and will be getting fired on Tuesday because we have a strict attendance policy.

How does this affect me?

1) I actually started becoming friends with the little shit.

2) I'm planning on auditioning for two different productions in February so I was kinda hoping I would be able to switch to 1st shift and have her cover 2nd.

Thankfully, I know a couple second shift employees that want to change into our department so hopefully it will be a fast process..

Old January 10th, 2017, 12:39 AM   #19
Melodic
VT's Rising Vocalist

Melodic's Forum Picture

I guess a bunch of stuff has been hitting me recently. I haven't done much musically because I'm tied down at work with both hands which has made me resent my job. I'm not fitting in with my co-workers at all and I finally made friends and they're all leaving. I just found out my crush is a stoner which is hard for me to get used to since my mom was always high to the point she never did anything. My closest friend suddenly got a new job and has been acting like she's better than me.

I'm in a little bit of a rough patch right now.

Old January 16th, 2017, 01:43 PM   #20
Melodic
VT's Rising Vocalist

Melodic's Forum Picture

I've been having second thoughts with working at Wal-Mart. I just want to have more opportunities as a vocalist and it's almost impossible when I'm constantly tied down at work. It would be great to go to college. I want to study as theatre director as I feel a vocal performance degree is way more risky. Every-time I think about it I realize I can't afford the tuition costs and refuse to apply for financial aid because I don't want to put myself in debt like my mom did.

Me and my crush haven't even spoke since my last post. Once again, he's pushing me away and it's been going on way longer than normal because I guess I'm pushing him away. I don't know. I guess I'm just getting tired and I'm realizing this situation is never going to get anywhere. I don't like the idea of waiting around for someone like a damsel in distress.

Closed Thread