Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old March 26th, 2004, 01:36 PM   #1
Jono
Awesome Poster

Default First Time Cutting

When was the first time you cut yourself? What did it feel like the first time you cut yourself? What was going through your head at the time? If you look at the thing that was going through your head at the time you can try and figure out why you cut in the first place.

For me it was my friends and my girlfriend at the time, my Mum and Dad
disagreed on me going out with her and we had a row, my friends were ignoring me and one of the best friends I had ever had fell out with me.
It may seem fairly normal but to me at the time it was the end of my life and for the first time in my life I begun to contemplate on suicide, cutting seemed a way of getting all my pain and anger out but I also blamed myself for many things so hurting myself seemed logical at the time.

Once I realised that cutting could not go on, I looked at the things that I thought of that first time and I basically had a checklist and I went around sorting everything out. By the time I had got everything sorted cutting seemed irrelevent.

That may not apply to everyone but if you try and sort out the problems going through your head each time, life will be better.

Cutting may be a temporary solution but in the long run it really does not help. It damages you sometimes in ways that will never leave you and can leave you with scars that last forever.

Last edited by ImCoolBeans; July 9th, 2013 at 05:49 PM.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2004, 09:36 AM   #2
TheWizard
Retired Administrator

TheWizard's Forum Picture

Thanks Jono thats good.

Josh

TheWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2008, 05:26 PM   #3
ariana

Default Re: First Time Cutting

I recently started cutting. Most of it was brought on because I can no longer talk to the guy I'm in love with because of his parents. Plus, he has a new girlfriend now. It felt extremely good to cut and it helped a hell of a lot. I've done it twice so far on my legs and it's really bad looking. And big.
ariana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2008, 12:26 PM   #4
jma94

Well, Several months ago, I was rather aggravated. I was feeling sad for some reason, my aunt [ who i live with] was yelling at me for some stupid reason like she always does. So i picked up a knife and slid it across my wrist. Wasn't deep, but i did several moreon each arm.
jma94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 09:05 AM   #5
pretty-mistake

pretty-mistake's Forum Picture

hello.
i'm new here.
about 2 weeks ago, i started cutting for the first time in a year.
i feel such a failure at times. i just sit there and look at the marks thinking what have i done =[
pretty-mistake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2008, 05:42 PM   #6
electric7rocker
Member++

electric7rocker's Forum Picture

ARIANA!!! cuttings bad you need to stop before it gets to late..... seriously.

...but she was blind to this...

~i am rowan hear me roar
electric7rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2008, 08:02 PM   #7
Camazotz
Seor Waddles

Camazotz's Forum Picture

Name: Matt

Its alright Ariana. We're all here to help you.

Ѐņ ߀خ Ί∩خ
~Laura was here~
Camazotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2008, 08:44 PM   #8
electric7rocker
Member++

ariana im everywhere to help you

~i am rowan hear me roar
Old March 6th, 2008, 10:10 PM   #9
ariana

[POSSIBLE SPAM] This post contained links and was either posted by a guest, a restricted account, or a member with less than 10 posts. This may be an advertising spam message from a bot or an eager salesman. In short, please disregard this post
Old March 8th, 2008, 05:32 PM   #10
ariana

I didn't cut my arm,that freaks me out for some reason.
I cut my legs.
eerghh=/
Old March 8th, 2008, 05:40 PM   #11
electric7rocker
Member++

i started on my arms, then went to my legs so no one could see it, then went to my arms cuz i liked it better.

now its nowhere

~i am rowan hear me roar
Old March 21st, 2008, 11:45 PM   #12
scatman

scatman's Forum Picture

cutting doent benafit you in the least amount so i say dont do it ive done it trust me its not something you want to look back at when your older

To Get attack first period.
And have all the girls
Write LOVE On my arms
scatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2008, 01:16 AM   #13
Mzor203
VT Lover

Name: Rex

I made my first cuts for no good reason at all today. Just small little lines on my hand. It didn't even feel that good. No blood.
Mzor203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2008, 05:32 AM   #14
Gender-Unknown
Junior Member+

Why do people cut? Does it make them feel better but the pain would be severe wouldn't it?

Tell me please?
Gender-Unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2008, 07:17 AM   #15
ShatteredWings
Under the Stars

ShatteredWings's Forum Picture

Name: Kyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gender-Unknown View Post
Why do people cut? Does it make them feel better but the pain would be severe wouldn't it?

Tell me please?
i honestly don't know why...why it hurts, but it doesn't...idk..i guess it justs gets your mind off it...not saying it's GOOD...but....
for the record, there are other ways people hurt themselves, i know cause my first choice doentn actualy envolve blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire_Flames View Post
VT turned me lesbo acid wankers wtf.
~Laura Was Here~
Retired Gmod
ShatteredWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2008, 03:04 PM   #16
DouggyO.o
The Forgotten One

DouggyO.o's Forum Picture

Name: Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gender-Unknown View Post

Tell me please?
It can be hard to understand why people cut themselves on purpose. Cutting is a way some people try to cope with the pain of strong emotions, intense pressure, or upsetting relationship problems. They may be dealing with feelings that seem too difficult to bear, or bad situations they think can't change.

Some people cut because they feel desperate for relief from bad feelings. People who cut may not know better ways to get relief from emotional pain or pressure.

There are other ways to cope with difficulties, even big problems and terrible emotional pain. The help of a mental health professional might be needed for major life troubles. For other tough situations or strong emotions, it can help put things in perspective to talk problems over with parents, other adults, or friends. Believe it or not, getting plenty of exercise can also help put problems in perspective.

But people who cut may not have developed these skills. When emotions don't get expressed in a healthy way, tension can build up — sometimes to a point where it seems almost unbearable. Cutting may be an attempt to relieve that extreme tension. It's a confused way of feeling in control.

Younger teens are more likely to cut — perhaps because older teens know other ways to deal with problems.

Cutting is more common among girls, but guys sometimes self-injure, too.

The urge to cut might be triggered by strong feelings the person can't express — such as anger, hurt, shame, frustration, or depression. People who cut sometimes say they feel they don't fit in or that no one understands them. A person might cut because of losing someone close or to escape a sense of emptiness. Cutting might seem like the only way to find relief or express personal pain over relationships or rejection.

People who cut or self-injure sometimes have other mental health problems that contribute to their emotional tension. Cutting is sometimes (but not always) associated with depression, bipolar disorder, eating disorders, obsessive thinking, or compulsive behaviors. It can also be a sign of mental health problems that cause people to have trouble controlling their impulses or to take unnecessary risks. Some people who cut themselves have problems with drug or alcohol abuse.

Some people who cut have had a traumatic experience, such as living through abuse, violence, or a disaster. Self-injury may feel like a way of "waking up" from a sense of numbness after a traumatic experience. Or it may be a way of reinflicting the pain they went through, expressing anger over it, or trying to get control of it.
DouggyO.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2008, 12:58 PM   #17
ShatteredWings
Under the Stars

ShatteredWings's Forum Picture

Name: Kyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouggyO.o View Post
It can be hard to understand why people cut themselves on purpose. Cutting is a way some people try to cope with the pain of strong emotions, intense pressure, or upsetting relationship problems. They may be dealing with feelings that seem too difficult to bear, or bad situations they think can't change.

Some people cut because they feel desperate for relief from bad feelings. People who cut may not know better ways to get relief from emotional pain or pressure.

There are other ways to cope with difficulties, even big problems and terrible emotional pain. The help of a mental health professional might be needed for major life troubles. For other tough situations or strong emotions, it can help put things in perspective to talk problems over with parents, other adults, or friends. Believe it or not, getting plenty of exercise can also help put problems in perspective.

But people who cut may not have developed these skills. When emotions don't get expressed in a healthy way, tension can build up — sometimes to a point where it seems almost unbearable. Cutting may be an attempt to relieve that extreme tension. It's a confused way of feeling in control.

Younger teens are more likely to cut — perhaps because older teens know other ways to deal with problems.

Cutting is more common among girls, but guys sometimes self-injure, too.

The urge to cut might be triggered by strong feelings the person can't express — such as anger, hurt, shame, frustration, or depression. People who cut sometimes say they feel they don't fit in or that no one understands them. A person might cut because of losing someone close or to escape a sense of emptiness. Cutting might seem like the only way to find relief or express personal pain over relationships or rejection.

People who cut or self-injure sometimes have other mental health problems that contribute to their emotional tension. Cutting is sometimes (but not always) associated with depression, bipolar disorder, eating disorders, obsessive thinking, or compulsive behaviors. It can also be a sign of mental health problems that cause people to have trouble controlling their impulses or to take unnecessary risks. Some people who cut themselves have problems with drug or alcohol abuse.

Some people who cut have had a traumatic experience, such as living through abuse, violence, or a disaster. Self-injury may feel like a way of "waking up" from a sense of numbness after a traumatic experience. Or it may be a way of reinflicting the pain they went through, expressing anger over it, or trying to get control of it.
on the nose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire_Flames View Post
VT turned me lesbo acid wankers wtf.
~Laura Was Here~
Retired Gmod
ShatteredWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2008, 12:40 PM   #18
Crystal-Clear
Junior Member+

Crystal-Clear's Forum Picture

Go look at the Magicians Assistant thread, and listen to the song I put there.
If that can't put across the message, I don't know what can.

People can tell you to stop cutting before it's too late, but its up to you guys to take that advice and make it happen. Its lik quick sand, once your in, its tough to get back out.

(For those of you that are lazy thread is there -> http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=24024)

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one." - Elbert Hubbard
Crystal-Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2008, 02:49 PM   #19
kerry
Great Poster

kerry's Forum Picture

i will haven't and will not cut myself in my life....

Kerry.Anne.Newman 13
Birthdayy In January Yeahh
Email Me At
[email protected] OR [email protected]
kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2008, 02:53 PM   #20
Underground_Network
Divide By Hero

Underground_Network's Forum Picture

Name: Adam

Knives scare me. I prefer to burn myself or inflict pain in other ways. I haven't hurt myself intentionally in forever though. Last time I intentionally hurt myself was on our end of the year field trip last year in 8th grade when we had a "who could endure the most pain" contest... I would've won, but we never finished b/c we got in trouble for stealing all the ice and salt packets... But yeah, cutting is just a way of relieving stress, its not necessarily a good way of relieving stress, but its better than many alternatives. I for one admit that I will never cut myself, but if there was a gun in my house [which there isn't] and I had a bad day, I wouldn't hesitate at shooting myself.

~Adam~
I'm way too high (too high too high)
To be feeling this dry and low
I'm way too tired, I've tried
I'm fired up and ready to roll
Lets go
Underground_Network is offline   Reply With Quote