View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2015, 12:20 PM   #1
Vlerchan
unadulteratedReason

Vlerchan's Forum Picture

Default VT Reading Group

I mean for this to focus around non-fiction works. If this gets support at all I'm hoping we'll decide on a list together.

The hope is that we would choose works that are available as PDFs online because I most people here don't have a regular income. The aim then is that each month there would be work selected and we'd then have 30 days to read it. I would hope that these works would be short - i.e. <200 pp. Then there'd be discussion and perhaps that would occur in a separate ROTW thread.

I'm still considering as to whether the selection mechanism would be on rotation or democratic - or a mixture thereof.

Sound OK?

---

I'm tagging people that I think might be interested:

@Paraxiom @JudeanZealot @phuckphace @Uniquemind @Porpoise101 @Microcosm @Salad_Baby @Reise @Atom

Edit: For reference I'll be looking to start a thread and not a subforum.

".... the result of a consistent and total substitution of lies for factual truth is not that the lie will now be accepted as truth, and truth be defamed as lie, but that the sense by which we take our bearings in the real world - and the category of truth versus falsehood is among the mental means to this end - is being destroyed ... [H.A.]"
Vlerchan is offline   Reply With Quote