View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2009, 09:42 PM   #61
RaeNose
Nice Poster

RaeNose's Forum Picture

Name: Kylie (means "boomerang")
Default Re: Has anyone told their parents?

How do you skip lunch? Sorry, I haven't been on in a while. The concept of skipping lunch is... foreign to me. (If you've seen old star trek, that's what I sound like saying that out loud. lol.)

Anyway, I understand about the whole independence thing. My parents forced me to be able to stand on my own. It's now a goal for my entire family to find me a job and get me a car (maybe 17th b-day? Idk.) It's incredibly hard to be the oldest, because as the oldest you're required to be the organized second parent almost. It's true that you get all the benefits that the younger siblings don't get, but you have to break parents down to get them. And sometimes, it doesn't even matter about the benefits, because there's so much expected of you that you can't give up. You must be the strong one that always finds a way, because you're the hope-bringer to the family. The whole thing kills me sometimes, because being one of the younger children would be so much easier with so much more attention. I know no one's going to cry when I go to college, because I won't be. I have to work to pay for college, because my parents never saved for mine. So, I'll be going to JC until I can get more scholarships than I have right now. I may not even go considering the way everything is working out. I don't know what's going to happen. I just have to keep working, as I have done my entire life.

"No artist is ever morbid. The artist can express everything." -Oscar Wilde
I <3 General Fiasco!!!!
VT family:
Pimp- Calum; BFF- Thomas; Sis- Bella; Lover- Rik

~Laura was here~
RaeNose is offline   Reply With Quote