Old April 16th, 2011, 09:43 PM   #9
Syvelocin
Ocean Soul

Syvelocin's Forum Picture

Name: Rith
Default Re: I knew it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazMazMaz View Post
Good luck. This really isn't going to ruin your life, I promise. One of the most brilliant people I have ever known has bipolar disorder - she was diagnosed when she was only thirteen - and she copes with it pretty well. Honestly, with the right counseling and medication, you can still live a great life.

Also, if you try and look at it from a different angle, it's a good thing you've now been diagnosed? Now whenever you have depressions or episodes, you know what's going on and you'll learn ways to combat it and deal with it?

Good luck. You'll do brilliantly.
I have to add, honestly, it's a sign of intelligence and/or creativity to be diagnosed BPD or bipolar. I don't know anyone personally with BPD, but I have a lot of family and I have two friends with bipolar disorder. One is insanely creative, she's into drawing and cosplay, the other is an amazing musician and one of the smartest people I know. My parents are bipolar as well (what a fun family, huh?), my stepdad's a genius and my mum likes sewing (that counts, right?). I honestly don't know even one bipolar who isn't either or both, intelligent and creative. Not to be egotistical, but I'm quite smart and artistic myself XD

And I'm sorry I didn't build your walls. And I'm sorry I had to go and fall.
And I'm sorry I had the whole thing wrong. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
And I'm sorry that you are feeling small. And I'm sorry that I'm not used to crawling.
And I'm sorry the writing's on the wall. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
Syvelocin is offline   Reply With Quote