View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2011, 02:42 AM   #4
Amaryllis
Awesome Poster

Amaryllis's Forum Picture

Name: Z
Default Re: He went past my boundaries....

Now, I know leaving isn't as easy as it seems, leaving someone you feel you should care for, someone you feel responsible for, someone you, perhaps, love. But sweetheart, you can't help someone if you can't help yourself. All you'll end up doing is breaking the both of you and dragging each other down.

This isn't right, Hannah. He shouldn't be forcing himself on you. Forget that he is suicidal or that he harms himself, people who hold you back with guilt aren't people you want to be with at all, much less, for the rest of your life. Imagine the two of you in the future. What will you do? Are you going to everything he asks because you're afraid he will hurt himself? Are you going to be happy?

One day he will lose you and one day he will have to learn to cope. One day, he will be alone. You can't be there for him forever. You can't protect him forever. Especially not at the expense of your own wellbeing.

I want to leave my mother but I need to care for her and she has no one else. I want to tell on my father, let everyone know what he did to me but guilt's holding me back.(partly) We will never be happy if we continue to put the wellbeing of others before our own. One day we will break and one day he will lose you. So leave him before he hurts you even more. There will be others. He's responsible for his own actions. If he cuts, kills himself, whatever, it isn't your fault. You didn't hold a gun to his head and make him do it. He can't blame you and you can't blame yourself. Anyway, he needs to learn. Never rely on anyone too much in this world, for even your shadow leaves you when you're in darkness.

Love,
Faith and Trust

"Never test the depth of water with both feet." - Some dude whose name I cannot remember
Amaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote