View Single Post
Old September 5th, 2013, 11:23 PM   #16
Poisonberry

Poisonberry's Forum Picture

Name: Madison
Default Re: bringing me down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman437 View Post
And there's another problem... My parents won't take me to therapy because "it's normal to feel anxious"... I tried to convince them but no, they just sent me to psychologists, but I need a psychiatrist, not a freaking psychologist! I have GAD, not that anxiety someone has before a date or a very important event! I'm always anxious, for fuck's sake! I get anxious for every little thing! I can't get my mind off of problems because of it!!! I've been feeling like this since I was a child!!! So you see, I'm not the problem, my parents are, thanks to them, I'm the the anxious, fearful and neurotic person on the planet! And the worst part is they don't realize it will send me on a downward spiral if I don't get a grip on them! They won't even let me take anxiolytics!

it's bad not to be financially independent, it's really bad(there are worse things, like having cancer) it's an expectation for a normal citizen for christ's sake! Getting a college degree, a house, a car, a wife and kids. THESE are things a normal citizen has! I don't want to be a slob living at my parent's house!!! Birds are supposed to leave the nest, not live there until they die!
Well, as you said you're 18, so you don't even need them to get help. Don't know how to get help? Well, you say you're going to kill yourself, so call a suicide hotline, they should be able to get you sorted out with the proper help.

There comes a time, and 18 is as good as any, to take charge of your life and take responsibility for who you are. I'm sure your environment has had an effect on you, who hasn't been affected by their life up until now? But how long are you going to lean on that and blame someone else for what only YOU can change?

Lots of people that never even go to university are financially independent, there are a million ways to do it that don't have anything to do with computer science. I know how to use the internet and that's about it, and yet I'm not the least bit worried about being financially independent. We all have different options available to us, I'm sure yours include more than computer science. So I say, get some help getting a handle on your life and stop being a victim, it's obviously not making you happy, it's only giving you an excuse not to succeed.
Poisonberry is offline   Reply With Quote