View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2017, 08:42 PM   #1
Genegerbread

Genegerbread's Forum Picture

Name: Gene
Default Impulsive Insensitivity

Ever since Kindergarten, I've kind of been known as that person who's a bit brash when it comes to acting out. I'm in 10th grade, and around a lot of my friends, I tend to act very impulsive. Every time I'm around them, I try to control it, but I end up just blurting out random crap and acting a bit crazy. Tonight, I definitely took it too far when I took out a pen (had it in my pocket from some type of job fair from a few hours ago) and I started clicking it. Unbeknownst to me, my friend was deathly afraid of needles. Even after she said this, I sort of disregarded it. I eventually apologized and she accepted my apology, but I'm not sure what to do. I've been trying to control these impulses for a while now, and I try to go about my day without getting all crazy, but it always ends up happening. However, I'm not really like this around teachers, as it's important for me to earn their respect. I'm not sure if I have ADD, ADHD, or something else, but I just want to know what's going on with me, and how I can control these impulses. People have told me multiple times that sometimes I get a bit too rowdy, and I feel really guilty about what I've done after. I just don't think they understand that at this time, it's something that I've deemed to be beyond my control.

To specify, this really only happens around my friends. Around adults and my parents, I'm usually laid back. I know it sounds insane that it's difficult to control, but it is. Perhaps I should try talking to my doctor? Anywho, if you have any feedback, I would really appreciate it. I'll be sure to check back every now and then to read and respond.

Thank you!

15 // NY
I like WoW and tons of other things!
Genegerbread is offline   Reply With Quote