View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2011, 06:41 AM   #2
Retired Administrator
Zephyr's Forum Picture
Name: Steph
Join Date: January 15, 2008
Location: Oregon
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 6
Default Re: Where should I go to make sure?

If you really think that you have Bipolar Disorder, then outline symptoms that you have, both on the manic and the depressive sides, and show it to your parents. Sometimes having them actually look at a list makes things different. You can go to your family doctor for initial concerns, they do have knowledge in the mental illness department. If your family doctor isn't sure, then they may refer you to a psychological professional for further observation.

Keep in mind that Bipolar Disorder is the most common misdiagnosed mental condition, it's easy to misdiagnose when someone is going through puberty due to normal hormone changes, so there's a good chance that you're perfectly fine. Something to keep in mind is to look at the manic symptoms. There's a big difference in being happy and feeling good as opposed to being manic.

So if you care to find me, look to the western sky.
As someone told me lately, everyone deserves a chance to fly.

✯ Alis Volat Propriis ✯

Last edited by Zephyr; September 25th, 2011 at 06:45 AM.
Zephyr is offline