View Single Post
Old July 23rd, 2006, 08:25 PM  
Dante
Legendary Member

Default Boy killed in Wal-Mart

Boy Killed by Falling Mirror in Wal-Mart

INDIANAPOLIS (July 23) - A mirror at a store fell on a 3-year-old boy, killing him, officials said.

Christopher Antonio was apparently playing near the 5-foot-tall floor-mounted mirror in the children's section of a Wal-Mart when it fell Saturday.

The toddler was likely killed by the blunt force of the crash, said Marion County Sheriff's Lt. Michael DeHart.

"The mother was approximately 5 feet away from the child when she heard a loud crash," DeHart said. The boy's 5-year-old sister was also at the store, deputies said.

His mother and another shopper pulled the mirror off the boy, DeHart said.

Wal-Mart was cooperating with investigators, said Jolanda Stewart, spokeswoman for Bentonville, Ark.-based Wal-Mart Stores Inc.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and the matter is under investigation," she said.

07-23-06 18:35 EDT

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.

If Any Member needs to talk to me about anything, Just PM me, the door is always open.

My blog: Blog...
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote